Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in ranipet. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DeviprasadhYour feedback matters!
My infant son (1 1/2 years old) is not gaining weight. He is very moody when it comes to eating. What should I do?
My grandson has club foot (left) from birth. His affected foot was kept in plaster for three months immediately after birth and some exercises later on. Now he is 12 years old and walk freely unless somebody observe carefully. He can't run freely, as foot is never flat on ground. Is there any treatment by Physiotherapy or other way out? I request for response with clarity for future course.
Hi. My baby is 15 months old and largely depends upon milk. If we give him something solid he spits that out or sometimes puke. Somehow we have managed to give him cerelac once a day. My concern is if this routine is ok or what can I do. Also he has grown his front teeth only.
My son has problem of cough since last 2 yrs. IgE test showing 1436.10 IU/ml. We are taking homoepathy treatment. When the medicines are given, it subsides for few days and then devlops again. Kindly advise.
Mere ghar ek ladki hui hai aur uski aankh(eyes) nahi hai aur uska upar wala hoth nahi hai kya uska ilaj ho sakta hai? Please help me.
My baby is 1 month 15 days old. She is not going for loo 5 days. We are using dulcolex, hallens for every 2 days is it fine. Give me any suggestion.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.
I had 1 month girl baby since born she is not crying and not drinking milk please advise me what can I do ?
Hello mam. My daughter is 2yrs nw she just keeps crying without any reason aftr having full meals she just always wants me to carry her in my lap. Wat can I do for dis pls do help me.
My 4.5 month old is passing sticky green stools since yesterday. It was thrice yesterday and 5 times up til now today. He is playing normally otherwise. Do I need to worry??
My 10 months old is appearing lean .not doo fatty is it good I am giving him every food ,dry fruits and all. What is best foods for baby and even he didn't got his first teeth till now. Is it ok! help me thank you doctor.
My son is 2 yrs old but his weight is less like 8.5 kg and his eating quatity is also less what should i do to increase his apetite?
We all know the rules avoid junk food, eat healthy, say no to fizzy drinks and finish your veggies. But do kids really listen? who says eating right needs to be followed by the book! parents stress and worry about their children's bad eating habits day and night, just to find their child pigging out on that packet of chips you thought you managed to hide. Instead of setting rules for what he/she can or cannot eat (and we all know how much children love rules) why not provide them with options (you could even trick them into believing its totally unhealthy) they'll gobble up happily.
Say yes to junk food:
There is no parent who could eat healthy all the time, so how can you expect your kids to do the same? if they want chocolate, melt some rich chocolate in milk and serve it to them as hot chocolate. When your child demands choco chip cookies, try making them at home with healthier alternatives like atta instead of maida and olive oil instead of butter. And sometimes just give your kids a break, when they ask for a packet of chips or some silly over priced chocolate, just let them have it!
Sauce it up:
Stop trying to force feed icky green dry vegetables to your child! I'm sure you also couldn't have eaten something that bland, happily as a kid. It's unfair to ask your child to eat boiled broccoli and boring raw salads just to maintain that healthy balanced diet. Instead you could make all these vegetables yummy by adding different sauces and dressings to them. Load up any salad with some mayo dressing or thousand island or whatever you think your child might enjoy. If they're happy eating such yummy salads you probably won't worry about the calories in the sauces! serve beans, broccoli, cucumber and anything else you want them to eat in a creamy white sauce. That way they'll lick the bowl clean before you can even say green vegetables!
Serve dessert and food togteher:
Won't they just eat the dessert and skip dinner? if you give them just one serving of dessert long with dinner, they'll still be hungry after that small amount of dessert. So even if the attack the dessert first, odds are they'll still be hungry and will end up having their dinner too. The trick here is to give a small portion of dessert so they can't fill up on just dessert. You could serve items like fresh fruit, apple crumble, oatmeal cookies, frozen yogurt etc to keep the desserts on the healthier side.
Serve dinner for breakfast:
Whatever your child's favorite dinner dish is, try serving that for breakfast. If your child loves pizza, serve mini pizza's for breakfast. Just fill pita pockets with chicken, cheese, tomatoes and serve it up as a mini pizza. If your child loves egg then make an omelette with vegetables and some cut pieces of meat. You could even add some cheese to it! this might make them finish breakfast in no time.
If you child wants chips, offer tortilla chips with salsa. If they ask for french fries, make those at home using less oil and salt. When he/she asks for pizza, try making them at home instead of ordering them from outside. Just by proving similar alternatives to food they crave you can improve their eating habits. Also when you're cooking at home, you can toss in a lot of vegetables without them finding out!
Try new recipes:
Not only kids, every person gets tired of eating the same thing over and over again. Try to find various recipes for one food item so that your child can keep eating the same vegetables without saying the food is boring. You'll find more than 5 ways to make healthy pasta and a zillion ways to make paneer ki sabzi. Actually this little trick might even spruce up your taste buds, not to mention cooking won't seem like such a tedious task once you get tasty food as the reward!
Don't try too hard:
The more you push, the more they'll push back. Using threats, bribes, punishments and anger isn't going to make them eat vegetables. Just sit back and let them eat their food without nagging in between. Eventually you'll notice the food that used to lie on the corner of the plate is now happily settled in their stomach. This way they'll learn to eat healthy on their own, especially in the long run. You won't have to call them during their college ad working years to ask did you eat your fruits and vegetables today? Phew, now won't that be a relief.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
My baby is 15 months old, he don't like milk. He is not drinking milk even 100 ml daily. So please suggest how we can give him milk, can we add any supplementary powder to get the taste changed. He has only 4 teeth as of now, so what medicine we can give him for getting his complete teeth soon with more problem.
