Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Vijayawada and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and backache has pain and I use pain relief of couple of days but no relief what is do.
Dear sir I'm suffered knee pain from two years I'm travel daily 10 kms by bicycle so please choose some medicines and tips also Thanks you.
Helo, my friends right thighs are paining for past 2 days, he didn't go for play or did anything. But why? could yu please tell me why it happens like that?
Does walking worsen joint and muscle pain and does it increase the risk of tendon rupture? A week ago I went to doctor for my loose motions and he prescribed me ofloaxin (200 mg) and ornidazole (500 mg) tablets to be taken two times a day for a week. After a day I noticed mild muscle, knee pain and a loss of sensation in my right leg. I thought permanent nerve damage has been done to my leg. But I was wrong and since yesterday when I finished my dose of antibiotics there is very little pain and that too occur occasionally. So my question is since this antibiotic increases the risk of tendon rupture and cause muscle/joint pain, will it be safe to walk 10-15 kms a day? Or should I wait for few weeks before I start walking such long distances? PS: I love to walk!
Feel twitching in a thigh muscle just above the knee. Multiple times at same site. Only in ine leg. What may the possible reason.
I am 38 years old female, single, feeling tired and sleepy my legs and knees are paining badly. My work is at the computer, what shall I do?
I am suffering from knee pain. What should I do for knee pain. I have been suffering form this pain for 6 months. Sir what should do. please suggest me.
I am 23 and had a severe fall a year back where my left shoulder got hurt. For past few days I am getting terrible pain at the same place as I wake up. Tried using volini pain relief medicines and cold compressions too. But nothing worked out. The pain remains for a week.
Hi Doctor, I am suffereing from last 2 two months, pain at knee joints and anklets of two legs. After walking too much or sitting in a position to long, difficult to strech the legs. While Excerciseing there is slight relief. I am 50 years old and 78 kg. Please advice.
My mri of left knee says there is diffuse patella femoral chondromalacia with full thickness cartilage loss over medial patellar facet and underlying articular irregularity my age is 44 years n I am female my knee hurt after I fell down from staircase I never had any problem before I n undergoing physio I want to know what is the proper line of treatment.
I have loose my skin and fracture in leg because of accident it's not cure for 54 days. What should I do?
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.