Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Viren Jethva
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Viren JethvaYour feedback matters!
My mother is taking bp medicine from last four years, but from last one month her behaviour has changed, she is behaveing strangely if anybody refuses her order her bp rises and she use to repeat some acts again and again as washing her feet.
What happens before, during and after a heart attack? WebMD explains the causes of heart attacks, which affect 1 million Americans every year,
I'm 22 years old. I've been smoking for 6 months. When I started smoking, I used to smoke 10 cigarettes in a day. 1 month ago I started smoking 2 cigarettes a day. 2 weeks ago I was having liquor on a friend's birthday (I drink occasionally) after that we had vaang with malai kulfi. First 1 hour I was ok but then when I got back home, I started feeling suffocated and also started vomiting, feeling weak, legs started shaking, chest pain etc. I took pankreoflat after that and PAN40 and everything came back to normal. Next day I was alright and had home made breakfast, lunch, dinner and didn't smoke. 2 days later I had pizza and I felt uneasy. It felt like something stuck inside my chest. I was shocked but it got stopped after few hours of rest. From then on I started taking home made food and take green tea twice in a day and drink lots of water. But sometimes I feel like the food is not going down , it gets stuck somewhere in chest. I also feel chest pain in the morning. Is this digestion problem or lungs problem and what should I do now?
I suffer from Diabetes and Hypertension! I am 62 and weighs 61 KG. I got married and have two children! I use Telma 20 1 tab, Januvia 100 1 tab, Glycomet- GP 0-5 1/2 tab two times, Ecosprin-AV 75 1 tab, Polybion CZS 1 tab and Bon D 1 tab. I walk and do small exercise. Please tell me how to improve my health.
I am 26 years old. I feel a pain in my right side chest before ,now I feel pain in around my back shoulder blade. Its been like 4 months now. And always sometimes I feel exhausted.
I am suffering from dry cugh for last week. And I have chest pain whenever cugh hard. Can you suggest an ayurvedic home treatment.?
Our survival is solely reliant on the working of the heart. It is this that makes the prospect of a heart failure so fatal and so terrifying. Notwithstanding what the heart evokes, a heart failure is not indicative of a defunct heart; but only a situation when the heart pumps weaker than what is generally deemed as natural. Consequently, the blood flows at a slower rate to the heart and the body that in turn increases pressure in the heart. The oxygen that is produced by the heart in such a scenario is scanty and insufficient for the body.
body responds with its own defense mechanism, as the heart, in an attempt to hold more blood, stretches its chambers. Though this strenuous effort may keep the blood moving, it would gradually and inevitably weary the heart with all the effort. Subsequently, the kidney responds by retaining more salt and fluid in the body. These fluids may accumulate in different parts of the body, mainly in the legs, feet, ankles leading to congestion in the body. This very condition in medical terminology is referred to as congestive heart failure.
Different causes can contribute to the onset of such a fatal condition. Some of them are
- Coronary artery disease: In such a condition, the arteries supply insufficient amount of oxygen and blood to the heart. Subsequently, the heart receives scanty amount of nutrients and oxygen.
- Heart attack: The sudden, unanticipated blockage of the coronary artery and the ensuing stoppage of the flow of the blood lead to a heart attack. The heart muscles are damaged in such a case and prevent the proper functioning.
- Diseases: Though the term may be generic and over expansive, most of the ailments which people suffer from tend to manifest themselves by posing a potential threat to the functioning of the heart. A high blood pressure, kidney disease, even a thyroid disease can cause congestive heart failure.
Every disorder is preceded by certain symptoms, and congestive heart failure is no different. Some of them are
- Fatigue: This is one of the most perceptible symptoms of congestive heart failure. One of the earliest premonitions of an impending heart failure is a nagging sense of weariness and lethargy.
- Swelling: As the condition is characterized by accumulation and build-up of fluids in various part of the body, swelling is an inevitable symptom of this condition and a clear indication of the ailment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!