Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Virudhunagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sakthe Murukan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sakthe MurukanYour feedback matters!
I got some red color spots on my tongue. Very painful and burning. I am unable to talk and eat. I think the reason for that is bubble gum. That is not suited for me. Please give me good medicines.
A friend of mine who is 19 years old is suffering from bad breath which she thinks comes from her stomach. She also has gas problem and body odor. Pls suggest something so that she feels better and comfortable.
You may think that you need a routine health check-up every 6 months but some patients may require a more frequent check-up depending on person to person.
What happens during a dental check-up?
- check your teeth gums and entire oral cavity
- dentist may ask about your other health problems and the entire history is taken
- x-ray of the teeth may be taken if required
- the dentist will guide you to take proper oral health care habits
- And quit smoking and tobacco
- cleaning of teeth is done and proper brushing technique is explained.
Please suggest What material is used to attach veneers componeer lumineer and others and? How they hold it for so many year?
My son is 2.8 years old. He fell down and broke his front tooth in half. The lower portion has chipped off and his nerve is exposed. Initially he had pain but now it's just when he bites something continuously from that tooth that he has discomfort. He has no other problems and allows me to brush his teeth (leaving the broken one which I clean with my finger). He can drink cold without any discomfort. I consulted a dentist and he has advised a root canal to remove the nerve. This can be done under conscious sedation or GA. But this will leave his tooth brittle and it can break. I request for advise on this and if there is any chance that I can avoid the root canal. Thanking you.
Hi I am 26 years old. I have problem with my teeth. There is unusual gap between my teeth. I want to correct them.
I have been smoking for 3 years. On a daily basis I used smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes. Fortunately I have quit now. It has been 2 months since I quit. I can see a group of very small ulcers adjacent to one another inside my mouth which don't pain and are there from 3 weeks. At the same time I had 4-5 normal mouth ulcers that have healed but these small ones are not healing. So my ques is that is it possible for me to have mouth cancer? Or I already have it? And what's the cure, precaution and remedies?
Dental fluorosis is characterized by white patches on the teeth, caused due to excess fluoride ingestion during enamel formation. This condition is commonly observed in children aged between 3 months to 8 years. It occurs in the early stages of life when teeth are just beginning to form.
What are the causes for dental fluorosis?
Dental fluorosis results from over exposure to fluoride during the early stage of tooth development. Excessive consumption of fluoride causes damage to the enamel cells, which in turn leads to mineralization disorder. The major sources of fluoride are-
- Drinking water that contains high level of fluoride
- Baby food, cookies that contain fluoride
- Certain medications prescribed to children for improving teeth strength, that contain high amount of fluoride
- Toothpastes containing excess amount of fluoride
If the level of fluoride exceeds the recommended range, then your teeth may develop white, yellow or dark brown patches/stains on the surface.
How can dental fluorosis be prevented?
Dental fluorosis is extremely common. With proper preemptive measures and parental guidance, this onset of this condition can be prevented.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when brushing your teeth
- Brushing your teeth several times a day can increase the risk of consuming excessive fluoride. So make sure you don’t end up brushing your teeth more than twice a day.
- Children are advised to brush their teeth under the supervision of an elder. So that the child does not end up swallowing the toothpaste.
- Avoid intake of fluoride supplements, unless prescribed by your doctor. Even if your child is advised to take these supplements, the dosage should not exceed the level that’s been prescribed.
What is the treatment for dental fluorosis?
Although mild dental fluorosis does not always need the patient to undergo treatment, it may affect the back of your teeth and cause discoloration of tooth. In such cases, the doctor can perform the following techniques-
- Tooth whitening- this technique is used to remove unsightly, unpleasant stains and whiten your tooth
- Bonding- the affected tooth is coated with a hard resin which bonds with the enamel
- Veneers- these are custom-made shells which cover your teeth at the front and improve their appearance. Veneers are used in case of severe dental fluorosis.
Dental fluorosis is not a disease. It is a dental condition which can be prevented, and treated if necessary. Follow the above guidelines to avoid fluorosis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!