Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Varanasi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Mishra
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana MishraYour feedback matters!
Hello, My wife is suffering from white water problem. What are the side effects of this and suggest homeopathic medicine?
In a healthy individual, there are millions of microorganisms in different parts of the body which are essential for normal functioning of that particular organ. Be it the mouth or the gut or the reproductive tract, there are normally organisms. These form part of the normal flora of that body part. It is when there is an imbalance between the good and bad bacteria, where the bad ones take over, then there is a problem. This results in an infection, which manifests with symptoms and requires treatment.
Vaginal yeast infection is one of the most common such conditions and almost 75% of the women would have had it at least once in their lifetime. It is most commonly caused by the yeast Candida albicans, which is normally present in the vagina. Though it can be sexually transmitted, it is not a usual STD.
Causes: The vagina also contains the bacteria Lactobacillus, which produces acid and is essential for maintaining an acidic environment. This acidic environment ensures there is no overgrowth of the yeast. For various reasons, this balance is lost and there is an overgrowth of yeast leading to vaginal yeast infections. Some of the common causes are listed below.
- Antibiotic usage, which kills the Lactobacillus count and increases vaginal pH
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Weakened immunity due to various reasons
- Increased levels of oestrogen due to use of birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy
Symptoms: The symptoms would depend on the severity of the infection.
- Vaginal itching, burning, and irritation
- Vulvar swelling, irritation, and redness
- Burning sensation with urination or intercourse
- Vaginal rash
- Vaginal soreness and pain
- Vaginal discharge that can be thick or thin, white or clear, odor-free or foul-smelling
In cases of recurrent vaginal yeast infections, there could be more than 4 infections per year along with extensive burning and itching and swelling that could even lead to cracks and fissures.
Diagnosis: Though the symptoms can be helpful in diagnosis, sometimes a pelvic exam and swab of the vaginal discharge might be required to confirm the diagnosis. This is especially required in cases of repeated infections.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.