Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Vadodara. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Heena ParekhYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am big fan of you doctor heena parekh ....thanks for my query .you can contact me on mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Heena Parekh to be very helpful. Thank you ma'am
Dt. Heena Parekh provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you doctor
Eating healthy is a key to an active life. It sometimes becomes difficult to choose a particular diet plan as you are not too sure about what to eat that will help you lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to eat natural foods which help in maintaining your waistline than processed foods which promise the same. Following is a list of 7 very basic natural foods which help you lose weight and also takes care of your health:
- Broccoli - Broccoli is one of the most effective foods which can help you lose weight. It contains several micronutrients and phytochemicals which aid in weight loss by breaking down fats. Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and low in calories and yet satisfies your hunger. You can eat it raw, cooked or as a healthy snack. Add this green vegetable to your regular diet and hasten your weight loss process.
- Oats - Oats is a healthy addition to your diet as it high on nutrients and fiber. You should include it in the regular diet for at least 4 times a week if you want to lose weight. You can customize your serving to add more nutritional value to your meal. Avoid sugary toppings as they are high in calories and do not promote weight loss. Do not consume oats with added flavors or any other synthetic ingredients.
- Apples - Apples are low in calories and rich in fiber. It is a perfect snack which is sweet and satisfying at the same time. It not only helps you to lose weight but also effectively controls your blood cholesterol. Apples contain antioxidants which have a lot of health benefits other than aiding weight loss. Fresh apples are considered to be even more effective in this regard.
- Cabbage - Cabbage contains only 17 calories in a serving and is one of the best foods for weight loss. You can cook it in olive oil and season it with herbs and add it to your regular diet. Cabbage also helps fight cancer among its other beneficial qualities. It reduces your calorie intake and also satisfies your appetite. It also acts as a natural detox and works wonders for your overall health.
- Black beans - Black beans are one of the most satisfying proteins which you can consume during weight loss. They are rich in fiber and protein and keep you full for a long time. They contain soluble fiber which helps you fight cholesterol problems. The insoluble fiber in black beans maintains your digestive system and regulates the bowels.
- Fruit yogurt - You can see visible results if you cut down your overall calorie intake and supplement it with yogurt in your regular diet. The calcium in yogurt restricts the production of cortisol and controls your appetite. Yogurt also contains amino acids which contribute in burning fat. You can add fruits like blueberry or aloe vera to your yogurt to make it a tastier and healthier snack.
- Whole bean salad - Whole bean salad is simple to prepare and is a very healthy snack. It is filling and keeps your hunger pangs at bay. You can put bell peppers and sweet corn to add flavors and toss it in olive oil to keep it healthy.
Many people feel hungry throughout the day. They are lethargic until they lay their hands on food. These bouts of hunger go on like a vicious circle and if not resisted it can lead to health issues.
- A high- fiber diet can prevent unnecessary hunger- Your diet should be rich in fiber. Body takes a longer span of time to digest fiber rich food. It also makes you feel full for hours together. Having fiber will keep your bowel movements in control and is therefore healthy. Remember to add extra fiber to your bowl of cereals or salad to keep pangs of hunger at bay.
- Divide one heavy meal into two smaller meals- Eating heavy meals and that too less frequently is really bad for your health. This can make you feel hungry time and again. To control the constant rumbling inside your tummy, you should divide one big meal into two or more smaller meals. For instance, if you were supposed to eat sandwiches, boiled eggs and soup for lunch, you should probably eat sandwiches at noon and eat the soup and eggs any time later in the day.
- Never be a fast eater- Jumping on your food is the worst way of tackling things. Research studies show how a human brain takes more than twenty minutes to tell your body it is full and satisfied. If you don't wish to overeat throughout the day, you must consume your food slowly. This way the brain takes more time in realizing it is full and thus further time in feeling subsequent hunger.
- Eat sufficiently during mealtime- Many tend to eat inadequately during mealtime and as soon as they are done with their food they feel hungry. It is important to fill yourself sufficiently when you are already eating. A person snacking on carrots and corns can keep away from binge eating.
- Drink more glasses of water- Every person should drink around three to four liters of water. Drinking water half an hour after a meal can keep your gustatory concerns in check for long. Water keeps you hydrated, helps in digestion and controls unnecessary hunger.
- Eat a good amount of protein- Protein makes you full in very little time and thus doesn't need to be consumed in great quantities. It will make you feel content for long as your blood sugar levels are in balance through protein consumption. Protein takes time to be digested.
I'm under weight my health is not healthy, I want to gain my weight in healthy way please suggest me.
Age 29 Height 5 feet Weight 62 kg Suffering from irregular period from 2014. Got myself checked with doctors. everything report came positive .my thyroid level are normal. I was never fat until 2012 after that I started gaining weight overall bt especially abdomen fat and fat around pubic area and thighs. My lifestyle is also nt normal. I skip breakfasts. I just want to know. If I loose some weight. Is it possible to regulate my menstruation? I am having hair fall also. My scalp ia showing now days. Pls help.
Hi, I need to reduce weight on my arms n thighs. I have been doing brisk walk for quite sometime now but I do not see any difference. I have stopped having junk food too. Pls suggest.
I am kidney transplant patient. My current weight is 85 kg. Doctor suggested me to come around 80 kg for less diabetes risk. So wat should be my food plan and exercise plan?
My friend want to gain weight but due to busy schedule she can't do work out & not eat properly. Their is some voice from her stomach always, she fill tired some times. It will affect to her regular periods flow is very less she is little bit stress because of this thickness & tires. She don't have that much time for workout is anybody suggest what she have to do in this situation.
I am 50 years old .my T3 is 1.08 T4 is 9.56 TSH is 10.09.loosing weight rapidly and HDL is 35 LDLis 129 what medication n precaution should I take gall bladder is also removed due to stone 4 years back. I am very much worried.
My weight is 49 kg. I am 32 years old. I want to gain weight. please suggest food which I should eat for gaining weight. And meals too.
My name is sunita and I am 38 years old female and my weight is 89 kg pls tell your best diet chart to loss my weight.
I have a scare on my left arm. How I can vanish that? Also I have no weight to my height. How can I manage my weight?
Protein is the key for muscle building; this will help you gain weight. Help yourself to nuts and dairy products.