Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Vijayawada and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kolavennu Amrutkumar Chand
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Kolavennu Amrutkumar ChandYour feedback matters!
Menstrual cycles are a part and parcel of a woman’s life. Every woman knows the reasons behind these cycles and what to do during this time. But there are many other facets that are unknown to most women. This article highlights five important aspects of your menstrual cycle which you were probably not aware of till now.
- Cycles do not protect women from pregnancy: For ages, it has been pointed out that a woman cannot get pregnant during the menstruation period. This is nothing, but a sheer myth. To be precise, these cycles occur only when an egg is released from the ovary. Thus, intercourse during this time would actually increase the chances of getting pregnant rather than reduce it. Male sperms can survive for up to three days in the female body and having intercourse when the female egg is released would allow for the fertilisation of the egg and the sperm, thereby making the woman pregnant.
- False periods: Many times, you take contraceptive pills in order to make sure that you do not get pregnant. The process of contraception works in a manner that prevents the body from releasing an egg. This means that the process of ovulation is prevented for the month. But the lining of the uterus, which is formed due to layers of blood, cannot be prevented by the contraceptives. Hence, even though no ovulation occurs, one still gets their cycles as the uterus lining discharges itself.
- Iron deficiency: Menstrual cycles cause loss of significant amount of blood from the body. This leads to the loss of iron from the body as blood is a rich source of iron. Especially, for women who suffer from any form of anaemia, it is in their best interest to take iron supplements.
- Insomia is of concern: Sleepless nights and insomnia is a matter of concern during your menstrual cycles. Sleep is brought about by progesterone. But lack of sleep would mean that the level of progesterone is low in the body. It is a sign that these levels need to be checked by a medical practitioner. Sleeplessness can trigger additional problems related to menstrual cycles, including heavy bleeding.
- Check oestrogen levels: High oestrogen levels could result to severe back pain and heavy bleeding during your cycles. This is an indication that the hormone level is high and needs to be controlled.
Thus, these are some of the interesting facts that you need to know about your menstrual cycles. None of them are really threatening and can be controlled via medicines or supplements under medical supervision.
My face color is growing dark day by day. How to fare my skin. And my both hand have tanning by sun. please help.
Sir, I am 69 year old female. One tumor in my large intestine was treated through radiology in 2010 to cure the frequent bowl and mucus movement, atleast 15-20 times a day. After the treatment almost 2 years bowl movement was normal. Now again it started and no control over it. I fed up of it and allopathy, aurvedic and home, every medicine tried. Gas and mucus always coming out of rectum. No other difficulty is there, no pain, no hitching etc. Can you please Advise me medicine to control the generation of mucus and gas in my intestine. I think these 2 are the only problem for me. Still I am a working lady and the motion problem irritated me a lot in office. I don't want a radio or kemo, only intake of medicine is my choice. Please Help me.
Dear Doctor, I am facing a new problem from last 3 months. My problem is bed smell in my mouth and of course a mouth ulcers are there inside my mouth. I brush my teeth twice daily and also use liquid mouth wash. But the problem remain same. I am facing a lot of problems when talking to others. An complex is working always inside me which is lacking my confidence. Pls suggest me a remedy so that I can get rid of this problem. And also adding an additional information about me that I am an 100'/, non alcoholic and non smoking person.
My weight is not gain, what is constant in past few, years beginning. So plzzz give some idea or guidance to me to increase my weight .
We are living with a TICKING TIME-BOMB: Several bacteria are becoming resistant to major antibiotics, which means that soon a simple wound may kill us. All living beings have an inherent quality to adapt. Bacteria and Viruses are not excluded from this. They have developed resistance against many antibiotics and form a major challenge for medical science.
In 2008, the International Journal of Cancer published a paper showing an increased risk of cancer proportional to antibiotic use in people. They found that in people who have taken 2-5 prescriptions of antibiotics, their risk of cancer was increased by 27%, and greater than 6 prescriptions led to an increased risk of 37%. An earlier study (2004) showed that antibiotic use was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. For those taking antibiotics for more than 500 cumulative days, the risk of breast cancer doubled.
Over 100 leading integrative medicine specialists in the U.S. urgently called for a new strategy to confront the very dangerous challenges of the post-antibiotic era... including adding homeopathy as an adjunct therapy.
The Father of Immunology and winner of the Nobel Prize in medicine: Dr. Emil Adolf von Behring - discovered in the 1890s, during extensive experimentation, that homeopathic remedies produced enhanced immunogenic activity. Homeopathy is extremely safe, holistic and very effective.
Their conclusions: Patient survival was statistically significantly higher in the homeopathy group than in the placebo group.
As current research and epidemiological evidence show: Though homeopathy is not a money maker for the pharmaceutical industry, it is a safe and effective treatment option for infectious diseases, with no potential to create drug-resistant germs. In a nutshell, Homeopathy is needed to save humanity. Homeopathy is gentle and cost effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.