Doctor in Vaibhav Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Vaibhav HospitalYour feedback matters!
Constipation usually refers to the troublesome bowel movement. It is normally referred to a condition where you defecate less than normal. Most people usually experience this at some point, yet it is not considered very serious unless it becomes a persistent problem. Instead of immediately turning to some medicine or laxative, (which usually worsens the issue) attempt some basic home solutions to get rid of your inconvenience, and prevent it from returning. Some of the most effective home remedies to get relief from constipation are:
Oil: Start your day by taking 1 tablespoon of olive oil. It works best when you have an empty stomach, so have it before you eat anything else. In case that you forget, wait until later when you have not eaten for some time. You can blend it with a bit of lemon juice.
Lemon juice: The citrus extract in lemon juice acts as a stimulant for your digestive system and can flush out toxins and undigested material that may have developed along the walls of the intestine. Avoid blending the juice with water, as this may dilute the effect of the former.
Caffeine: Caffeine is a natural solution for the digestive system. One or two cups are fine, however, ensure you do not try too hard. Consuming a lot can have the reverse impact. Coffee is a diuretic and makes you urinate more frequently and as often as possible. Yet, it can have a negative impact too. In case that you drink it in excess, it can bring about blockage by dehydrating the body and drawing out water that would otherwise soften your stool for easy passage.
Fiber: Natural foods have a tendency to contain a huge amount of fiber. To put it plainly, fiber is a material that cannot be processed and it acts like a sponge. It draws water from its environment, making it swell, which makes the stool soft and adds bulk and mass to it, which helps it pass normally.
Aloe Vera: It is best to use aloe vera gel straight from the plant itself. The gel straight from the plant is more concentrated than processed aloe juice so do not use more than 2 tablespoons. In case that you do not have an aloe plant, then drinking aloe juice can accomplish similar results.
Baking soda: Baking soda lies at the heart of home cures. It is so flexible, and it practically does its work 95% of the time, as per many medical studies. It works well for constipation (and abdominal pain as a rule) since it is a bicarbonate. It will urge air to leave you somehow and calm pain from the pressure. It additionally re-alkalizes the stomach, killing the acid to some degree and helping waste pass through your gut.
Asthmatic patients often find that the frequency and intensity of asthma attacks increase with a change in weather, as the challenges two-fold for asthmatic patients. If they are indoors, they inhale triggers such as dust mites, mould etc. and if they step outdoors, the outside air acts as a trigger for an asthmatic attack. However, there are ways to make your life easier.
- Curb allergy triggers inside your house: While you can’t do much about the weather, you can control the environment inside your house. Limit your time around pets that could trigger an attack and try keeping them outside the bedroom. Use dust proof covers on mattresses and pillows and changes your bedding regularly. Though it may look cosier, avoid using a lot of pillows and throw cushions on your bed. Clean and replace the filters of your home’s heating or cooling system before you start it up for the first time. The filters should also be regularly checked and cleaned throughout the winter.
- Ventilate the house: Keep your house dry and cool at all times to prevent the growth of mould and dust mites. To do this, run an exhaust fan in the bathroom while having a shower and in the kitchen while cooking. As far as possible, do not dry clothes indoors.
- Avoid too cold or too hot air: As far as possible avoid going outdoors especially on windy days. Instead of going for a walk outdoors, exercise at home or in a gym. When you go outdoors, drape a scarf over the lower half of your face to cover your nose and mouth. This will ensure that you do not breathe in too cold air or too hot air.
- Breathe correctly: As children, we’re told to keep our mouths closed. Not only is this good social etiquette, but it also prevents you from breathing through your mouth. The nostrils have tiny hair inside them that act as filters and keep dust particles and pollen from being inhaled. This also warms up the air while being inhaled. Thus avoid breathing through your mouth and instead only breathe through your nose.
- Take your medications: Create an effective plan of action to be followed in case of an asthmatic attack and get regular check-ups throughout the season. If you notice your symptoms worsening as the weather gets colder, talk to your doctor about changing your medication and its dosage. Do not skip your medication or stop it unless your doctor tells you to.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body.
