Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Vijayawada. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. S. Ashok BabuYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was a chainsmoker! Two months back I met with an accident. Doctors reported descending thoracic aortic pseudoaneurysm due road traffic accident. Doctors performed stent grafting. Now I smoke 3 per day! I am trying to quit smoking! Does smoking affect stent immediately?
My daughter has been taking fluoxetine 40 mg for about 18 months. She was having depression but is much better now. When should we stop the medication?
I am 48 married to person with schizophrenia for the past 20 years. Handling my daughter difficult though she knows his problems she argues with me. I am suffering handling a pshciatric husband and daughter. Help me. My daughter is going to complete 19 years this December.
Hi. I've asked other questions on here before, but this one is a bit different. Since I was about 7 or 8 years old until now at 21, I've always had these imaginary world's in my head. The story lines are based on me, and how I'd like my real life to be. I create these world's when I'm bored, sad, mad, happy, anxious. Even when things are going good in my life, I create these worlds. Sometimes neglecting to go out with friends and interact with others because I lay for hours day dreaming. Some say it's not a problem, for me it us. I'm a Christian, and these day dreams are often all I can think about, which means I'm putting it before GOD. It's hard for me to focus on GOD or anything sometimes because my life has been wrapped up in these day dreams. There were times the day dreams stopped for days, even weeks, at a time, but they always seem to find their way back and consume my mind. Although never diagnosed, I have many symptoms of anxiety, ocd and depression (runs in my family). Also, the world (the actual world) seems fake, I feel fake and unreal. Almost as if I'm a zombie, watching the world from a glass, although I'm actually here. I feel like there's a blind fold over my mind (not literally) Even looking in a mirror, I get this weird, unexplainable feeling. Sometimes I shortly snap out of it and realize I'm real and reality kicks in, but that never seems to last for long. I can't tell if I'm having mental or spiritual problems, and I really want help. Thanks.
I have been experiencing some pain in my legs from the last one year. I feel constant pain all over my body and feel drained of energy. I don't feel any appetite.
I am 39 years old. I have too much of work stress. Due to which I feel tightness in my chest and heavy brain. How to reduce my stress?
I last somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
Someone has broken my trust. So I was In deep depression but slowly I am getting out of it. But I am not able to trust that person again but he is someone very close n promised me n want me to trust again. Whatever happened I am not able to come out of it and get bad dreams and also I tend to get nervous very soon. Whenever I get some bad dream so just wanted to know that whether I am mentally alright? or in depression or anything else. Now I am running after him so what shud I do?
Doctor. I am now undergoing a breakup. 2 days ago my boyfrnd left me alone. I was with him for last 6 yrs. I can' t imagine a life without him. And am really deppressed now. I am mentally dead now. Please help me to undergo this period.
I am 18 years old and my body is very tired all time and my head was pain very. And my body is pain very very.
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.