Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in visakhapatanam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeesh.V
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeesh.VYour feedback matters!
A Gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor is a condition characterized by the formation of malignant tumor in the gastrointestinal tract. It may also affect the esophagus, gallbladder, liver, pancreas, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum, and anus (the accessory organs).
In Gastrointestinal carcinoid, the tumor is commonly the neuroendocrine tumor (the abnormal growth of cells and tissues originate from the nervous and the endocrine system).
Causes of Gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor:
Several factors may be responsible for gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor, the most common of which include
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome: It is a condition whereby multiple tumors (gastrinomas) may develop on the duodenum (mainly the upper part) and the pancreas. This abnormal condition leads to increased secretion of the hormone gastrin, which, in turn, triggers the stomach to produce acids in excess amounts. More than often, the syndrome results in peptic ulcers. Research suggests that people with Zollinger Ellison syndrome (if left unattended and untreated for long) may suffer from the gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor.
- Multiple Endocrine: Neoplasia Type-1 (formation of tumor in the endocrine gland as well as in parts of the stomach and small intestine) can also trigger Gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor (though rare).
The symptoms associated with Gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor include
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Abdominal pain.
- Extreme tiredness, nausea, and vomiting.
- Stomach upset (a person may throw up), diarrhea.
- There is a loss of appetite. A person feels full all the time (even after eating only a small morsel of food).
- Difficulty in swallowing the food (in the case of the tumor in the esophagus).
- The stool may appear black and tarry (due to bleeding into the small intestine and the stomach). The stool may also appear red (if the bleeding is into the large intestine).
Women are more likely to be affected by than their male counterparts. The aged people are slightly more susceptible to Gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors.
Diagnosis and treatment:
Diagnosis of gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors include
- Physical examination.
- Urine and blood tests play a pivotal role in determining the protein and hormone levels, thus making the diagnosis more efficient and accurate.
- Certain imaging tests such as MRI, CTscan, X-rays, PET.
- Endoscopy and Colonoscopy.
- OctreoScan is the scan, the doctor injects a substance called octreotide (in combination with a radioactive material) into the body and monitors the amount of octreotide absorbed by the body. Absorption of large amounts of octreotide indicates the presence of a tumor.
- MIBG scan: The test is identical to OctreoScan except the substance used here is MIBG.
As with most cases of cancer, the treatment for Gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor include
- Surgery: Depending on the stage and the severity, surgery may be needed to remove the tumor.
- Radiation Therapy: High beam rays are used to kill the cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy: Drugs are administered orally or intravenously to get rid of the cancer cells.
- Hormone therapy: Hormone therapy may be used to treat gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors. Here, doses of synthetic hormones (Lanreotide and Octreotide) are given to the patients. These hormone work by blocking the hormones produced by the tumor cells.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) is a minimally invasive procedure to assess digestive (gastrointestinal) and lung diseases. A special endoscope uses high-frequency sound waves to produce detailed images of the lining and walls of your digestive tract and chest, nearby organs such as the pancreas and liver, and lymph nodes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have chapped lips from the past two years and now my lip skin has become so hard and has cracks. I have cheilitis and I don't know how to cure it. My doctor simply suggested to apply Vaseline but I've tried everything but nothing seems to work please help.
Sir my left side testis is found varicocele. And it's paining. I have consulted Dr. Imadad Ali. Urologist surgeon in bellary. He gave me tablet. Le young, and modular. To use 2 months. But no use please help me.
Why the skin get red after itching. I understand some places and for some one who had this from young age. The redness stays for 3 to 5 mins and disappears. And all these is happening to me from last 4 month's. I have itching also only from last four months. Mostly on my hands, thys fingers. Even my hand palms I can visualazie redness of blood.
Does protein rich foods help in losing weight faster? Are there any side effects consuming hugh protein and low carb food kindly suggest.
I am 60 years old. I have no Sugar and Blood Pressure. For a recent days I feel my hearing capacity appears to be low. What are the remedial steps to regain normal hearing capacity.
I can not remember things for long, sometimes I am depressed and sometime anxious, what should I do?
Are you tired of your acne problems? Does your skin itch and irritate a lot? Are you afraid to try medicines for them? Have you tried and tested all possible solutions and are close to giving up? Ayurveda is the solution to all your acne problems. With its naturally occurring solution, Ayurveda can cure you of your acne problems and leave you with clear skin in a matter of time. It reacts quickly and effectively onto your skin, removing all previous traces of acne.
Here are some ways in which Ayurveda can help you get a flawless skin.
- Tulsi paste: Tulsi has numerous medicinal properties. Apart from curing your sore throat, it can also give you a glowing skin. All you need to do is make a paste of tulsi and warm water. Apply this mask on your affected region at least four to five times a week. Within a month, you can see the changes for yourself.
- Honey and lemon paste: Make a mixture of honey and lemon juice. Apply it on the areas of your skin which are affected by pimples. Make sure you do not apply it on the areas which have sore pimples. This would result in the pimples to burn and cause discomfort to you. The paste can be applied five to six times a week and the effects can be seen within a fortnight itself.
- Neem paste: Neem paste is often used as a core ingredient in many face washes. This is because of its basic properties of soothing the skin and healing it from within. Fresh neem paste can be used once a day to wash your face. It removes all the dirt and opens blocked pores caused by pimples.
- Mint leaves: Make a paste of fresh mint leaves. Apply it on the affected part of your skin. Let it dry and then rinse it off. Mint leaves have a cooling effect, which would reduce the burning sensation. It is also very effective in removing pimple marks from your skin.
- Raw papaya: The sticky liquid which is often given out by papayas is a natural medicine for curing pimples on the face. Though the feeling is sticky and slimy, regular use of this substance can help you cure all your pimples and acne problems.
These are some of the widely used natural and Ayurvedic ways to deal with your skin problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.