Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Vellore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. K SendanYour feedback matters!
Am 28 n my back is always dark. Tried many but no use. Any dermatologist suggest me good remedy to remove darkness in back neck?
Especially common in children, but not entirely impossible in adults, Atopic Dermatitis is a type of eczema, a chronic condition that causes intensive itching and red rashes in and around areas of dry and sensitive skin. Atopic dermatitis has a tendency to flare and then subside periodically and is often accompanied by hay fever or asthma or other allergies. In more serious cases, clear, fluid-filled blisters are also formed.
Signs and symptoms normally associated with atopic dermatitis may include:
- Itching, which may be severe at nocturnal periods of the day
- Dry or cracked, scaly skin
- Reddish brown patches in almost any area of the body
- Swollen and sensitive skin after scratching
- Small, raised blisters which may leak when scratched
The exact causes of atopic dermatitis are unknown. It can, however, be related to any of the following factors:
- Dry and irritable skin
- Immune system dysfunction
- Gene variations which affect the skin’s barrier function
- Action of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus, on the sensitive areas of skin
- Environmental conditions
If you have Atopic Dermatitis, you are likely to be troubled by the following complications:
- Chronic, itchy skin
- Increased risk of acquiring other skin diseases and viruses, such as the herpes simplex virus
- Asthma and hay fever
- Eye problems such as blepharitis and conjunctivitis
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Sleep disorders
- Irritant hand dermatitis
- Behavioral problems such as attention deficit or hyperactivity disorders
Treatment and drugs:
If the problem still persists even after regular moisturising and other self-care steps, you may have to take medications and prescribe to certain drugs such as:
- Anti-itching and anti-inflammatory creams
- Anti-itching oral drugs
- Anti-inflammatory oral or injected drugs
- Calcineurin inhibitors that repair the skin
- Drugs to fight infection
- Wet dressings therapy
- Light therapy
- Stress treatment therapy
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a dermatologist who can help you with an effective treatment.
My skin is very sensitive to deodorant, it causes itching and making my skin red. What shall I do to get rid of it?
I am a male . I got a habit of masturbate, actually it was when I was suffering from itching problem. Unfortunately , it was near penis area . So by itching , I got little rest with masturbate first . Badly , it turn into habit. From last 7 to 8 years , I am troubling with this problem. I masturbate twice to thrice , a day . As on other part , I being an athlete was unable to keep my physic level up to mark .due to masturbation. Lately, because of this habit , I get caught with number of other things such as thinking of having sex in day . While doing any work. The moment , I see a lady . I just look for reason of masturbating , my brain looks all things which one looks while intercourse . Seriously I am in huge trouble. As of now , because of continuously masturbating my penis releases sperms in no time . It Ejects in merely a minute . Kindly suggest me , How to keep away myself from every thing as it is affecting my physical level.
Hi. Post marriage I feel that my complexion is getting darker. Even people around have noticed that. Can it be blamed on change of water? Whatcan I do for the same.
I was faced an accident before 3 months, now there are so many injuring spots on my body, can you please recommend me a good medicine or lotion for recovery of my injuring spots?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.