Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Virudhunagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gnana Gurusamy Graham
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Gnana Gurusamy GrahamYour feedback matters!
Hi. I have a problem with warts around my neck. Some are big and most of them are smaller ones. I want to get rid of them at one go. Using wartosin types takes longer time and also need to use it for 2 3 at a time. Can tou suggest any laser technique that can be used here? Pls advise and also approx expenses for the treatment.
I have many skin problem pigmentation discoloration dull skin my forehead was very dark I want to improve my skin tone. I want fair skin tone. I have also acne pimple redness uneven skin tone.
Hi, I recently moved to new area & because of bore water, my face has become dark n hair issue also started. Please suggest some way as I can't change to new area now.
Are your dark knees and elbows bothering you from being fashionable and exploring yourself? Here comes the solution for the problem. We list out the best Home Remedies to get rid of dark knees and elbows. Most often Home Remedies are preferred as they are low cost techniques, natural with no side effects.
Major causes for dark knees and elbows are: -
Dead skin accumulation
Exposure to friction
Changes in Hormone levels
How to get rid of dark knees and elbows:
Wet your skin and use soap or a cleanser to remove the dirt. Then scrub gently to exfoliate and retain the glow. Use scrubs such as rice bran, oats, almond, salt mixed with water or milk. Massage for about 5 – 10 minutes and wash the skin. Then use a moisturizer to hydrate your skin leaving it smooth and soft. Best natural moisturizing agents are aloevera gel, almond oil, seaweed paste. Later evenly apply sun screen lotion through out the skin. Use skin whitening and bleaching agents to get a lighter skin tone.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Knees and Elbows:
Ingredients: Aloevera, Honey
How to use: The best homemade remedy used for years now. Prepare fresh aloevera juice and add honey to it. Blend well and mask the affected areas with this mixture. After 20 minutes, wash with water. This is the best mixture that rejuvenates the skin giving a healthy and fresh look.
Ingredients: Gram Flour, Milk
How to use: Make a paste using gram flour and milk. Apply gently and massage for 15 minutes. Allow it to dry and wash off with water. Gram flour acts as a scrub in removing dead skin cells.
Ingredients: Almond, Milk
How to use: Make a paste using almond and milk. Use this oil mix every day for best results. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, Helps in eliminating toxins from your body.
How to use: Take cucumber, cut into pieces and mash it. Apply and leave this paste for about 10-15 minutes then wash it off. A perfect remedy to boost your skin tone.
Ingredients: Orange Peel, Honey
How to use: Take dried orange peel and grind it into powder. Add honey to it and make a fine paste. Massage on the skin in circular motion and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse it off.
Ingredients: Sandalwood Powder, Rose Water
How to use: Sandalwood is an antibiotic and acts as a cleanser. Make a paste using sandalwood powder and rose water in required proportions. Apply on skin, allow it to dry and rinse it off.
How to use: Milk is widely used as a skin bleacher. With cotton dipped in milk, rub gently and evenly on the skin. Wash with warm water after 15 minutes.
Ingredients: Lemon juice
How to use: For many years lemon juice is used as a bleaching agent. It is rich in vitamin C and citric acid. Daily rub lemon juice to your knees and elbows and wash it with warm water.
How to use: Potato used as an ideal tan removing agent. Used widely as a bleach to skin. Peel the potato skin and grate it. Make it into a paste by adding rose water. Apply to face and wash it after 20 minutes.
There is an old saying “Prevention is better than cure”. Below mentioned are simple techniques to prevent dark knees and elbows.
Scrub: The act of Scrubbing is called exfoliation. Scrubbing removes dead skin and dirt that darkens skin. Too much scrubbing results in dry and damaged skin. Use gentle and mild scrubbing agents.
Sunscreen lotion: Before sun or water exposures apply sunscreen lotion. Long-term exposure to ultraviolet rays damages the skin and results in premature aging of the skin. Whenever it is too sunny apply sun screen lotion for every 3 hours. Try to wear full sleeves and full pants to cover yourself from damage. Ensure that your Sunscreen lotion contains SPF (Sun Protection Factor) or higher than that.
Healthy diet: Eating right food at right time is the best mantra for a perfect skin. Ensure your diet is having many fruits and vegetables with adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Healthy diet helps skin to glow.
Water: Apart from using moisturizing and hydrating agents, it’s good to hydrate skin from inside. Have loads of water daily to keep your skin healthy and fit.
Minimize usage of deodorants/perfumes
Feeling acidic after eating a heavy meal can often make you regret those last few morsels. This acidic sensation is known as acid reflux or Gastroesophageal reflux disease, better known as GERD. GERD occurs when the functioning of the lower oesophagus muscles is restricted. This makes the undigested food in the stomach and stomach acids leak back into the oesophagus.
Thankfully, this is not something you have to live with and a few simple lifestyle changes can help resolve the situation.
- Do not lie down after eating: When your body is in a horizontal position, there are higher chances of food being regurgitated into the oesophagus. To avoid this, finish your meals at least 3 hours before going to bed. Sit upright while eating and do not lie down or slouch immediately after eating. This gives the food time to be digested and move out of the stomach.
- Limit your food intake: Overeating is one of the most common triggers of GERD. Cutting down your portion sizes can instantly reduce the number of GERD occurrences. Instead of eating large, heavy meals, shorten the duration between meals and have more frequent small meals.
- Avoid foods that trigger acidity: With time, you will soon realise which types of foods trigger an acidic reaction. Some common triggers are onions, peppermint, caffeine, citrus fruits etc. Keeping a diary can help identify such foods and ease your problem.
- Quit Smoking: Nicotine not only harms your lungs, but can affect your digestive system as well. It is responsible for weakening the muscles that control the opening between the stomach and oesophagus. This allows stomach acids and food from the stomach to re-enter the oesophagus. Alcohol can also worsen GERD symptoms and hence it is better to avoid alcohol is you suffer from frequent bouts of acid reflux.
- Lose weight: Overeating, obesity and acid reflux go hand in hand. Being overweight can put extra pressure on your stomach and abdomen, thus pushing food and gastric juices into the oesophagus. Losing this extra weight should effectively resolve your acid reflux problem if you are overweight.
- Look at your medications: Some types of medication too can cause acid reflux by interfering with the digestive system and irritating the oesophagus. These types of medication include blood pressure medication, asthma medication, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, bisphosphonates, sedatives and painkillers. Do not simply stop taking these medications, but talk to a doctor about replacing them with something else.