Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. StoorthyYour feedback matters!
Having knee pain since 2 weeks. Cannot bend knee while walking. Ankle swelling is also there. Tried having cartigen and rumalaya. Having this problem since 15 years but last 2 weeks is really painful. He cannot walk properly. Please suggest something. Thanks in advance.
Tips for backache:
Heavy objects should be pushed rather than pulled.
The weight of the objects should be taken in your bent legs and arms and not in your back.
During an acute attack sleep with a pillow under the knees.
Choose shoes that offer good support in the arch and have low, but not flat, heels.
Prop up one foot on a box or low stool when you're standing for a long time.
Use a chair that provides support for your back, or tuck a little pillow behind your lower back.
Tips to improve balance/alignment/motion:
Lift your leg so your thigh is parallel to the ground while touching a wall. Hold it for five breaths.
For alignment, move side to side while sitting on a balance ball.
For motion, try moving forward and backward on the ball.
I'm 20 years old male I am suffering from the backache and stomach infections too from last month. I had taken medicine too but did not get relief please suggest me any better medicine to get cured.
I am 40 years old. I am suffering from l 4, l5 disc problem and bulging. May I able to continue my sexual life? I have spondylitis problem also.
I am 26 years old female I have back ache for the last 3 months I have used many medicines and creams but have nt any use what to do.
I have knee joint pain since one week severely so I am unable to walk long distance please what should you are suggest me.
My immunity is very weak. So many cold and cough and other disease effect on my body easily for long time. And diseases not resolve easily. My body suffer from very tiredness and joint pains.
Sir I have got fracture in my wrist 1.5 months ago. Now I m feeling so much of pain even in slight movement of my wrist it is not rotating even plaster bhi off ho gaya h. Please help me. I can not handle this pain.
I have a lower back pain from last 2 yrs, I took mri scanning Dr. suggested to operation. I am 21 years old, does it right for surgery.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.