Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychologists online in Varanasi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Anand KumarYour feedback matters!
How to treat stuttering. I talk normally like a normal person but I stutter a bit with few words. And that is the reason I speak alone with myself sometimes to improve my words. But my family find it crazy. And I do not do it in public like a complete mad but sometimes it gets unintentionally. Tell me how to stop talking to myself. I wonder a lot about many things. And now this is bigger problem than stuttering.
I have lipid profile issues; cholesterol and SGOT high. They are under control with medication, levels are 177 and 41.4 respectively. I take Atorvastatin 10 g, ecosprin 75 g, fenofibrate and a multi vitamin - all one daily for past 16 yrs. For the past 3 years I suspect that my memory is weakening. I forget names, events and belongings on a daily basis. Both parents suffered Dementia in their late 70s. Please advise, my age is 66.
I am 21 year old boy. I am suffering from anxiety. I feel palpitations I feel chest pain I feel breathing problem. Whenever I think most I am scaring too much. Please help me.
i am suffering from free floating anxiety. How many more years it will take to get rid of medicine? I am totally fed up with pills. Am under medicial supervision sine Dec 2012.
I am 26 yr old male. I'm suffering from psychological problems. I get depressed at very little things and that ruins all my day. I cannot express myself clearly. Always preoccupied with thoughts. Cant respond quickly to a conversation when depressed.
An event or an accident that leaves us overwhelmed can lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, also known as PTSD. A particularly stressful situation or event that has created terror or been overly dramatic or dangerous can lead to stress and anxiety long after the individual has physically come out of the situation. This kind of a traumatic condition is usually what characterises PTSD. This condition is something that is persistent, and can linger on for a long time, calling for medical supervision and care. Here's a list of things you need to know about PTSD.
- Duration: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder usually lasts up to six months. Yet, there are cases where it lingers on and requires treatment for some particular types of symptoms or behavioural changes. Usually, the patient's behaviour is a result of one or more of the symptoms discussed below.
- Re-experiencing Symptoms: These symptoms include flashbacks and life like re-imagination in the form of dreams and nightmares. In many cases, the patient may remember and re-experience the entire scene or series of events that have led to the trauma in the first place. This can be triggered by a memory or association with words, events and other such things that have to do with the memory of the traumatic episode.
- Avoidance Symptoms: A traumatised patient may go out of his or her way to avoid things that are remotely close to the traumatic incident. They may fear a reoccurrence or a reminder of the event and may avoid addressing the trauma altogether. Patients suffering from this symptom may have created a mental block, and may not be able to remember the exact details of the event. They may also feel emotions like fear, guilt, depression and even worry, over the past incident which led to the trauma in the first place.
- Arousal Symptoms: Arousal or reactivity symptoms may trigger the same reactions that the person showed during the traumatic experience. These may include being on edge constantly in anticipation of a reoccurrence, or even getting startled by the slightest thing since the mind is already occupied with thoughts of the event, constantly. Anger and emotional outbursts may also be caused due to these symptoms.
- Mood Symptoms: Mood swings are the most common outcome of these symptoms. The patient may experience a complete lack of enthusiasm and drive to indulge in activities like hobbies and socialising. Also, the patient may end up harbouring feelings of negativity towards family, friends and strangers, besides going through phases of guilt and self blame for the occurrence of the traumatic event.
PTSD can be a debilitating disorder in the emotional sense, and should be treated by a psychiatrist in case it lingers on for more than six months.
Memory loss is something that almost everyone experiences at some point in their life. The trouble starts when some experience it continuously and lose the logic of remembering simple things. Memory loss is not always attributed to age. There can be multiple factors behind it and the conventional medications available to treat them or improve them are not effective in the long run. One can even say that there is no foolproof method of eradicating memory loss that is where homeopathy differs drastically. Most of the treatment options concentrate on the symptoms while homeopathy treats the problem from the root. Come, let us take a look at the actual symptoms of memory loss and how homeopathy can fight it out.
Homeopathy for memory loss:
- Memory loss is not exactly a disease, but a condition that occurs as a result of many medical contingencies. Some of them can include small strokes in the brain, diabetes, high blood pressure and nutritional deficiencies. Certain medications are also known to be the reason behind memory loss and even alcohol addiction and depression can aid the same.
- Conventional drugs treat memory loss as a symptom, and they can be effective only till the medications are taken. They can also cause other side effects that can be harmful in the long run.
- Homeopathy differs in this, and it works on the core principle of putting the patient first before the disease. It focuses on the condition and the factors that are affecting the memory loss. The homeopathic physician understands the patient first and discusses in detail about his lifestyle and habits of the person. Once this is established, a detailed treatment plan can be charted out by the physician.
- Homeopathy aims to strengthen the immune system and conditions the vitality first. As a result, the human body does not get susceptible to the everyday monotonous activities and becomes attentive. Different medications are used for treating different symptoms. For example, patients who experience sudden forgetfulness are treated with a different set of drugs than the patients who lack in remembering past events.
- Stress related patients are addressed in a different way, and other methods handle patients with a cloudy judgment related problems. On the whole, homeopathy does not believe in single medications or treatment for all. Based only on the symptoms, different homeopathy medicines are imparted.
Homeopathy is safe:
Of all the important functionalities of homeopathy, the biggest is undoubtedly the one that it does not cause any side effects and is very effective. Visible improvement in the memory can be felt within few weeks, and in the long run, patients are completely capable of dismissing the memory loss problems. Homeopathy also restricts the condition and prevents the memory loss problems from reoccurring as most of the causes are eradicated at the root. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!