Here is the homeopathic treatment for it:
- Influenzinum - It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health.
- Aconitum or aconite - Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
- Allium cepa - Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
- Aconite - This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna - Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur - This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Pulsatilla - yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive. Homeopathy does'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.
The pelvic area has a number of muscles which need to be maintained healthy for optimal urinary and reproductive functions. From being able to start and maintain a good flow of urine to erections that last long, these muscles play a significant role.
These exercises were developed by Dr. Arnold Kegel in the 1940s, originally used to tighten the vagina after vaginal birth. Soon, their benefits in men were discovered and so they are today widely advised for both men and women.
How does it work?
The main idea of the Kegel exercise is to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. It runs from the tailbone up to the pelvic bone and is shaped like a hammock. Strengthening this muscle allows for better functioning of the sphincters, giving better control over urination as well as ejaculation.
There are 4 simple steps to doing the Kegel exercise that is find, contract, hold, and release; and repeat. Read on to know more.
Find: The pelvic floor muscles control the urine stream and the anal opening, so the next time you are urinating, try to stop midstream and locate the muscle. Without any tension on the legs or the abdomen, try to lift the pelvic floor upward.
Contract: The first step is to contract the pelvic floor muscle, while continuing to breathe.
Hold: When you start doing it, it might be difficult to hold it for more than a few seconds. This will gradually increase with time. Make a mental note of it to track progress.
Release and repeat: Release the muscle and repeat for up to 10 times, each contraction lasting for 10 seconds
This simple exercise is advised by doctors to men will manage a variety of issues. The fact that it can be done anywhere, requires no equipment and is so simple, but so effective have added to its popularity.
The stronger pelvic floor muscles improve blood flow to the penis, providing harder, longer lasting erections.
The volume and force of ejaculation will also be improved greatly with repeated Kegels, leading to stronger orgasms
Improved control over the muscles improves sexual stamina, thereby allowing you to control your orgasm
Used in managing urinary incontinence
Nocturnal urination can be managed by regular Kegel exercises
Prolapse of pelvic organs can be prevented
Because of these varied benefits, it is widely used by doctors and sexual experts in a number of patients.
Swollen ankles are very common among older people. Sometimes even young people suffer from this disease. There can be many possible reasons for swollen ankles. Some of the main and most relevant causes for swollen ankles are as follows:
- Injury on ankle
- Sprained ankle
- Venous insufficiency
- Lymph edema
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Some medications, including calcium channel blockers, steroids or even antidepressants
Homeopathic treatment for swollen ankles
The main treatment for swollen ankles actually requires a great deal of investigation in the field of homeopathic genre. Each and every case is investigated thoroughly and also analysed to a huge depth before prescribing any kind of homeopathic medication. The swollen ankles which are caused due to injury, sprain and arthritis can be independently handled by a homeopathic treatment. But in case of any other serious organ injury, homeopathic medicines are mainly used for treatment along with other kinds of advanced medications. Homeopathic medication should be considered only after consulting a good physician. Self-medication must be strictly avoided.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for treating swollen ankles include the following:
- Apis Mellifica and Apocynum: Apis Mellifica and Apocynum are considered to be the best medicines for dropsical swollen ankles, also referred to as edema. Here the swelling is caused due to excess water retention or even due to water accumulation in the tissues.
- Ledum Pal: If you are experiencing swollen ankles due to arthritis, Ledum Pal is your go-to homeopathic medicine. In such cases, the affected person usually experiences painful and hot swollen ankles.
- Arnica: Another medicine of all times, especially for swollen ankles, is Arnica. It is the most effective medicine for swollen ankles caused due to an injury. Arnica works in a wondrous way to reduce the pain and the swelling of the ankles from injury which are bruised and feel sore to touch.
- Ruta: Ruta is primarily prescribed for swollen ankles resulting from sprain. A sprain is defined as the overstretching of the ligaments, mainly in the area of joints.
- Hamamelis: This homeopathic medicine, which is highly effective in treating swollen ankles, primarily caused due to varicose veins or venous insufficiency, is Hamamelis. It is the best rated medicine among its category.
