Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Vapi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tirth Desai
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tirth DesaiYour feedback matters!
I have an yellow marks in my teeth what I can do now please help me as soon as possible by home remedy we trust this.
I am having pain in my moral tooth with some swelling. What can be reason for that and is it a serious problem?
After fixing 6 teeth last year, now I am feeling pain in gums and last original tooth, what should I do, kindly advise.
Whether the question is based on cost or time or your health, a root canal is always the best option (not better) as long as your teeth are in a condition to be saved by a root canal procedure. Even a costly and advanced treatment procedure such as a dental implant treatment cannot wholly replicate the function of a natural tooth. So, better save your own teeth.
And regarding the cost of treatment, the price of tooth extraction may be less, but when you add up the cost of replacement teeth with either an implant or a bridge, the cost becomes much more than a root canal followed by a crown.
And you can't leave a lost space without replacing with an artificial tooth as it may lead to a variety of problems.
Various causes of sensitivity in teeth include:
1. Forceful brushing of teeth – it is the most common cause of tooth sensitivity. It causes thinning of the protective layer on our teeth that is enamel. Enamel protects our teeth against insult from food or fluids we take. Loss of enamel leads to sensitivity of teeth
• Gentle brushing of teeth
• Use soft bristle brush
• Change brush after 3- 6 months ( as the bristles wear away)
• Use little toothpaste ( toothpaste has abrasive particles which causes
wear away of enamel)
• Do brushing in up-down movement
2. Tooth decay – caries in tooth leads to tooth sensitivity. Caries remove the protective enamel layer exposing dentine layer to food and fluids. Dentine carries nerves which causes sensitivity
Remedy: Treatment involves removal of tooth decay and placement of
protective barrier on dentine that is a filling material
3. Old tooth fillings – over a period of time fillings may crack or break or get removed which leads to sensitivity.
Remedy: Change of filling in tooth
4. Exposed tooth roots- as a result of aggressive tooth brushing, gum recession and gum disease. It causes tooth sensitivity.
• Use soft bristle brush
• Visit your dentist for gum disease treatment
5. Plaque and calculus - the purpose of brushing is to remove plaque that forms after eating food. An excessive build-up of plaque can cause your enamel to wear away. Again, your teeth can become more sensitive as they lose their enamel protection.
Remedy: The solution is to practice good daily dental care and visit your
dentist for cleanings every six months.
6. Habit of eating acidic foods -fruits like lemon, sweet lime, pickles and tomato juice contains acid which can dissolve enamel of teeth. Frequent use of acidic food causes tooth sensitivity.
7. Habit of tooth-grinding – grinding also cause tooth sensitivity due to loss of enamel.
Tooth sensitivity is treatable. You must have seen toothpaste made for sensitive teeth. However, toothpaste can only help limited no. of patient’s suffering from tooth sensitivity.
If your sensitivity is extreme and persists no matter what you do, please visit your dentist for an oral examination. Visit to dental specialist can determine the most likely cause of your tooth sensitivity and the best solution for your particular condition. I Hope this article will help you.