Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Vellore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjai Gandhi RYour feedback matters!
Actually I do have skin problem since when I was on class 8th. Firstly when there was an acne in my face I used dettol in my cheeks without any mixture of water. From then my cheeks turns into black patches and having small holes. I do still have a dettol burn cheeks and searching to remove permanently. I want to know the medicines which cure the problem of mine face.
I am having asthma and infantile eczema since childhood until now it was concentrated on my right foot but now the whole face and neck are badly affected with a lot of itching on scalp also Allopathic Dr. gave steroids that increased my blood sugar level now I am not taking any medicine . Want to take ayurvedic medication please help me to get rid of this condition.
Sir I am taking montair lc, deryphylene tab and prospan syrup from last 25 days. But till I am not feeling well. I have breathing problem. Any other better medicine please suggest me. Doctor says I have allergic rhinitis, no asthma.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.