Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Varanasi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manju KumarYour feedback matters!
I have PCOd problem but last night I had sex. I don't want take chance of pregnancy. So which is best suitable pills? I heard unwanted 72 or i-pill. Please suggest.
excessive pain in abdominal area during and before menstrual cycle. Any help would be appreciated to cure the issue.
A three month therapy of ayurvedic medicines can cure your menstural cramps and associated problems.
1. Ayurvedic medicines
2. Hot fomentation
3. Clove tea
4. Warm oil massage
Good evening, I'm worried about my brother and sister in law they are married for about 6 years and can not have a child they have made many tests all ready but nothing. What advice can you give. Best regards.
Orthopedic disorders include all the health issues and ailments that are related to the muscles, joints and ligaments. Orthopedic disorders are so widespread and so large in number that it is very difficult to list all of them down. However, among them the four most common orthopedic disorders are:
- Arthritis: It is a chronic and a long lasting orthopedic disorder in which you witness the swelling or inflammation of one or more joints in the body. This condition is very painful in nature and it tends to deteriorate gradually. This condition usually affects elderly people and it also worsens with age which ultimately causes stiffness of the joints and limits your routine body movements.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative joint disorder which leads to immense pain and discomfort in the joints of the body. This is one of the most serious forms of orthopedic disease that has been noticed. This disease involves degradation and decline in the overall quality of the bones and joints in the affected areas.
- Lower back pain: This condition refers to periods of pain and discomfort in the lower part of your spinal area. This condition is very common nowadays and as a result of this pain, your back usually becomes tender, swollen and stiff. This pain also stops you from doing your overall routine activities.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: It is an orthopedic disorder in which there is severe swelling in a particular joint, accompanied by small lumps on the affected area that further degrade the external appearance of the skin. In case of adults, this disorder lasts for a lifetime and worsens with time, if left untreated.
Related Tip: "4 Common Orthopedic Problems Faced By Aged People"
Miscarriage refers to a pregnancy that has ended prematurely, within 20 weeks. Research shows that around 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies end in miscarriages. Chemical pregnancies cause 50-75% of all miscarriages. The condition happens when a pregnancy is lost not long after implantation, bringing about bleeding that happens around the time of her normal period. The woman may not understand that she has conceived when she encounters a chemical pregnancy.
The normal period where miscarriages are expected to occur is during the first 13 weeks of pregnancy. While pregnancy can be an overwhelming and exciting experience, it is beneficial that the woman keeps herself informed about the possibilities of miscarriages.
Some types of miscarriage are:
- Threatened Miscarriage
- Inevitable or Incomplete Miscarriage
- Complete Miscarriage
- Missed Miscarriage
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Blighted Ovum
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Molar Pregnancy
In case of any of the following signs, the doctor should be consulted immediately,
- Mild to Severe Pain
- White-Pink Mucus
- Weight loss
- True Contractions
- Sudden Decrease in Signs of pregnancy
- Tissue made of clot-like material passing from the vagina
- Bright red or Brown bleeding with or without cramps
- The majority of women will require a transvaginal ultrasound (TVS) and 98% of complete miscarriages can be diagnosed in this way.
- If a transvaginal ultrasound scan is unacceptable to the woman, then a transabdominal ultrasound scan should be offered and the woman should be made aware of the limitations of this method of scanning.
- If there is no visible heartbeat then a second scan should be performed. This is either done at a minimum of 7 or 14 days, depending up the measurements of the crown-rump length or the mean gestational sac.
- Be aware that a woman with a pregnancy of unknown location may have an ectopic pregnancy.
- Serum hCG
- Serum hCG tests can help to exclude an ectopic pregnancy in women with a complete miscarriage (or pregnancy of unknown location), determined by ultrasound.
- Serial tests are required but results should complement clinical assessment and not replace it. Two tests are taken as close as possible to 48 hours apart:
- >63% increase suggests ongoing pregnancy.
- >50% decrease suggests pregnancy is unlikely to continue.
- A woman with results between these parameters should be reviewed in the EPAU withing 24 hours.
- Slow doubling times are associated with miscarriage and declining values have high sensitivity of 93-97% in diagnosing a complete miscarriage.
- Rare causes of a raised hCG should also be borne in mind, including gestational trophoblastic disease or cranial germ cell tumour, which must be considered.
One meta-analysis has shown that a single low progesterone measurement for women in early pregnancy, presenting with bleeding or pain and inconclusive ultrasound assessments, can rule out a viable pregnancy. However, a very low serum progesterone can be seen in normal viable pregnancies, so progesterone should not be used as the definitive diagnostic test without other evidence.
- Admission to hospital can be avoided in 40% of women with threatened or actual early pregnancy loss.
- Following a miscarriage, all women should have access to support, follow-up and formal counselling when necessary.
- Anti-D rhesus prophylaxis (250 IU) should be offered to all rhesus-negative women who have a surgical procedure to manage a miscarriage.
- However, anti-D rhesus prophylaxis does not have to be given to those women who:
- Receive solely medical management for an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage.
- Have a threatened miscarriage.
- Have a complete miscarriage.
- Have a pregnancy of unknown location.
- Women need evidence-based information to guide their decisions, as well as access to support and counselling; leaflets, web addresses and helpline numbers for support organisations should be offered to all women experiencing miscarriage.
- There is no evidence to support a couple delaying attempts to conceive following a miscarriage.
The main purpose of treatment is to prevent haemorrhage and infection. It is common that the body expels all the fetal fluid during the earlier stages of the pregnancy. In case it doesn t, a procedure known as D&C (Dilution & Curettage) is performed to remove the fluid and prevent infection.
Since most miscarriages occur due to chromosomal abnormalities, nothing significant can be done to prevent them.
Tips to be taken to ensure a healthy conception are:
- Regular Exercise
- Stress Management
- Daily consumption of folic acid
- Not smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello Doctor! My age is 31. Trying for 2 years for pregnancy but no luck. I have recently started walking and doing some fertility yoga exercises and self fertility massage. I have ovulation problem my eggs do not rupture and my Amh is low but I have follicles. I want to conceive naturally as IVF is too costly. My cycles are regular My husband report is also ok. What is DHEA supplement. Will this help me Can I take without prescription Kindly reply.
I have a 10 year old daughter. Her urine result alarmed me, her rbc is 5-7/hpf and her wbc is 1-2/hpf. Her pedia told me it is a possible indication of a menstrual flow. She is only 10. What are possible indicators of such result? Thanks!
I took ipill. I am get bleed on 7th day. I took the ipill within 24 hrs. I took ipill twice in a week. I had sex om the 2nd and 8th day of my period end. Then took ipill within 24 hrs. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Mai 27 years, ki hu meri left breast me pain hota, h aur bhot sagging v h kya, ye cancer k symptom h kya kru. please tell me.
My doctor has prescribed irotide as iron supplement (earlier I was taking fefolz, my iron level 9.5),i am 7.5 months pregnant, is it a good supplement since I couldn't find any detail related to same on google.
How to avoid you wanted pregnancy. My wife missed period cycle. Her cycle is first 5 day of the month. And today is last day. Her period comes early 2 day from her cycle but this time she missed. We have 3 months baby boy. By my mistake once I don't use protection. And now we don't want baby now. Please guide us. My wife's age is 25 year old. And her delivery is normal. So please please help me to avoid pregnancy.
Is there any problem with inverted nipple I have one inverted nipple and I really don't want to go for surgery. is there any problem with these nipples.
2) You should get motion (natural call) immediately after you wake up.
3) You should get optimum evacuation of your bowel - once, in early morning. This is the proper period for motion.