Drinking milk isn?t the only way to enjoy its benefits. For example, try making soup and oatmeal or other hot cereals with milk instead of water. Pour milk over cold cereal for breakfast or a snack. Incorporate milk into a fruit smoothie or milkshake. Chocolate milk and cocoa made with milk are also ways to increase the milk in your child?s diet.
Sources of calcium also might include an ounce or two of cheese a cup of calcium-enriched orange juice, or a small carton of yogurt. Your kids can also get calcium from dark green, leafy vegetables like kale or foods such as broccoli, almonds, tortillas, or tofu made with calcium.
Mr. vaccines r given at the age of 9 month and 15 th month now wat s the reason for implement in school going children. Why it s necessary. Everyone saying it's not harmful. Can someone help me. Wat s true.
Teaching kids to respect one another’s space, from even a very young age, helps grow empathy.
1. Teach kids that the way their bodies are changing is great, but can sometimes be confusing. The way you talk about these changes—whether it’s loose teeth or pimples and pubic hair—will show your willingness to talk about other sensitive subjects.
Be scientific, direct, and answer any questions your child may have, without shame or embarrassment. Again, if your first instinct is to shush them because you are embarrassed, practice until you can act like it’s no big deal with your kid.
2. Encourage them to talk about what feels good and what doesn’t. Do you like to be tickled? Do you like to be dizzy? What else? What doesn’t feel good? Being sick, maybe? Or when another kid hurts you? Leave space for your child to talk about anything else that comes to mind.
3. Remind your child that everything they’re going through is natural, growing up happens to all of us.
4. Teach kids how to use safe-words during play, and help them negotiate a safe-word to use with their friends.
This is necessary because many kids like to disappear deep into their pretend worlds together, such as playing war games where someone gets captured, or putting on a stage play where characters may be arguing.
At this age, saying “no” may be part of the play, so they need to have one word that will stop all activity.
5. Teach kids to stop their play every once in a while to check in with one another. Teach them to take a T.O. (time out) every so often, to make sure everyone’s feeling okay.
6. Encourage kids to watch each others’ facial expressions during play to be sure everyone’s happy and on the same page.
7. Help kids interpret what they see on the playground and with friends. Ask what they could do or could have done differently to help. Play a “rewind” game, if they come home and tell you about seeing bullying.
“You told me a really hard story about your friend being hit. I know you were scared to step in. If we were to rewind the tape, what do you think you could do to help next time if you see it happen?” Improvise everything from turning into a superhero to getting a teacher.
Give them big props for talking to you about tough subjects.
8. Don’t tease kids for their boy-girl friendships, or for having crushes. Whatever they feel is okay. If their friendship with someone else seems like a crush, don’t mention it. You can ask them open questions like, “How is your friendship with Sarah going?” and be prepared to talk—or not talk—about it.
9. Teach children that their behaviors affect others. You can do this in simple ways, anywhere. Ask them to observe how people respond when other people make noise or litter. Ask them what they think will happen as a result. Will someone else have to clean up the litter? Will someone be scared? Explain to kids how the choices they make affect others and talk about when are good times to be loud, and what are good spaces to be messy.
10. Teach kids to look for opportunities to help. Can they pick up the litter? Can they be more quiet so as not to interrupt someone’s reading on the bus? Can they offer to help carry something or hold a door open? All of this teaches kids that they have a role to play in helping ease both proverbial and literal loads.
How to Dry Baby's Hair?
Baby towels often have a hood attached to it that can be used to gently blot your baby's hair. Do not rub as the baby's hairs are fine and very delicate and vulnerable to damage. Also, never try to blow-dry a baby's hair, as babies' skin is very much sensitive than an adult's skin and can be very easily burnt. Their hair also dries very fast on its own.
How to Comb Baby's Hair?
Comb your baby's hair with a soft-bristle brush or a tooth brush that won't snag on tangles or pull your baby's hair. Avoid headbands or ponytails, as they pull your baby's hair back too tight, which can damage hair.
Cradle Cap-Should I worry?
Cradle cap refers to the fleshy, red flakes on the scalp of baby. This is not harmful but some may be bothered by it. Before a bath, massage a little bit of coconut oil into your baby's scalp to loosen the dry skin. Gently rub the oil into your baby's scalp with a ultra soft brush or wash cloth to release the flakes. Always wash your baby's hair with a gentle baby shampoo. Cradle cap should get better on its own. If it sticks around or spreads to the face of baby, or neck or other parts of the body, you should see your doctor.
What Oil should I Apply on My Baby's Hair?
Many new parents try to apply baby oil in the newborns scalp under the impression that it will lead to hair growth. This is a biggest misconception. Baby oil actually causes dryness of the scalp and clogs the pores of the head. Often the cause of cradle cap in babies is the usage of the baby oil. For healthy hair growth it would suffice coconut oil is applied onto your infant's hair and scalp.
When should I Plan the First Haircut?
There is no particular set time for a first haircut as it will not harm hair growth of the baby. Whenever you feel your child needs a trim, you should go ahead and get it done.
Why my Baby has Bald Spots? What Should I Do?
Sometimes babies have bald spots on their head because children lie in the supine position most of the time. Encourage the "tummy time" when your baby is awake, to allow their head to round out and prevent bald patches.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Dmft is a simple index tool for your dentist to follow and it is very easy to understand by the common patients too.
It is basically a summary of your oral health in a quick way.
It is to observe the number of teeth that are either decayed that is carious or having any periodontal or perapical pathology leading to the discomfort.
To observe how many teeth are missing.
To observe how many teeth are filled or restored.
This will give you an idea about the basic condition of your oral health
It is simple to get checked so visit your dentist today and ask for it.