Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Varanasi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana MishraYour feedback matters!
Doctor my friend is asking that during periods she feel heavy pain in her stomach and get out if that pain she is taking cyclopam tablets. During her pain some times she took more than 2 tablets also. Is this tablets is safe and not having any side effects.?
She had her abortion (pills) and after that. One month bow bleeding has stopped. In the last days it was stopping and starting with the pain. Now from two days her stomach is aching. What should I do?
Which abortion pills should be recommended to a two months pregnant women? Please suggest antibiotics too.
Can someone let me know complete precautions that someone needs to take to avoid pregnancy? Is condom the only way? Me and my partner had unprotected sex for dew times now. Is there anything that she needs to worry about it take some pills? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hello doctor. I am 5 days due to my period. Today I had a very thick cheese like discharge. And a little pink colour spotting 2 days before. I did home pregnancy test the second day I missed my period it came out negative. I am trying to conceive since 3 4 months. Am I pregnant? please help and tell me when should I do pregnancy test?
I had my periods on 3rd. N it finished on 8th. I had sex on 17th. First it was protected. Den unprotected. Though he did not ejaculate inside. Will I be pregnant? Do you suggest to take ipill. I npe if I take it withdrawal bleeding will occur.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Hi, one of my friends girl friend has got pregnant of 15 days and she doesn't want child as they are not married please suggest what they will do and what medicine help her she is 19 years old .
Thyroid disorders result, when thyroid hormones are produced in higher or lower amounts than the normal values. This is because the hormones released from the thyroid are central to metabolism and can cause constitutional changes in the body. The two major hormones released from the thyroid are thyroxine, t4 and triiodothyronine, t3. Both hormones increase basal metabolic rates. When the levels of t4 and t3 in the body goes above the normal range, hyperthyroidism is diagnosed. When the levels of t4 and t3 in the body fall below the normal range, hypothyroidism is diagnosed. These thyroid hormones are under the control of another hormone called thyroid-stimulating hormone or tsh which is secreted in the pituitary gland. Both an underactive (hypothyroidism) and an overactive (hyperthyroidism) thyroid can cause serious health problems and require urgent treatment.
Symptoms of thyroid disorders--
Sleepines, fatigue, memory loss, attention deficits, confusion, slowness, increased stress, depression, paranoid depression, hallucinations, constipation, decreased libido, infertility, lowered stamina, hair loss, dry, rough, pale and itchy skin, cold intolerance, abnormal menstrual cycles, hoarse voice and slow speech, puffy swollen face and dull facial expressions, irritability, oedema, goiter, mood swings, snoring, muscles and joints ache, slow heart beat, risk of heart disease, liver abnormalities, high cholesterol and triglycerides, hypertension.
Thyroid disorders are especially well suited to homeopathy. There are excellent remedies in homeopathy for the patients suffering from thyroid symptoms. The homeopathic remedy selected will be based on all the symptoms of the patient including physical, mental and emotional states and family history of the patient. Homeopathic remedies stimulate the body's own immune system and offer a long lasting cure rather than giving temporary relief.
Dr. Ruchita chandra a trained renowned homeopath who is well known for treating those cases which have been incurable, and has successfully treated several patients with thyroid disorders.