Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Counselling And Stress Management
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rama Krishna Rayavarapu to be practical, sensible and well-reasoned. Thank you for the kind advice... Subbarao A
Dr. Rama Krishna Rayavarapu provides answers that are inspiring. Thanks Doctor. I will remember your words.
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments, which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
- Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
- Frequent health care visits
- Fear of physical activity damaging your body
- Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
Causes: As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
- Genetic and biological factors: These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
- Environment you grew up in: Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
- Problems processing emotions: When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Treatment: Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
- Medications: Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
People consider Phobia as fear. In all the feelings, fear is playing the most place in our life from childhood to old age. The feeling of fear may disturb the entire life situations. Fear means at one or two situations only. When the situation is gone, then we get normal with the fear. Fear has reasons, but with Phobia there is no reason. Phobia means unknown and unexplainable and unable to convince others. But it suffers much more than normal fear. Phobias are like anthrophobia, thenatophobia, hydrophobia, nyctophobia,clustrophobia, pathophobia etc. Some body cannot recognize themselves as they have psychological disorder. Recently people have awareness on psychological aspects. Recently they come with the help of psychologist. It seems to be simple but sometimes it disturbs total life situations in a critical time moment. When we are not taking one decision in one movement of life. Sometimes, it may effect all the total life situations because of internal frustration and tension sometimes we loss some beautiful movements of our life. After realising some of the moments later in life, some times it cannot come back. So please come out of our internal unknown fears like phobia. There are some methods to come from this complex problem.
1. Psychological counselling
2. Relaxation method
4. Disensitization technique
.5. Family counselling
6. Life style management
7. Personality development
8. Music therapy
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
If oral sex of man with HIV woman's vagina (with man's mouth) happens. Then what will happen? Will this man can get HIV aids? Pls. Give details.
I don't know what happen with me. My mind can't work properly .I can't feel. Normally. i am addicted to smoking also
Can I know. What exactly reason of getting AIDS or HIV. Example. If I had sex with aids or hiv negative more than 6 girls without condom is it possible to get hiv or aids Or if girl having sex with other boys and same time if I have sex with her what problems should face. Am totally confused about this. One of my frnd told me. If you have 10 more girls with negative disease you dint get any hiv or aids. Is it right pls advise.
Hi I am 20 years old and I am gay I had moment with one guy and I think that he is hiv/aids positive I am really not sure about this but I am not feeling good I have searched on internet about hiv/aids and there symptoms but I do not think that there is anything common symptoms in me but still I am very much scared I have showed to me family doctor and I have also did blood tests of hiv/aids and my urine but my doctor said there is nothing all ohk but still I do not know I am to much scared I think everyday about this my doctor said because of to much thinking I am feeling low so can you please say something or can you suggest something so that I will feel good ASAP please.
In sex with a HIV +ve girl if the man take out penis before discharge sperm of the girl. And the man. So is it possible, the man also got HIV. Please explain your advice why and how.?
My boyfriend is born Intersex by birth (male and female both) He has the genitals of a Intersex person. (He's not transgender) I'm a normal female and I'm his girlfriend. The problem is that he's struggling with low self esteem. He hates his life because he's a Intersex person. He also suffers from depression and anxiety because of this. He tried committing suicide many years ago and I suspect that he still must be feeling suicidal. I always do my best to keep him happy but nothing works. Please tell me what to do? How should I help him out? I hope he doesn't commit suicide.
Fear is a very crippling feeling , which you might have to go through at various situations of life. You might be scared of heights, darkness, and public speaking, even scared of being lonely. Fear is very difficult to overcome as it can debilitate you and render you useless. Even if you cannot be superhuman, you can at least aim to be someone who can confront his/her fear and render the fear useless. Here are a few tips on how you can confront your fear:
- Breathe: Breathing slowly and deeply actually helps. It calms your nerves and relaxes you. Short and shallow breaths can trigger panic and fear. If you breathe out longer than the time you take to breathe in, your body relaxes immediately. Try it; it actually works the best. Whenever you feel that you are panicking or that you are feeling afraid, take deep breaths. Concentrate on your breathing. Count till 7 when you breathe in and till 11 when you breathe out. You will be surprised to find out how quickly you have calmed down.
- Identify the fear: This is a very important step as you need to figure out why you are scared or afraid. There has to be a specific reason behind every single fear that you have. Try to identify that reason. Delve deep into your memory and try figuring out what exactly evoked the fear. Once you know the reason, you will be able to understand the base of your fear, and you will find it easier to overcome.
- Get ready to be peaceful: If you start feeling anxious, nervous or afraid, breathe in and out. Then think of how you will get positive outcomes from the particular act you are being anxious about. If you have to go into a dark room to get something and you are afraid of darkness, just think how you will be able to get what you desire if only you step into the darkness for a fraction of second. This will help build your confidence and will slowly get you accustomed to moving on with your fear.
- Control what you imagine: If you are afraid of something, whether tangible or not, your imaginations about it will run wild. You might start imagining stuff which are not even real or which might just ingrain your mind and establish the fear on solid ground. Hence it is high time you need to control your imagination. Imagination is a very unique gift if you want to create something beautiful, which will help encourage you. But if you start imagining how a spider will just grow in size and number, and will fly towards you, then you have to put a lid on it.
Being afraid is common. Even the bravest people are afraid. Don't be embarrassed about that. Just face it and try to let go of it.