Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. StoorthyYour feedback matters!
Hamstring injury -
A hamstring injury is a strain or tear to the tendons or large muscles at the back of the thigh.
The hamstrings are tendons (strong bands of tissue) at the back of the thighs the hamstrings are tendons (strong bands of tissue) at the back of the thighs that attach the large thigh muscle to the bone. Hamstring muscles aren't used much while standing or walking, but they're very active during activities that involve bending the knee, such as running, jumping and climbing.
The hamstringswhat causes hamstring injuries?
How do I know if i've injured my hamstring?
When to see your physiotherapist recovery?
It's a common injury in athletes and the three grades injury are:
- Grade 1 – a mild muscle pull
- Strain (few days to heal, whereas it could take) weeks
- Grade 2 – a partial muscle tear grade 2 recovery time depends from a hamstring strain or tear will depend on how severe the injury is)
- Grade3 – a complete muscle tear (may take a for months)
What causes hamstring injuries?
- A hamstring injury can occur if any of the tendons or muscles are stretched beyond their limit- during sudden, explosive movements, such as sprinting, lunging or jumping,
- Can also occur more gradually, or during slower movements that overstretch your hamstring.
- Recurring injury is common in athletes and sportsmen, more likely to injure your hamstring if injured it before.
- Preventive care - regularly doing stretching and strengthening exercises, and warming up before exercise, may help reduce the risk of injuring your hamstring.
How do I know if i've injured my hamstring?
Mild hamstring strains (grade 1) will usually cause sudden pain the back of your thigh. It may be painful to move your leg, but the strength of the muscle shouldn't be affected.
Partial hamstring tears (grade 2) are usually more painful and tender. There may also be some swelling and bruising at the back of your thigh and you may have lost some strength in your leg.
Severe hamstring tears (grade 3) will usually be very painful, tender, swollen and bruised. There may have been a" popping" sensation at the time of the injury and you'll be unable to use the affected leg.
When to see your physio -
It's not healing, or your symptoms are getting worse.
Your physiotherapist also advise you about when you can return to your normal activities and what exercises you should do to aid your recovery in the meantime.
Rest and recovery
Recovering from a hamstring injury may take days, weeks or months but if you visit physio it mostly takes 10 to 15 days.
A completely torn hamstring (grade 3) may take several months to heal and you'll be unable to resume training or play sport during this time.
During the first two or three days, you should care for your injury using rice therapy:
- Rest – keep your leg as still as you possibly can and avoid physical activity, crutches in more severe cases.
- Ice – apply cold packs 15 to 20 minutes every two to three hours during the day. Don't apply ice directly to your skin.
- Compression – compress or bandage the thigh to limit any swelling and movement that could cause further damage.
- Elevation – keep your leg raised and supported on a pillow.
My mother 61 years old have been using R2-10 .now she got telmisartan 20 mg as a replacement for it. .is it advisable one to go?
I am suffering from bronchospasm since last year during changing weather what should I take to cure this.
I am facing knee joint pain while sitting for a long time. Why is it so? What remedies should I take?
I have a back ache problem some one suggested me flex on Mr. will it work good for my back and it will not cause any side effect.
I am 25 years old and I am having severe back shoulder pain since about 2 months when I got it for the first time while playing cricket. What should I do?
Sir/madam my wife is 45 years old she suffering back pain lower side and I expain in hindi (pindliyo maindard and jhanjhanahat aur kamar main dard aur jalan hoti hai kripya upaay bataye) thanks. Narender Singh.
My mother had left knee replacement 1 month ago.She is doing physiotherapy at home and has pain and heaviness of leg till now.When will it get reduced?operation was done on 30th January,2015.
I have LBP and radiation in both leg below waist since last 6-7 year & now pain in neck also. I have taken advised from orthopedician & he advised for MRI of spine. That report is normal.in other diagnosis my Vit D3 and folate label is lower for that I am taking folvite 5 mg OD & Ultra D3 weekly since last 1 month. But no improvement in pain and radiation. Pls advise.
I am asif kasmani my problem is back pain its hurt lots off sir I rub ma back daily with vicks and new new medicine I also using patanjali product.
I feel soreness in lower back and tail bone area after playing or exercise. I tell little weak. And I have full body muscle twitching. What is this because and what the solution?
Yesterday in gym I got muscle pull in my neck and right shoulder. Since then, I am hav excruciating pain if I try to move my neck or shoulder to a certain angle. I took Cronin pain relief in afternoon but no effect. Aftr dinr took a Muscle relaxant but to no effect. Took one more an hr ago still no effect. What to do?
I have acute waist pain during one week for that I cannot sleep properly especially in morning please help me out.
My mother is 65 yrs & she is a breast cancer patient. She use to take medicine like letronat 2.5 & ccm daily & osteofos 70 once in a week for the last 3yrs. It is observed for the last 3 months she is feeling pain in knee & tenderness in lower part of the leg muscle. Her weight is 62 kgs. Please advise remedy.
Hi My dad is facing problem in his left leg from a few months and now the problem has become acute and we are still not able to find a good doctor who could determine what the actual problem is! a few days back he had severe swelling in his left lag. We went to the doctor who was specialized in veins[since my dad was saying he is feeling the pain and the stretch in veins]. He did sonography and xray and said everything is perfect this problem just might me due to the obesity[since my dad is a little obes, we thought it might be the reason] but those medicines dint workout and we asked us to visit the heart specialist. We went to the heart specialist and he did ecg and 2d sonography and gave medicines for heart saying that heart is facing pressure on the right side nd it is slightly increasing from that side. This pressure might be due to the pressure on lungs due to the weight issue. Then he referred us to a lung specialist, we went to him and he gave some other medications too. The swelling went down because of all the medications my dad took. But, his left leg is still paining a lot and on various part of his leg we can see the veins are getting infected the clusture can be easily seen with green color. I had somewhere read about varicose veins so I went to the doctor to ask if dad is suffering from it bbut he said no he is not! But, my dad is still facing a lot of problem and he cannot walk properly nor can he sit. Please help me.
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.