Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Varanasi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amitabh Agarwal
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Amitabh AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old. Few months back I found a lump on my right breast near my armpit. No pain in it. Other than than there are no symptoms as such. I have no cancer history in my family .and I have also been suffering from irregular menstrual problems.
Hello I am rick ,female and I am 24 years old! I have a problem on skin especially my hands turns out dark even during day times and also when I am not exposed to light, but my skin posture is white and I am fair ,my legs and face have same colour! I started applying Kojic acid cream and soap since 1 month, as suggested by a doctor through Lybrate app! I am not feeling changes! Should I have to wait for good results! How good it is that I can use? Will it work?
Whats can be possible causes of rectal bleeding at the age of 14? He has diarrhae and bleeding since 2 week.please help
Hi, I had a lot of red marks on my one hand from last two three days firstly I was thinking it was Due to some mosquito bite but it is increasing, so I am not able to understand what exact problem is, will you please help me.
Scars may mar the beauty and proportion of your face and its features. There are many reasons why we may suffer from scars starting from accidents to other causes like birth defects and other ailments. When we are injured or the skin is ruptured, the bruise or the wound usually heals itself by turning into scar tissue.
While much of this may disappear for smaller wounds, there are others that remain obvious and become scars. Many of these scars may be in a prominent location like the face, which can lead to loss of confidence and self-esteem. While make-up and creams can diminish the jarring effect of such scars, there is also a permanent way to deal with them cosmetic surgery. Here is everything you need to know about the same.
- Point of surgical techniques: While total scar removal will depend on the severity of the scar and its location, the point of most surgical techniques for scar removal involve making the skin as smooth as possible so that the scar becomes almost invisible.
- Skin resurfacing methods: Dermabrasion and laser resurfacing are some of the most popular methods employed for this process. While dermabrasion basically helps in scraping away the top surface of the skin in order to help new skin grow back, laser resurfacing does pretty much the same with the help of laser beams that will act on the problem areas. Dermabrasion usually helps when the scar is slightly raised and embossed on the skin, giving the appearance of a second skin with its defect. The laser light of the laser resurfacing helps by smoothen the rough patch of skin that forms the scar. This is done by running the beams on the rough or elevated patches until they are removed for the new skin to emerge eventually.
- Kelotoid scars: Most kelotoid scars are treated with the help of medicated injections that can be administered by a cosmetic surgeon. Hypertropic scars are also treated in this way.
- Surgical incisions: In case the above methods do not help in removing particularly stubborn or old scars, the cosmetic surgeon can also suggest using a surgical incision in order to join the skin together with very fine stitches. This process can help in making the scar less prominent to a great extent.
- Side effects: In all these methods, you would do well to discuss the possible side effects with your cosmetic surgeon. Some amount of bruising and redness of the skin is to be expected for a few days. Also, a little bit of swelling is normal. But if these side effects do not abate in a hurry and get progressively worse, then it would be a good idea to report the changes to the doctor for further treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hereditary Angioedema is a rare skin related disorder and as the name suggests it is also a genetically inherited condition. This condition mainly afflicts the throat, abdomen and the limbs of the patient, with a certain kind of swelling. This swelling can become fatal if not treated on time. Here is everything you need to know about the condition and its treatment.
Causes: A rare genetic mutation of the SERPING1 gene can cause this condition. Usually, this gene is known to produce C1 esterase inhibitor, which is a kind of blood protein. This blood protein is an important element of one’s immune system and is usually involved in the biochemical reactions that control the body’s response to inflammation causing elements. This is done when the blood protein produces a hormone known as Bradykinin. If this blood protein does not function in a normal manner, then there is excessive production of this hormone, which leads to swelling and inflammation.
Type one: There are various types of Hereditary Angioedema that can affect various parts of the body. Type one is one of the most common kinds and can be found on the face, hands, abdomen, throat, as well as feet and genitals of the patient. The severity and frequency of attacks cannot really be predicted and the patient may suffer from attacks throughout his or her life. The best way to treat this type of Hereditary Angioedema is with the help of antihistamine drugs and prednisone which can fight allergic attacks.
Type two: This kind of Hereditary Angioedema has the same symptoms as type one and is caused by a malfunction of the C1 inhibitor, rather than the Bradykinin hormone as one can see in type one. This condition can also be treated with anti-allergy drugs.
Type three: This is very rare kind of Hereditary Angioedema. In fact, medical science is yet to find a conclusive body of knowledge that can point to the exact causes and symptoms of this condition. Coagulation is one of the main causes recognised so far. This condition is much more common in women than it is in men, and it usually shows up as facial swelling.
Timely treatment: While there is no cure for this condition, one can prevent a flare up of the symptoms by taking C1 inhibitors and Bradykinin receptors as well as enzyme inhibitors. It is important to get early treatment for the symptoms and to have constant access to a hospital and its emergency unit. One should also keep track of attacks and symptoms and get regular check-ups done by a doctor to detect the earliest signs of the same to avoid fatalities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.