Common Specialities
{{speciality.keyWord}}
Common Issues
{{issue.keyWord}}
Common Treatments
{{treatment.keyWord}}
Call Doctor
Book Appointment

Dr. Arun Kumar A

92 (10 ratings)

Hematologist, Vellore

200 at clinic  ·  ₹100 online
Dr. Arun Kumar A 92% (10 ratings) Hematologist, Vellore
200 at clinic  ·  ₹100 online
Submit Feedback
Report Issue

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Arun Kumar A
Book an appointment online with Dr. Arun Kumar A and consult privately on Lybrate.com.

Find numerous Hematologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Hematologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Hematologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.

Info

Specialty

Location

Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Kumar A

Only Tele/mail Consultation

Christian Medical CollegeVellore Get Directions
200 at clinic
...more
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments. Get first response within 6 hours.
7 days validity ₹100 online
Consult Now
Phone Consult
Schedule for your preferred date/time
30 minutes call duration ₹200 online
Consult Now

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Arun Kumar A

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review

Patient Review Highlights

"Very helpful" 2 reviews

Reviews

Popular
All Reviews
View More
View All Reviews

Feed

Me and my partner suffer from minor thalassemia. We want to know if we can have a normal child?

Post Doctoral Fellowship in Molecular Haematology
Hematologist, Vellore
Me and my partner suffer from minor thalassemia. We want to know if we can have a normal child?
Yes. 25 percent chance of the child being completely normal and 50 percent chance of the child having thal minor. Only 25 percent chance that the child will have thal major. U can always do a prenatal diagnosis and confirm the status of the foetus during the early pregnancy ancy period and take necessary actions.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husbands blood report is: haemoglobin is 16.5 MCV 80 MCH 26.9 MCHC 33.4 RDW 13.6 MPV 7.6 I would like to know if he has minor thalassemia or not .or are any further tests required to identify.

Post Doctoral Fellowship in Molecular Haematology
Hematologist, Vellore
My husbands blood report is: haemoglobin is 16.5 MCV 80 MCH 26.9 MCHC 33.4 RDW 13.6 MPV 7.6 I would like to know if h...
The test results are not suggestive of thalassemia minor. There is still a possibility of silent variants and other forms of thalassemia (delta-beta etc).; however those are inconsequential and asymptomatic unless you are also a thal minor in which case your children will be at risk of moderate anemia.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am Male 11 yrs, Hb is 5.8gm ,what further blood should I do or there is need for blood transfusion? please suggest Any iron capsule or tonic. Do help me please

Post Doctoral Fellowship in Molecular Haematology
Hematologist, Vellore
I am Male 11 yrs, Hb is 5.8gm ,what further blood should I do or there is need for blood transfusion? please suggest ...
5.8 is too low a Hb concentration for a 11 year old. Further test would depend upon the actual counts, family history and other details. Iron tonic will benefit only if there is an established iron deficiency.
Submit FeedbackFeedback