If you are suffering from a swollen ankle, neither be indifferent it to, nor delay its treatment for long. It is recommended that you consult an experienced homeopathic practitioner to get the best medicine for your condition.
Hernia may be defined as the protrusion of an organ into an adjacent connective tissue or muscle. The protrusion usually occurs through a tear or a weakened area in the muscle (Fascia). The hernia may be Inguinal Hernia, Umbilical Hernia, Hiatal Hernia or Femoral Hernia. The hernia can also originate from an incision (Incisional Hernia). The Inguinal Hernia is commonly observed in males. Here, the intestine squeezes through a tear in the abdominal wall into the groin (inguinal canal). At times, the small intestine bulges through the abdominal wall (weak spot) near the bellybutton. This results in Umbilical Hernia. In Hiatal Hernia, the upper part of the stomach passes into the chest through the diaphragm. Of all the hernia types, the Inguinal Hernia is the most common.
Severe strain and muscle tear or weakness can result in hernia. Obesity, chronic constipation, chronic coughing and sneezing, ageing, damage caused by injury, medical conditions like Cystic Fibrosis, contribute to increased incidences of hernia. In case of hernia, the affected area tends to protrude or bulge out. If left untreated; hernia can prove to be detrimental. One needs to consult a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment. Physical examination can help in the diagnosis of Inguinal Hernia. An ultrasound is needed to diagnose Umbilical Hernia. A Barium X -ray or endoscopy can be of great help in the diagnosis of Hiatal Hernia.
The severity of the hernia depends upon its size. In case the hernia is rapidly increasing in size, a surgery is needed for the repair. The surgery performed can be Open or Laparoscopic. In open surgery, hernia is identified through an incision. Once located, the hernia is removed from the adjacent tissues. In Laparoscopic Repair, small incisions are made in the affected region. Through these incisions, specialized instruments are inserted. It is through these instruments that the surgeon visualizes and performs the surgery. In such repair, a mesh, held in place by sutures is used as a scaffold. This facilitates the growth of new tissues in the affected person. This technique significantly lowers the chances of a recurrence.
Certain factors needs to be well addressed before performing hernia operation-
- Hernia operations, Laparoscopic in particular, should be performed by experienced surgeons. Inexperienced surgeons will do you more harm than good.
- Laparoscopic hernia operation should be avoided in case a patient has adhesions from previous surgery.
- Extreme care should be taken while performing a hernia operation in infants and children.
- In some cases, hernia surgery might affect or injure the vas deferens in men. This in turn can affect fertility in men.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Bloating is the condition you experience when your gastrointestinal or GI tract is filled with air or gas.
It is felt as a feeling of fullness, tightness, or swelling in the abdomen. Your abdomen is usually perceptibly swollen or distended and feels hard and painful during a bloat.
Bloating is sometimes accompanied by:
- Flatulence or excessive abdominal gas
- Frequent burping or belching
- Rumbling in abdomen
Bloating and gas usually occur due to what we eat and how. This is why bloating can be controlled by making a few simple changes in diet.
Causes and prevention
There are three common causes of bloating like:
- Overeating: The foremost cause of bloating is overeating. Eating smaller portions can treat and prevent bloats. Fatty foods can cause bloating. Eating less fatty and fried foods can help. Fat also takes longer to digest than protein or carbohydrates; hence it keeps the stomach full for longer which can cause a bloat. Avoid bloating by limiting fats. Eating too fast is also a cause of bloating. Eat more slowly to avoid both bloating and overeating.
- Reducing Gas: This is the second largest cause of bloating. We may not know it but swallowed air is a big cause of abdominal gas. Gas is also produced by bacteria in the gut that help digest food. The GI tract usually moves the gas through the intestines out of the body. But, if it’s unable to do so, you can experience gas and bloating.
To avoid bloating caused by gas, you should make a note to avoid these habits that increase how much air you swallow through your mouth:
- Drinking liquids through a straw
- Chewing gum
- Drinking too many carbonated beverages
Foods that cause bloating
Difficult-to-digest foods can cause bloating and gas. Some of these are:
- Beans and lentils: They contain indigestible sugars called oligosaccharides which have to be broken down by bacteria in the intestines.
