Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shreyas ShahYour feedback matters!
I have 15-20 ulcers on my tongue and mouth I am unable to speak and tomorrow is my interview. I have tried all the measures like tulsi honey and coconut and also orasore tube with medicines Pls suggest some fast relief giving methods.
I have pain at my right side upper jaw one black dot has formed in my jaw teeth. Please tell me what should i do?
I am 29 years old, an there is some problem on my tongue, some portion of my tongue is looks white, and its burning when I eat chilly or spicy curry's. And sometime paining on effected area, can you please tell me about this problem and solution.? Thank you.
Hi! I'm 21 years old and I'm having mouth ulcer problem from last two weeks. I have taken many b complex tablets but it won't have given any relief to me. So help me out of this. Plz! Hepl me.
Some times bad smell comes from my mouth and a yellowish layer formed at the inner part of the teeth. How could I remove it. Please give me suggestion.
Please suggest me something to make my teeth bright as I used to eat tobacco products. I stop eating but it shows no effect to my teeth.
I have yellow teeth and mild tartar. Which toothpaste should I use to get white teeth and control tartar. In case I visit a dentist. How much would the treatment cost me?
Everyday my mouth gives so bad breath It creates a very bad image of me in public anyone cannot talk with me directly what should I do.
Sir, I'm about 19 year old student. I'm trying for defense field like army, navy, and air force and I'm selected also but in medical test they reject me because of my teeth. There is a large cavity in my two teeth that's why can you guide me or help me how to fill this cavity or if I'm replace my teeth to artificial teeth then how much cost I have to pay. Please guide me. I consult with private doctor they told me first we remove your teeth and then we do root canal after that we fit cyram teeth I don't know about cyram teeth. Cyram teeth is best or any other option I have and this process charges is about 10000 to 12000 this changes is very high that's why I need your help.
I have teeth problem. Sometime it's paining and blood coming out from it. Please give me a proper solution as soon as possible. Thank you.
I had mouth ulcers frm my age of 13, I m not cured by it upto now. I am using many medicines. But it was recurring. I want solution.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.