Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Vijayawada and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. K Ashok KumarYour feedback matters!
I went to the doctor several times regarding several ailments and I am completely satisfied with his treatment. He treats with care and had good knowledge of the work he is doing which i know because he explains about my condition in detail when asked. When approached with a problem he does not deal with he gives good references. I would definitely recommend him to any one I know.
I am 22 years old women. I have black heads in my nose. Can you please suggest any medicine for that.
I am 21, male. I have this dry skin on my face for past couple of months, I have changed the soap, face wash to get rid of that but nothing helped. What should I have to do now?
Dermadew glow cream, please suggest me it's a Auryved cream, in Medical shop will it available or not please let me know.
Hi, I am 27 year old boy. I was very fare till the age of 20 but since last 7 year I have noticed that my complexion is Wheaties now. What should I do gain my fair complexion back?
My age is 47 years and I have black patches on face, which looks bad. I think this is because of hormonal imbalance. It has started from past one year. Please suggest how this black patches can be reduced.
Helo sir ,i m gaurav nd I have genetic dark circle. I used many creams but no benefit I got .could you please tell me that is it possible to remove them.
Good evening sir my qus is. How to remove black dark below on eys actually when I am sleeping than automatically come black dark on my face.
So I got a few scratch marks on my hand during a judo fight. What's the right treatment laser, derma roller?
Blemish free skin, which is supple and radiant is everyone’s dream, however, there are certain lifestyle habits which can take a toll on your skin and affect it adversely.
Here are a few lifestyle habits which affect your skin:
Smoking can speed up the process of aging: Smoking can affect your skin adversely as it strips your skin of essential nutrients and oxidants. This leads to degradation of the basic units of the skin- collagen and elastin. The affected units also lead to uneven skin, appearance of fine lines and sagging. A study has also proven that smoking causes acne as the pores in your skin get blocked.
Stress: Stress has the power to cause major hormonal imbalances inside your body, which can affect your skin. Stress affects the skin’s barrier function which reduces its ability to absorb and retain moisture. Dehydrated skin looks dry and patchy and becomes flaky over time, leading to acne.
Sleep: Sleeping for less than 6 hours at night can make you feel sleepy and tired the next day. Your skin also deals with the lack of rest which is why the radiance is lost and can lead to problems such as under eye bags, dark circles and saggy skin.
- Poor nutrition: Poor nutrition which lacks in essential vitamins and minerals can cause serious problems in the skin. Including foods which are rich in vitamin C such as fruits lime, oranges and tomatoes and fatty fishes such as tuna, mackerel and salmons can help you retain radiant skin. Adding colourful fruits and vegetables to your diet will help you detoxify your skin and get acne free and supple skin.
Not applying sunscreen: Your job might require you to stay outdoors for long, which exposes your skin to the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays of the sun and dust particles. In such conditions, using sunscreens with SPF (Sun protection factor) 30 or above is a necessity as otherwise, the rays can penetrate into your skin, weaken the collagen cells and lead to pigmentation and tanning in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
People who have been using different kinds of skin care products have got a lot of misconceptions. Those misconceptions need to be removed otherwise you will never be able to choose the right skin care cosmetics for yourself.
6 top misconceptions about skin-care products
- Costly products are the best: There are many fellows who think that if the skin care products are costly, then they must be equipped with greater effectiveness. In fact, this is one of the leading reasons that most people are currently choosing only costly products without knowing that it can be one of the business strategies of the popular brands.
- Latest products are effective: Currently invented products are always good and this is quite an age-old conception, but this is not true at all. But nobody tries to understand the reality and rather goes by the trend in order to prove the myth to be true. As per the researchers, it has been found that there are many traditional products that are pretty good than the modern ones. But the young generation is not ready to accept this fact, and this is the reason they are suffering like anything.
- Younger look can be assured by creams: Only application of a fairness cream can give a fair complexion is a very wrong conception. Ageing effects can be definitely reduced to a great extent, but cannot be eliminated at all and this is a hardcore fact, whether you accept it or not. On the other hand, you have to choose only selective creams having vitamin-c serums, hydroxyl acids and others.
- Cosmetic companies make intricate researches: Though all reputed cosmetic companies say that they conduct researches intricately for making the creams more improved, but have you ever tried to know the reality? Nice packaging and great fragrance do not mean that the products are the outcome of deep researches.
- Organic creams are safe: Creams having natural ingredients are definitely safe, but how will you come to know that the mentioned ingredients have been added or not? If natural ingredients are good for skin, then you can try the homemade recipes. Hence, why purchase readymade creams having the same ingredients? The answers are still quite controversial and thus, people are pretty confused in taking their decisions.
- Cream is the easiest option: Even if creams are having all the necessary ingredients needed for skin health, still they neither compete nor can take the place of healthy foods in reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hi My skin there was black dots and also my back was pain from last 2 weeks so I want good solution.
How to get white skin on face permanently? Please give the cream name. Face wash and soap and foods to eat for glowing skin.
How to get ride from dark marks of face I lost my confidence how to solve this problem how to get back my personality.
The complexion of a person is determined by a pigment known as melanin. More the amount of melanin in a person, darker the complexion. The benefit of melanin is effective sun protection, and it prevents damage from sun exposure.
We have noticed people with dark (brown/black) spots that are darker than the surroundings skin. Commonly affected areas are the face, neck, hands, back, etc. These are melanin concentrated areas and become more visible in fair complexioned people. They are caused due to overproduction of melanin by the melanocytes, which are responsible for the production of melanin.
Now, what causes freckles is not clearly established, though the following are proposed.
- Exposure to sunlight: The cells responsible for melanin production absorb the sun and therefore produce excessive melanin. This is a natural defence mechanism of the skin.
- Ethnicity: Races with white skin are more likely to have freckles than races with darker skin.
- Weather: Some people tend to have freckles only in the summer with fairly clear skin during the winter.
- Genetics: If your parents or siblings have freckles, the chances of you having it are quite high.
- Tanning: Whether by natural means of greater exposure to the sun or artificially done if the salon, increases the chances of developing freckles.
Treatment: There are rumours stating that freckles are “angel kisses,” and “good night charms” and should not be removed as it would bring bad fortune. This is, however, not true and for purely cosmetic reasons, they need to be removed. The commonly affected age group (<30) also is cosmetically sensitive, and therefore the need to treat these.
Prevention is the best and the first solution. Whether by race, heredity, or lifestyle, if you are prone to develop freckles, ensure you are taking the necessary steps to avoid getting freckles in the first place. Avoid sun exposure without sun protection, avoid tanning, and you will be surprised how you can actually prevent freckles. Watch out for weather changes and avoid sun exposure. Reducing the amount of sun exposure can also help in keeping the freckles light, thereby not making too much of a cosmetic concern.
If prevention is not possible, some of the effective treatment measures include:
- Topical creams: These contain bleaching agents like Retin-A. One disadvantage though is that it acts on the entire skin and not just the freckles.
- Laser: A beam of the laser is used to get rid of the unwanted melanocytes which produce melanin. It also improves skin tone and colour.
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the melanin-producing cells, thereby removing freckles.
After treating freckles, preventing freckle formation with limiting sun exposure and sun protection is extremely essential.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!