Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhuri Bihari
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Nerve Pain
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Brain Hemorrhage
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Spasmodic Torticollis
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Submit a review for Dr. Madhuri BihariYour feedback matters!
I have got lots of shivering problem and I feel too tired always, I have too much of anger problem too with which my period cycles are too late, I feel like I might be suffering from thyroid because my throat is swollen please guide me how to cure this please help me out as my energy is going down day by day.
I have epilepsy problem for last 13 years I have done ct scan nd mri but reports r normal so what I do.
Dr. Shrey Bharal talks about managing migraine
Hello everyone my name is Dr. Shrey Bharal. I am a homeopathic physician. Today I am going to talk about migraine. Migraine is actually a headache disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of headache which can be from moderate to severe. Typically, it occurs in one part of your head either on left side or right side. Symptoms are nausea, vomiting, sensitive to light, smell or even sound. Any kind of or any type of physical or a mental activity aggravates it. It has been seen in most of the cases that it is once in families.
If your mother or grandmother is suffering from migraine then you are likely to have it. Migraine mostly affects women more than men. It is three times more common in women. Migraine can be well managed with the help of diet, exercise, as well as medication. Person who is having migraine should avoid junk food and oily food, avoid their sedentary habits and also take proper medication and rest. Migraine can be very well managed with the help of diet, exercise, as well as medication.
Homeopathy has been proved beneficial for migraine. Homeopathy reduces the frequency of attacks and hence giving relief to the patients. I would advise you to take homeopathic medications as well as treatment for migraine.
For more information about migraine and its management you can contact me through Lybrate through audio and video chats as well as you can directly come to my clinic.
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continue to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from a brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight-related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing-related disorders might have a brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of a brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result in permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored.
I have smocking habit. Some times I recognized that my hands are shaking. But recently I stopped drinking and smocking now also my hands are shaking what can I do?
I have taken lot of parkin tablets for 1year long long back ago I totally stoped long before is there any danger or side effects
I am suffering migraine from childhood, Dr. said that it will automatically end with age but at the age of 20yo it is not relieved.
Grading of brain cancer is entirely different as compared to the staging of other cancers in the body. Cancer in the breast, lung, colon etc. are staged depending on the possible spread, location of a tumor and lymph node involvement etc. However, brain tumors are graded based on the aggressiveness of the tumor cells under a microscope. The resect ability and the grade of the tumor cells guide a doctor on the treatment decisions. The decision of a brain surgery depends on factors such as the location, spread of a tumour and the general health of the patient.
Types of Brain Tumor Grading:
Grade 1 tumor- These sets of tumors are medically known as the juvenile pilocytic astrocytoma and subependymoma. They are slow growing and non-invasive. There is a likelihood of the patient getting cured with surgery.
Grade 2 tumor- These are brain tumors that do not possess dead cells as part of the tumour. But, they do portray a lot of abnormal cells. Tumors of this type can be categorized under oligodendroglioma, astrocytoma, and ependymoma.
Grade 3 tumor- Tumors of this type are graded based on the cell type of the cancer cells. For instance, an anaplastic astrocytoma is a grade 3 tumor that has no dead cells but possesses dividing cells. In contrast, anaplastic ependymoma and anaplastic oligodendroglioma are grade 3 tumor cells that have dead cells in them.
Grade 4 tumor- Tumors of this type are referred to as glioblastoma. The tumor cells are actively dividing, the growth of blood vessels is witnessed and areas of dead tissue keep expanding.
1. Surgery- If the location of a brain tumor is such that it is accessible to a surgeon, the latter goes ahead and removes most of the tumor if not the whole. If, however, the brain tumor cells are placed very near to the surrounding very sensitive brain tissues, a doctor might remove a small portion of the tumor to curb its growth.
2. Radiation Therapy- This mode of treatment uses high energy X-ray beams to kill targeted cells of the brain. External beam radiation usually targets a small area of the brain. A whole brain radiation, on the other hand, is usually employed when a tumor has spread to most parts of the brain. Radiotherapy is now so evolved that it is highly targeted to tutor cells that kills cancer and spares normal brain.
3. Chemotherapy- Chemotherapy employs drugs to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy can either be taken in the form of an IV or in the form of pills. The dosage of chemotherapy is decided based on the concentration of cancer cells, spread frequency, platelet count of the patient etc. The most common chemotherapy drug that is prescribed by doctors to fight cancer cells is temozolomide.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!