Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Vijayawada and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SathishYour feedback matters!
For past few months I am facing problem in my left breast, it pains specially in night. And also there is kind of knot in my breast. Help me.
I am diagnosed with Prostate enlargement. What Ayurvedic medicines are there for Prostate enlargement.
Cervix is the tissue that connects the vagina and the uterus and is an important part of female reproductive system. Cervical cancer like any other form of cancer refers to an abnormal growth of cells on the cervix, one that if undetected at the initial stages, can involve tremendous complications which are often fatal. It is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Some of the visible symptoms of this ailment are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina: Though menstruation is a natural occurrence in a woman's life, often times you can suffer from abnormal bleeding from the vagina, which may precede, succeed or occur between periods. Such abnormal bleeding is symptomatic of cervical cancer and you must visit a doctor immediately.
- Pain in the abdomen: In case you are suffering from cervical cancer, clear signals will be given by your body indicating that. One such signal is a nagging pain in the abdomen or in the pelvis. Though it may appear harmless, you must not treat it lightly and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Excruciating pain during periods: Experiencing pain during periods is a matter of such compliance that it seldom raises any concern. However, in certain cases the pain may be more than what you generally experience. In such a situation, it must not be dismissed entirely rather must be consulted with a doctor.
The most common test is used to diagnose cervical cancer is known as a pap test. In this particular examination, a sample of cells from your cervix will be taken by the doctor for examination. If the inference is reliant on the normal or the abnormal growth of these cells, the latter confirming the onset of the ailment.
In spite of being an extremely lethal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that successfully deal with this problem. Some of them are:
- Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed of treatment to treat cervical cancer is a surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to kill destroy them.
My age is 22 yrs and I am female. My mother had cancer in her right breast in april may of the year 2009. My gynecologist suugested me after seeing the ultrasound report to go for needle test as my mother is having. But I dont want what should I do please tell me by seeing the ultrasound report. I have ultrasond of my breast and report is- my righy breast showsa well defined hypoechoic sol of16x10mm at 11'o' clock in periareolar region of upper outer quadrent and a small subcm cyst at 1'o' clock. There is no e/o ductal ectasia. No e/o puckering or adhesion to overlying skin and soft tissue-underlying muscle plane are also well preserved. Axilla: few subcm axillary lymph nodes with preserved hila noted in right axilla. Impression: high resolution sonography of both breast reveal features s/o fibroadenoma and simple cyst in right breast-adv fnac corelation. Am I having cancer or not wether I should go for needle test please reply me.
My grand father is having difficulty in urination and doctors said he is having enlarged prostate gland. Is this dangerous? Is there a need of surgery?
I have enlarged prostate problem I am also having hair loss for which I consulted a dermatologist. He said that it is normal hair loss and nothing to worry. But I recently read that enlarged prostate can lead to male pattern baldness. So can treatment to both make my hair come back as normal with full density as it was years back? Will this balding occur even if I treat enlarged prostate? Or will the balding stop and the hair lost till now will not come back but there will not be any balding in future? Answer all my questions please.
If you use these three ingredients every day, almost certainly there is no possibility of getting any kind of tumor.
The recipe is as follows:
Mix 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric with half a teaspoon of olive oil. In doing so, add a pinch of higher fresh black pepper. Mix these three ingredients in a cup.
You can consume this mixture as an addition in a variety of dishes, soups and salads. Just make sure that if you use them in cooked dishes, that these ingredients do not cook too much, it is best to add them to the very end.
If you drink them as the recipe states above, mix with a little water.
But what exactly prevents cancer and cancer spread?
All knowledge lies in turmeric. Turmeric is a spice in the form of a yellow powder, which is one of the components of curry.
Its anti-inflammatory abilities are incredibly powerful.
There is no other natural ingredient in the world that is more effective in reducing inflammation in the body.
Recent studies have revealed that turmeric prevents many types of cancer, such as colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, brain cancer.
Turmeric has only one flaw, which is that turmeric is difficult to degrade in the digestive tract.
Therefore, the ideal combination for the treatment and prevention of cancer is turmeric with pepper and ginger.
Pepper, according to research increases the efficiency of turmeric for up to 200 percent. In order to successfully prevent cancer and destroy cancer cells, this mixture should be used every day on many occasions.
Use it as often as it has no side effects.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.