Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Varanasi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Manju KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello dr, i am 29 years married woman, I m facing a problem of white discharge from my vagina with bad smell, please suggest me something what is this problem?
My bf had precum on his hand and then wiped his hand on a cloth slightly and fingered me after 5mins (on 28th march). I took an ipill after 4hrs and I had my period on 11th april which was heavy for 2 days amd very very light the next 3days. I took a hcg test on 18th april which was negative. Again I tested on 8th may and it was negative. It is 15th may and I haven't got my period yet. Could I be pregnant? if not then why is my period late?
Modern women want to have it all, in personal and professional life. They want to experience the joy of motherhood but not the pain associated with normal delivery. For such women, epidural analgesia during labour is a blessing. Epidural analgesia/anaesthesia is given to pregnant women during childbirth. Epidural painkillers stop the pain signals transmitted nerves from uterus. This stops the pain sensation of labour. For epidural analgesia, a catheter (small tube) is inserted into the epidural space in the spinal cord. It is through this tube that the drugs (painkillers) reach the desired nerves.
Types of Epidurals:
Epidurals can be
- Injection with top-ups: Once given, epidurals help to relieve the pain that arises due to contractions. When the epidural starts to wear off, top-ups or refills are used. The refills can last for 1-2 hours.
- Combined Spinal Epidural: Compared to the regular epidurals, the combined spinal epidurals are powerful, quick, and more effective. Here too, epidural painkillers are made to pass through the catheter, once the first injection wears off. It is also known as Walking Epidural.
- Continuous infusion (patient-controlled epidural analgesia): Here, the other end of the epidural catheter is attached to a pump. This pump continuously infuses the painkillers into your back. For an effective response, top-ups may be used. Many hospitals allow patients to control the pump.
Merits and demerits of having an epidural--
- Epidurals make the delivery smooth and hassle free.
- Epidurals are relatively safe as only a small fraction of the medicine reaches the baby.
- Women stay fully awake and experience no pain during the cervix dilation. This enables them to push the baby out with more energy.
- Depending on the requirement, the dosage of epidurals can be adjusted.
- Epidurals help to lower the cases of C-section delivery.
Though epidurals make childbirth easy, one cannot overlook its demerits.
- Infections can sometimes occur.
- Sometimes epidural analgesia can have a patchy effect, causing some pain to persist.
- Though rare, epidural can result in nerve damage.
- Epidurals bring about a fall in blood pressure. At times, this can be risky for the baby.
- Nausea, headache, itchiness, backache, soreness are the common side effects of epidurals.
- Epidurals relax a woman, thereby reducing their urge to push the baby out.
Thus, they may take longer than usual to push the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
Hi doctor. I am a pcos patient and after my follicular study and when I ovulated on cycle day 18 my doctor advised me to take duphaston 10 mg for 20 days twice a day. I am on cycle day 32 today and have not got my periods. My cycle was kind of irregular before I started treatment for pcos. Please guide me till when should I expect my periods or test for pregnancy? Don't even know if I should continue duphaston or not? Please help.
Natural Supplements for a Healthy Penis
When it comes to maintaining a healthy penis, as well as overall health, the prostate gland plays an enormous role. In fact, prostate health is directly tied to a whole host of penis issues, such as erectile dysfunction, penis pain and other problems, as well as the dreaded prostate cancer. That's why excellent penis care isn't just about the penis itself, but about other parts of a man's reproductive system as well, including the prostate.
Scientists have looked for numerous options that might help men avoid or overcome prostate cancer. The good news is that there are certainly some medications that work, as well as some natural remedies. These natural supplements are known to help improve outcomes for men with prostate cancer, and they are great for those who simply want to protect against it as well.
1) White Button Mushroom Extract. White button mushrooms are very common, and it turns out they are a powerhouse of healing for prostate cells. Studies have shown that the extract slows the growth of cancer cells, as well as decreases tumor size in men who already have prostate cancer.
2) Sang Huang Mushroom Extract. A not-so-common mushroom, the extract has proven to be quite powerful indeed. When injected into mice, scientists found that the extract reduced the rate of cancer growth and diminished the size of the existing tumors.
3) African Plum Tree Bark Extract. Sometimes a man will have an enlarged or inflamed prostate well before he has any problems with prostate cancer. This extract does a great job of reducing that enlargement. In addition, mice that were fed a compound that included this extract had a much-reduced incidence of prostate cancer compared to those who didn't receive the extract.
Of course, there are many other things a man can do to help ensure the most healthy penis possible. Lifestyle choices play a huge role. A guy should pursue an active sex life to help ensure that he keeps his prostate in tip-top shape, but when he is pursuing that with a partner, he should take care to use proper protections. He should also look to his overall health, such as avoiding habits like drinking, smoking and eating unhealthy foods, as each of these could contribute to the incidence of prostate cancer in their own way.
A man should also make sure to get medical checkups every year, including prostate exams when he is of an age that requires them. Though a prostate exam might seem uncomfortable and embarrassing, it is really the only way to spot problems well before they become serious issues - and as most men know, prostate cancer has a number of very effective treatments as long as it is caught early. Prostate exams allow that to happen.
Finally, a man can turn to other types of supplements to keep his body, overall health and penis health in good shape. If he isn't getting enough vitamins and nutrients from his diet, he can look to supplements to help support nutritional health. He can also turn to supplements to aid with other health issues, such as vitamin C when fighting a cold or fish oil for joint aches.
When it comes to penis health, a guy can turn to topical supplements found in a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). He should look for only all-natural ingredients, such as Shea butter, vitamin E, amino acids, and other nutrients for better health, such as vitamins D, C and B5. These important ingredients can help keep the penis skin healthy.