Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupuncturists online in Nuzvid. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. K.Syam Prasad
Submit a review for Mr. K.Syam PrasadYour feedback matters!
I give my daughter Real fruit juice and Tropicana fruit juice which are added with preservative. Is it bad for her health as she is 9 month old only?
Sometimes I loose control of myself and get very aggressive. I feel insanely angry and at the same time I've this urge to just shut all the thoughts and not let the situation go out of hands. In this time I tend to do stuff that I regret later or at times instantly. I end up hurting the people I care about the most. Also sometimes it happens and I don't remember any of it. It even the reason for which it happened . Tired of feeling guilty and hopeless in a way for not being able to help it.
I am 20 years old. I am weak and lean since birth. I always take balanced diet but still I am not able to gain weight. My height is 5" 11 and weight is around 62 kgs. What should I do in order to increase my weight?
How to gain weight with in few months with a very best exercise please help me with best Suggestions.
Do you need vitamin supplements? Here's how to find out
Taking vitamin and mineral supplements is increasingly becoming common these days. People generally opt for these supplements to ensure good health as their diets are usually lacking in vitamins due to the pursuit of a hectic lifestyle.
But before you begin consuming vitamin supplements, it's necessary for you to know whether your body actually needs them. According to nutritionists, you should plan your diet appropriately to fulfil your nutritional needs and not depend on vitamin supplements to do so. If your diet includes foods like fruits, green vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, legumes, fish and lean meat, you won't need vitamin supplements.
So, when exactly do you need vitamin supplements?
You might need vitamin supplements in the following cases:
- If you are above the age of 50, you can take vitamin b-12 supplement. Additionally, you may consider eating food items fortified with vitamin b-12, like fortified cereals.
- If your diet does not meet the normal requirement of 1, 600 calories a day, you should consider dietary supplements. Moreover, the diet of people who do not consume red meat usually lacks in zinc and iron, which can be supported by vitamin supplements.
- If you are a woman whose menstrual cycle is associated with heavy bleeding, you might need vitamin supplements.
- If you suffer from a disorder that has a negative impact on the nutrient absorption process of your body, you need to take vitamin supplements. These conditions include chronic diarrhoea, food intolerance, food allergies or any disease related to the liver, pancreas, intestines and gall bladder.
- If your body has difficulty in absorbing and digesting nutrients because of a surgery of the digestive tract.
- If you are a woman who is planning to have a child. Women who want to get pregnant should consume 400 mg folic acid, which can be obtained from dietary supplements or fortified foods.
- If you are pregnant, you should include a prenatal vitamin in your daily diet. This vitamin should contain iron. You may also fulfil this iron requirement by consuming a separate iron supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.