- Fruits and vegetables: Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, prunes, apricots are all gas-producing veggies. These contain sugars and starches that may cause bloating.
- Sweeteners: These can also cause gas and bloating. Sorbitol is an artificial sweetener popular amongst weight watchers. But the problem with it is that it can’t be digested. Similarly, Fructose sugar which is a natural sugar added to many processed foods is difficult to digest. To avoid bloating, eat less of sweeteners and curb your sweet tooth.
- Dairy: Dairy products can also cause intestinal distress and bloating, if you are lactose intolerant.
- Whole grains: These can sometimes cause bloating and gassiness. This happens because of the high fibre content in whole grains. Fibre is an indigestible carbohydrate and eating lots of it suddenly causes distress, gas, bloating, and constipation.
It’s best to slowly increase the intake of fibre in your diet to allow your body time to adjust. Also, drink more water while increasing fibre in your diet as fibre absorbs water and so water helps the fibre move through the digestive tract and prevents bloating and constipation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Speech therapy is a very distinct form of science that is often misunderstood by people in general. While the benefits of such a therapy is countless, people misinterpret what the therapy actually involves and what it does not. If you are avoiding speech therapy due to the following reasons, you should stop doing so as these are nothing but fabricated myths.
- Speech therapy is all about talking: Do not think that speech therapy only involves talking with the therapist. The therapy focuses on the overall communication skills of a person, which definitely involves the speech but also the intricacies of articulation and body language. Sign aids and comprehension skills are also paid attention to in such a therapy session. So, if you feel that you have a problem regarding any one of these aspects, you need to visit a speech therapist.
- Speech therapy is uninteresting: Nothing can be further from the truth than this. In fact, a visit to a dentist can be boring, but a visit to a speech therapist will always involve interesting activities such as tongue twisters. The therapists often treat children, which means that their offices, house toys, and other games designed to indulge the minds of infants as well.
- A qualified speech therapist is needed for the therapy: Another myth, which needs to be dispelled, is that only a qualified speech therapist can help improve the speech of a person. In fact, any person who has a vast knowledge of diction, linguistic insight, and knowledge of grammar can help people with speech impairment. So, before visiting the doctor, the adults in the family should try and clear out the impairment themselves.
- Speech therapy fixes issues in the snap of a finger: As with any kind of treatment, speech therapy does not work like magic. It is a continuous and long process that needs to be followed through. The pace of this treatment depends on the patient. Some patients are more receptive to this therapy than others. So, there is no guideline for the treatment of all speech-impaired individuals and one needs to be treated and allowed to get better at their own pace.
- Your child will automatically learn perfect speech: If your child suffers from a speech impairment, do not delay a therapy session by thinking that he/she will automatically learn to speak better as they grow up. This way of thinking is not beneficial and hinders the eventual treatment for the impairment. The speech therapist can help you better if you bring your child to him/her as soon as you detect an issue. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Chest pain is a common problem that most people experience. Chest pain can signal anything from a muscle cramp to even an impending heart attack. You should never ignore symptoms of chest pain as it can signal a serious underlying disorder. The details about chest pain are not described here as it is beyond the scope of this article. The focus is on various homeopathic remedies to treat symptoms of chest pain.
Homeopathy is an alternative system of medicine that was started in the year 1796, by Samuel Hahnemann. It is based on the premise that the substance that causes a disorder, if introduced in the right quantity in the body, will cure the same disease. Compared to mainstream medicine, homeopathy products are not synthetic and are free from any side effect.
Homeopathic remedies for chest pain:
The homeopathic remedies that are given below not only treat pain effectively, but also get rid of the actual cause of the pain. The best thing about these remedies is that they are completely free from any side effect, whatsoever. The various homeopathic remedies for chest pain are:
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is effective in treating pain that spreads to the shoulders from the chest; these symptoms tend to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Arnica Mont: If you experience chest pain along with soreness in the body, this remedy is prescribed.
- Ranunculus B: In case of intercostal rheumatism wherein you experience pain in the muscle between the ribs, this remedy is usually recommended by the practitioner.
