Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Vijayawada. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sampath Kumar Pothuganti
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Problems
Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Treatment of Blood in Semen
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Impotence
Treatment of Bladder Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Sampath Kumar PothugantiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
age 56 having an issue of bilateral polycystic kidney her critini level is 3.7 and blood urea is 100 what to do..
How to cure GB stone and Kidney stone without medicine? And if its not possible what ayurvedic medicine you suggest?
Hello doctor. I m.suffering from kidney stones which has passed to bladder now. Total 2 stones which are large in size can't be passed through urine. Doctor asked me to eliminate calcium from the diet completely Could you pls suggest what m I supposed to do. My age is 25. How should I deal with dis calcium deficiency n stones problem simultaneously. Thanks n regards.
I am 66 and suffering from urination problem. Can not urinate with speed. If I try to give speed it is stopped more. So I have to urinate at ease and it takes time to clear the stock. This is for about 5 years. How should I get rid of this problem?
Colorectal cancer is one of the rarer forms of cancers which can be treated by a combination of surgery, medication, radiation and chemotherapy. The treatment plan is decided by the doctor keeping in mind the stage of cancer.
Here is a list of surgical procedures that are done by oncologists in order to counter colorectal cancer.
- Removing the polyps: This procedure is often carried out when the cancer is diagnosed at an early stage. To qualify for this procedure, cancer must not spread to other parts of the body other than a polyp. A doctor performs a colonoscopy in order to remove the polyp.
- Endoscopic mucosal resection: If cancer has attacked one of the larger polyps, the doctor takes out a part of the colon to ensure that cancer does not spread. This procedure is known as endoscopic mucosal resection.
- Minimally invasive surgery: If the polyps are too large for a colonoscopy, an oncologist might go for a laparoscopic surgery. This is a procedure wherein many incisions are made along the wall of the abdomen, with cameras, to give the surgeon a good view of cancer. The surgeon then takes out a sample from the lymph node for further investigation.
- Partial colectomy: This is a procedure wherein the surgeon removes a part of the colon containing cancer. Apart from this, some normal tissues are extracted from either side. The surgeon then reconnects the healthy portion of the rectum and the colon in order to avoid any complication.
- Colostomy: In case a surgeon fails to reconnect to the healthy portion of the rectum and the colon, he/she often goes for a procedure known as a temporary or permanent colostomy. This is a procedure in which a small passage is created for the waste to get eliminated from the body.
- Chemotherapy: For cancers which have advanced to a higher stage, chemotherapy is tried by most doctors. The idea is to shrink the size of cancer before it can be operated. Depending on the severity of cancer, the dosage is decided.
- Radiation therapy: As the name suggests, this is a process wherein powerful radiation sources are used to kill the cancer cells. They can shrink the size of cancer affected area. Radiation, however, is hardly used for stage 1 cancers.
- Drug therapy: Targeted drugs are prescribed to patients who are suffering from advanced stages of colon or rectum cancers. These drugs are often prescribed for patients who are going through a dosage of chemotherapy. Some of the common drugs in this category include panitumumab, ziv-aflibercept, bevacizumab. Apart from this medication, palliative care is also suggested to get relief from pain.
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
There are some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda:
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.