Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Vijayawada. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Goutham Meher
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Goutham MeherYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. I'm 53 yrs, a diabetic from last 7 yrs. Of late my sugar levels have been constantly on rise. At present, My fasting sugar is 177 and hba1c is 8.9. I am taking tab pricheck m2 in morning and pricheckm2 M1 in the evening. Pl suggest how can I reduce my sugar levels?
Sir uric acid is 11 ESR 23 lipid profile chest. 250 LDL 166.8 VLDL clolst. 43.9 triglycerides 233.8 HDL ratio 6.33 LDL 4.22 creatine 1.70 uric acid 11.2 please help. febuget 40 iss fine for uric acid of 80 or some other medicines.
Your nourishment decisions matter a great deal when you have diabetes. Some are superior to anything others. Nothing is totally beyond reach. Indeed, even things that you may consider as 'the most exceedingly bad' could be periodic treats, in minor sums. Yet, they won't help you nutrition wise and it's least demanding to deal with your diabetes on the off chance that you for the most part adhere to the 'best' choices.
1. Dark chocolate: Chocolate happens to be rich in flavonoids and examination demonstrates that these supplements lessen insulin resistance, enhance insulin affectability and gruff yearnings. Be that as it may, not all chocolate is made equivalent. In a recent report from the Copenhagen University, individuals who ate dim chocolate made the report that they had the feeling more or less like eating some sweets and salty, or greasy foods contrasted with volunteers given milk chocolate, with its lower levels of useful flavonoids (and, regularly, more sugar and fat, as well).
2. Broccoli: Broccoli is hostile to diabetes. Likewise with different cruciferous veggies, similar to cauliflower and kale, it has one compound that is called as sulforaphane, which triggers a few calming forms that enhance blood sugar control and shield blood vessels from the cardiovascular harm that is regularly a result of diabetes.
3. Blueberries: Blueberries truly standout, they have both fiber that is insoluble (that 'flushes' out fat of the framework you have) and solvent fiber (which backs off the purging of your stomach and enhances blood sugar control).
4. Oats: You may not consider oatmeal a superfood, but rather it can lessen the danger of creating sort 2 diabetes. Oatmeal contains high measures of magnesium, which helps the body use glucose and discharge insulin appropriately. An eight-year trial demonstrated a 19 percent decrease in sort 2 diabetes' danger in ladies with a magnesium-rich diet, and a 31 percent decreased danger in ladies who consistently ate entire grains.
5. Fish: Fish is a thinning star, rich in protein, it will keep you fulfilled; additionally, it contains an extraordinary kind of fat that cools inflammation. Thousands of studies demonstrate that individuals with the most astounding blood levels of omega-3 unsaturated fats have less extensive inflammation, the very inflammation that prompts and compounds diabetes and weight issues.
I am 69 years old suffering with diabetes since 1993. Also bp on medication-junivia 100 once a day +diamicron xr mex500 bd+amlovas 5 /50 once a day. Sugar keep less than 200 both fbs pps. Advise on diet. Take no sugar in tea but keep rating sweet dish or toffe.
My Father in law is diabetic for last 28 years. He is following this diet but sugar level is not decreasing despite insulin and medicines. Morning 2 parathas and nutralite butter with a mug of sugar free tea. By 12 he takes a mug of full cream milk By 2 pm he takes 3 roti with ghee along with sabzi and Dal By 5 pm he takes a cup of sugar free tea with biscuits By 9 pm he takes 2 roti (without ghee) with Dal / sabzi. By 10.30 pm he takes a cup of full cream warm milk. Is his diet ok or do we need to cut down anything?
Hi, I am 23years old male, I wanted to ask how should I know that I am taking excess carbohydrates and sugar, my urinations are very frequent (about 1nce in 2hrs) and I sweat a lot too! my. Height is 5'11 nd weight is about 79-82! pls suggest Thanks.
I am 33 years old and suffering from diabetes and very lean and thin. How can I improve my health quickly and become fat.
Hi, I am 32 years old. I got my uric acid tested and the result is 6.8mg/dl. Can you please suggest if this is okay? Else what should I do to lower this.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder characterized by Hyperglycemia (elevated blood glucose level) due to either reduced production of insulin or the inability of the body to utilize the insulin produced. Today management of diabetes has become a prime concern. Over the winter months, diabetic patients are likely to suffer from higher blood glucose levels than during the warmer months. As the temperature drops and the sugar levels up, thus, diabetic patients should be extra careful about the temperature fluctuations or seasonal changes.The cold weather makes diabetics experience many health problems, besides creating a major change in their sugar levels.
Following are the most harmful effects that diabetic patients may suffer from during the cold weather
- Change in hemoglobin level: There is a great change in their glycated hemoglobin levels. Whatever the type of diabetes an individual has, the freezing temperature can increase the level of HbA1c or glycated hemoglobin. This is most likely because of decreased physical activity. Cold weather makes it difficult for some people to go out. A little activity each day can help with insulin sensitivity (in all types of diabetes) which can help the body to regulate sugar level in a better way.
- Prone to diseases: Since the immune system is also not at its best strength in winters, there are increased incidences of microbial infections like cold and flu or in some cases pneumonia. As a result, the body produces counterregulatory hormones (Cortisol, Adrenaline, and Glucagon) to counteract the situation. These hormones affect the utilization of insulin by the body thereby elevating the blood glucose level. Also, conditions like flu and cold tend to make them feel lethargic and stress and can prevent them from taking the diet, which is required, which eventually can lead to an increase in the blood sugar level.
- Winter blues: It is often seen that people feel low during winters, as they tend to go out less and prefer to stay indoors. Less outdoor activity during winters can sometimes trigger mood swings or in some cases depression, which in turn can shoot up the level of blood sugar in their body. Thus it is advisable that one should spend more time with friends and family, in order to keep these blues at bay.
- Other problems: Most diabetic people are unaware of their nerve functions, and are unable to feel the difference between the cold and hot water, which can lead to burn injury. Also, during the winter season, most diabetic patients tend to lose feeling in their toes and feet due to vascular changes. Therefore, it is advisable that people should check their feet frequently, so as to ensure that there is no open wound or pressure area in their feet. One must take very good care of their feet, keep them moisturized, inner fingers clean and dry, prevent any type of fungal growth in toes, etc. By taking required preventive measures before the onset of winters diabetic patients can control their blood sugar level, which enables them to stay away from associated problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!