Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Virudhunagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Gnana Gurusamy GrahamYour feedback matters!
There are foods that stir up our cells and lead to a breakdown tearing apart the keratin, collagen, and elastin to make our skin look perfectly natural and radiant. Conversely, stress, toxic overload and an unhealthy diet, all contribute to lackluster skin and eventually poor physical and mental makeup. So here we bring to you 3 superfoods that will make your skin feel beautiful and healthy with no chemical loaded creams or botox!
1. Mangoes - Many of us will agree to the fact that mango is one of the tastiest fruits around. So it's a cherry on the cake to know that mangoes also act as an excellent anti-ageing food. They are high on vitamin c content as well as beta-carotene, which gets converted to vitamin a. This duo of vitamins works quite effectively to produce anti-ageing cells and thus keeps our skin revitalized. Mangoes pace up the cell regeneration process wherein old skin cells get replaced by the new cells, making our complexion look youthful.
2. Spinach - This green leafy vegetable is high in nutrients and also contains antioxidants. Besides, spinach is also a good source of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin b, c, and e as well as omega-3 fatty acids which help keep our skin healthy and radiant.
3. Munch on walnuts - Vitamin e is a strong antioxidant, which strengthens our immune system, guards our cell membranes and produces red blood cells whilst walnuts are an excellent source of this vitamin type. So include just a handful of walnuts in your diet to say hello to the naturally glowing skin.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Oily skin results from overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum, which can clog pores of the skin. Clogged pores result in inflammation on the skin, thus causing breakouts. Oily skin can also appear shiny and dirty as oil tends to attract dirt. Oily skin also makes you prone to white heads, black heads and pimples. Open pores is another concern that people with oily skin have. These open pores can look disfiguring on the skin and lead to acne flare ups. You should focus on keeping your skin clean to prevent breakouts. It is recommended to undergo facials to keep your skin healthy and refreshed, and thus reduce oiliness on the skin.
Ways to control oil
- Facials help in renewing dead skin cells and improving blood circulation on the skin. This also helps in getting rid of the waste from under your skin to remove the puffiness. With this process, the pores are cleaned effectively so that there is no buildup of impurities. Any cleansing treatment for oily skin should also focus on controlling the oil so that the skin remains oil free for a long time period.
- You can also use a facial that uses botanical extracts such as burdock roots, kudzu and chamomile flower. These ingredients help in controlling and normalizing oil production and help to remove dirt and impurities from your skin effectively.
- If you have a skin that is acne prone, then you need to adopt a slightly different approach. Use a cleanser made from tea to soothe any inflammation on the skin. The toner should contain salicylic acid because of its anti-inflammatory properties that help in regulating oil production.
- Use a mask that is made out of sea mud to clean your pores efficiently. This mud absorbs extra oil and also prevents further breakouts. You may also use a mask that consists of buttermilk and synergistic tea blend to cool your skin.
Oily skin requires moisturizing, just like any other skin type. In this regard, make sure the moisturizers you use are mostly water based and oil free. The moisturizers should contain zinc oxide as it protects your skin and also reduces the redness of your skin that results from acne problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.