Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best ENT Specialists online in Vellore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopi J
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Throat Ache
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Ear Wax Removal Procedures
Treatment of Nose Infection
Treatment of Neck swelling
Submit a review for Dr. Gopi JYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. After eating cold things of refrigerator. And in AC my ear has some problem. Like my ear drum is getting close. My sound is remaining in my ear.
Hi, am feeling lump in my throat ,my ear pops when I swallow, And I notice blood in my stool, am having a little bit chest pain when I lay down, what can be the cause? Thanx in advance.
Hi Doctor, Pain in ear when using phone or on hearing loud sounds. No issue found in CT scan and audio metric test. Can wisdom tooth cause such pain? Are there any other tests that you can recommend me.
My throat is very redness and infected in morning time from 20 days I get many tablets but not relief no solve problem.
I have most throat allergy. Every times I suffering cough problem. please help me how can be normal.
A nosebleed also called epistaxis medically is normally not dangerous, but if you are old nosebleeds come with a number of risks. Treating a bloody nose incorrectly can only make it more dangerous, because of prolonged bleeding. Before we explain the ways to stop nosebleeds, let’s take a look at its causes:
Nosebleeds usually start from just inside the entrance of the nostril. But, why? Because the blood vessels here are quite fragile and are also prone to rupture easily. This is the reason why children suffer from nosebleeds so easily. Other common reasons are
A nosebleed usually lasts for about 10-20 minutes and is usually easy to treat. But in some conditions, this bleeding can be profuse and last longer like in cases of
Bleeding can sometimes also happen in areas further back in the nose due mostly to injuries and disorders of the nose.
Usually, nosebleeds can be stopped using simple first aid.
- Sitting up straight helps, especially along with tipping your head forward. It is vital that you don’t tip your head backwards as this can allow the blood to go down your throat and cause vomiting. And this can make your nosebleed worse. So, take care to spit out the blood in your mouth and not to swallow it.
- To stop a nosebleed, pinch the soft, cartilaginous part of your nose using your thumb and forefinger. Spraying your nose with a medicated nasal spray before pinching it can help the bleeding to stop faster. Apply pressure for 10 minutes to get results. Check if your nosebleed has stopped after 10 minutes if it’s not; apply pressure for another 10 minutes. Nosebleeds usually stop after 10 to 20 minutes of pressure.
- Use an ice pack to your nose and cheeks. This will constrict the blood vessels in the nose and stop the nosebleed.
- Use a saline- or water-based nasal gel inside your nose to stop bleeding.
- Remember not to blow your nose or insert anything into your nose for at least 12 hours after your nosebleed is over.
- If the bleeding doesn’t stop even after 20 minutes of applying direct pressure, it’s prudent to rush to a doctor. He will treat your nose to stop the bleeding.
- In a few rare cases, the bleeding is so severe that a blood transfusion is needed, and surgery may be needed to stop it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.