Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best General Surgeons online in Vellore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alex Franklin
Submit a review for Dr. Alex FranklinYour feedback matters!
I had fissure in my anal canal. I have done operation by a best surgeon on 21 march. Now I want to know what I should to do in daily routine & take in daily diets. To avoiding the chance of reassurance of this in future. Please suggest the best.
Lot of black and white heads on face. When clear it, it made a deep spot/scar on face. Sometimes it made difficult to grow beard and it make a pimple and leave a big spot/scar on face. Tell me how to clean and fill the open pours/scars/spots on my face and prevent it for future.
I want crystal clear skin it gets were due to pimples and black spots are remained on skin due to pimples pls suggest me good medicine's.
My sister (age 15) has got small blister like rashes all over her body except face. She was applying betnovate over it since few days but its not working. What should she do? Please help.
Hello I have been suffering from piles. I have reverse pain and its is very worse while motion. I taken Himalayan Pilex. Blood is also coming while motion. Pls advice medicine for immediate relief.
I'm 22, my lips have become dark down to black from a month and I don't smoke but I drink a lot of black tea and green tea. Please tell me how do I get back my pink lips. thanks.
A healthy skin can slow down the aging process and prevent skin problems. Diet and exercise are key factors that keep the skin healthy. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
Given below are 6 ways to keep the skin healthy:
- Regular exercise and Hydration: Regular cardio exercises such as jogging and swimming pump the blood that carries nutrients and oxygen to the skin. Exercise causes loss of water in the body which needs to be replenished. Water keeps the skin healthy and prevents skin problems such as acne and dry skin.
- Sun protection: Constant exposure to sun rays can cause a host of skin problems such as skin cancer, wrinkles and age spots. The main culprits are the ultraviolet rays of the sun which can cause damage to the skin when it is exposed. Using sunscreen and wearing full-sleeves can help protect the skin against UV rays.
- Intake of antioxidants: Exposure to sun, pollution and other environmental factors give rise to free radicals in the skin. These free radicals damage cells in the skin by oxidation. Foods rich in antioxidants such as fruits and vegetables can limit the damage caused by free radicals.
- Stress management: Stress can trigger the skin sensitivity which causes it to be acne prone. Thus managing stress is beneficial for maintaining a healthy skin.
- Smoking: Smoking narrows the blood vessels in the skin that deliver oxygen and nutrients. Hence, it should be avoided to stay clear of these problems.
- Collagen supplements: These collagen supplements, especially in peptide form, reduces wrinkles considerably and keeps the skin firm and resilient.
In case of a concern or query, consult an expert & get answers to the questions!