Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akshita Shah
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Akshita ShahYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes from 10days what shal I do for please tell and I have pain in eyes from 2days I have couf from 1month please tell me precaution for it.
I am preparing for exams. Since the last 4 months I've been studying all day and nights and now my eyes are aching. I can't focus anymore because of my itching eyes. Can you suggest me something?
I am student age 23 yrs. I have vision problem. I am using spectacles which have .5 (right eye) and .75 (left eye) cylindrical number. I feel headache when I put off my glasses. I go for running daily. How can I remove my specs permanently in improve my vision?
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
I am suffering from long distance eye sight. How to recover my eyesight and remove my glasses and become physically fit.
I m using power glass for past 4 years. My question is how to I enhance my eye vision without using surgery.
There is a marked difference between having big eyes and eyes that bulge abnormally. This abnormality should not be confused with having large eyes. Bulging eyes can be defined as eyes where the white of the eyes is visible above the cornea (circular black portion of the eye). Medically, this is referred to as Proptosis or Exophthalmos.
Eyes protrude from the eye sockets if there is a swelling of muscles, fat or tissue behind the eyes. This is dangerous because it exposes the cornea and makes it difficult for the eyes to stay moist and lubricated. In extreme cases, it can also put the optic nerve under pressure and lead to potential vision loss. This is especially serious if noticed only in one eye.
An overactive thyroid gland is one of the most common triggers for bulging eyes. Another common cause for bulging eyes is Graves disease. Graves disease is an autoimmune condition that makes the thyroid gland release cells and antibodies that fuse the eye muscles. This can directly trigger the condition by inflaming the tissue around the eye or indirectly trigger the condition as it also causes hyperthyroidism.
Other causes for this condition are:
- Any injury that causes bleeding behind the eye
- Vascular Disorders : A build up of blood vessels in the skin or inside the orbit
- Neuroblastoma or nerve cancer
Seeing the white of the eye above the cornea is the most obvious symptom of bulging eyes. Excessive dryness, pain and redness of the eyes are other symptoms of this condition. The patient may also find it difficult to close their eyes completely and have difficulty with eye movements. A doctor may use further blood test and imaging tests to confirm a diagnosis.
Treatment for bulging eyes depends on the condition triggering it. Usual forms of treatment include:
- Eye drops or artificial tears
- Wearing sunglasses
- Chemotherapy or radiation to treat tumors
- Surgery to repair damaged blood vessels
In cases where eyes bulge because of Graves disease, the below forms of treatment may also be used:
- Beta blockers
- Anti-thyroid medications
- Removal of the thyroid gland
- Replacement hormones
- Radiation to lower the functioning of the thyroid gland
- Orbital decompression surgery where one or more eye socket walls is removed
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.