Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Vijayawada and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SathishYour feedback matters!
My left shoulder keeps on paining constantly since last couple of months. If I breath full lung feel the pain more. Please advise.
My mom 37 year old female web to general check up gynecologist while checking my mom noticed a white color patches in the mouth of the uterus Dr. did colposcopy and the result came by seeing that Dr. said that its a infection no cancer symptoms eventhough we need remove that patches by conbiopsy and come for routine check up or hysterectomy can be done I need to know that which method is safe and no problem will occur in future.
My mother is suffering from breast cancer at first stage what is the time limit in which treatment must be completed.
Do homeopathic medicines have any side effect? Also tell me sir which therapy is more effective in treating deadly diseases like cancer?
My husband went fo routine executive check up. And a nodule has been detected with. A nodule in prostrate. But p. S test is normal.
I have been having a small lump under the skin in my back just below my waist on the left side for about an year now. It is small and moves when touched. There is no pain though. I am just concerned that can it be symptoms of cancerous tumor? What type of a doctor should I visit. Your help is highly appreciated.
What are the symptoms of skin cancer? I have a hard round shaped structure in thigh. Is it the sign of a tumor which would be harmful?
My son who is 24 year old and was diagnosised with ewing' s sarcoma of feumar bone and tumor grade iii as per biopsy report and under treatment since may 2014 and 14cycles of chemo. Completed with 25 cycles of radiation and opertaed and tumor removed, implant inserted, and pet scan clear, does he require 3 more chemo. As his oncodoc. Suggesting 3 more cycle of chemo. Hemo. Please advise.
Breast cancer begins when the cells that are present in the breast start to go out of control. These cells generally form a tumor which can be seen on mammogram or one can feel it as a lump. The tumor is threatening if the cells can grow into the tissues that surround it or spread to other areas of the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in ladies. Here are a few methods with which you can prevent breast cancer-
- Keep your weight in check: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for everyone although, it is easy to tune it out since it is said so often. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause.
- Be physically active: Women who are physically active for almost or at least 30 minutes a day have a lower danger of breast cancer. Normal activity is additionally one of the ideal approaches to keep weight under control.
- Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables and Avoid Too Much Alcohol: A balanced and healthy diet can bring down the danger of breast cancer. Attempt to eat a considerable measure of fruits and vegetables and keep liquor at moderate levels or lower. While moderate drinking can be useful for the heart in most grown-ups, even low levels of intake can build the danger of breast cancer. If you do not drink, don't feel you have to begin. In case you drink modestly, there is less risk.
- Try not to Smoke: Smokers and non-smokers alike know how undesirable smoking is. It brings down a person’s quality of life and expands the danger of heart and lung diseases, stroke, and no less than 15 types of cancer, including breast cancer. It additionally causes bad breath, awful teeth, and wrinkles.
- Breastfeed, If Possible: Breastfeeding for almost one year or more brings down the danger of breast cancer. It additionally has extraordinary medical advantages for the baby as well, especially in terms of immunity.
- Keep away from Birth Control Pills: Contraceptive pills have both dangers and advantages. In many cases, the more young a lady is, the lower the danger is. While ladies are taking birth control pills, they have more chances of falling prey to breast cancer as per various medical studies. This danger leaves rapidly in the wake of stopping the pill. The danger of stroke and heart attack is increased while on the pill, especially if the woman smokes. Long term use can likewise have essential advantages, such as bringing down the danger of ovarian cancer, colon tumor and uterine cancer and undesirable pregnancy. In case you are exceptionally worried about breast cancer, staying away from birth control pills is also an alternative to lower the risk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
Sir, My mother had a colon cancer at Stage 2 and gone thru Radio & Chemo therapy and completed 28 days on 6th Sep-17. From 7th onwards she is having motions normal stool & now from last 4 days she is having watery motions where she does not have any control while passing the same. We have kept the Diapers but still its coming out. We are giving the medicine of REDOTIL 100 mg & becelac forte 1-1-1 from last 7 days. But motions are not getting controlled. Could you pls advice what should we do.?
Sir my father was diagnosed with oral cancer in 2010 for which he went through surgery followed by radiotherapy. Now after 7 years he is dryness in his mouth. So my question is that how to make it go away as we have consulted with doctor and he has given Silva supplement but it does not work very much.
I have swollen lymph nodes under jaw and chin and also have fever and cold I also lost my 1 kg weight my family doctor and ent says it's nothing other than infection please give your opinion thank you.
USG of right breast showing large hypoechoic SOL (22*15 mm) seen at upper quadrant and one small SOL (10*7 mm) seen in lower quardant. Is it breast cancer?
I am 32 year old. I done my semen analysis show 10-15 pus cell. Is this a bacterial prostatitis or non bacterial process. How long should I take antibiotic.
Sir, I am 29 years. I have problem of frequent urination though I didn't drink much excess water. Is it any signs of any abnormalities with prostate?
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.