- Kali carb: Kali carb is used to treat stitching pain in the chest that worsens during the early hours of the morning.
- Rumex C: This remedy is used to treat pain that develops in the left lung, followed by coughing.
- Bryonia: For a stabbing or a burning chest pain that worsens when you move, Bryonia is considered to be the appropriate remedy.
- Phosphorus: This remedy is recommended when you experience heavy coughing and chest pain caused by pneumonia or tuberculosis.
- Carbo-veg: Carbo-veg is used to treat chest pain resulting from acidity, gas and indigestion.
- Robinia: This remedy is used to treat symptoms of chest pain that originates from behind the sternum (breastbone) as a result of acidity. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you are diabetic, know that high blood pressure level can take a severe toll on your eyes in the form of blurry vision, cataract, glaucoma and retinopathy, if left unchecked. It can even lead to partial/complete blindness in young adults. Nonetheless, a strict control over your blood sugar count would prove effective in preventing such eye complications in the long run.
How does diabetes affect the eyes?
Blurry Vision: Diabetes can cause swelling of the eye and damage to your vision. In case you are already using glasses, it might bring about fluctuations in your optical power. Once your blood sugar count gets back to the normal level; that is within the range of 70 to 130 milligrams per deciliter, your vision would be normal again; though this might take some time (about 3 months).
Cataract: Eye lens works just like a camera, helping you to focus on a particular object. Cataract is a condition wherein this lens gets clouded with debris. Nevertheless, diabetic patients are more vulnerable to cataracts as compared to others. It has to be removed with a surgery wherein an artificial lens replaces the blurry eye lens.
Glaucoma: Pressure starts building up within the eyes when fluids do not get drained out normally. This damages the nerves and blood vessels, thereby causing vision loss, blurred vision, watery eyes and headaches. Generally, glaucoma can be cured with laser, surgery, eye drops or medicines. Medications do help in alleviating eye pressure, reducing excessive fluid production and facilitating drainage. Having said that, diabetics are likely to develop neovascular glaucoma, a rare complication wherein new blood vessels form on the iris (the ring-shaped colored region in the eye), obstructing the normal fluid flow and further increasing the eye pressure.
Diabetic Retinopathy: The retina is a cluster of cells behind the eyes that absorb light and converts them into images which are then transmitted to the brain through the optic nerve. High blood sugar levels damage the tiny blood vessels of the retina, leading to a condition called Diabetic retinopathy.
The stages of diabetic retinopathy
The retina requires a constant blood supply via a network of small blood vessels. In due course of time, a high blood sugar count might damage those blood vessels; primarily across three stages:
Background Retinopathy: This is a condition wherein tiny lumps develop in your blood vessels, causing slight bleeding that usually does not affect your eye sight.
Pre-proliferative Retinopathy: This is a condition characterized by significant bleeding from the eyes as a result of the blood vessels being severely affected.
Proliferative Retinopathy: Proliferative retinopathy is a condition wherein new blood vessels and scar tissues that bleed easily develop on the retina, leading to vision loss.
Are you at risk?
The risks of Diabetic retinopathy increase if one is suffering from diabetes. Apart from this, certain other factors could also aggravate the chances of this disorder:
Rise or fall in blood sugar
Rise in the blood pressure level
Excessive consumption of tobacco
When should you call a doctor?
When you experience spots in your vision
In case of blurred and fluctuating vision
Impaired color vision
Sudden loss of vision
Redness and pain in the eyes
These signs serve as an early wake up call. However, it’s not mandatory for these signs to indicate towards diabetic retinopathy.
How to protect your eyes from diabetes and keep them healthy?
Get your eyes checked periodically and try and maintain a steady blood sugar count.
Take the prescribed medicines on time.
Try to achieve and then maintain optimal weight levels.
Avoid a sedentary lifestyle and engage in some sort of physical activity.
Control your cholesterol levels by picking the right kind of foods.
Abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption.
Opt for a healthy diet comprising of green and leafy vegetables, oily fish, tuna, salmon; protein rich foods such as beans, nuts and eggs; citrus fruits such as oranges; pork and oysters.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!