Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep AkolkarYour feedback matters!
The skin is a major organ. It protects the human body from coming in contact with germs, infections and microbes; it helps you feel sensations and also adjusts your body temperature. Keeping in mind the range of functions performed by this organ, you should take good care of it.
A healthy diet and a few healthy habits can give an extra edge to your skin. Try to know about these seven fruits that successfully improve your skin.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice can work wonders for your skin. It can heal lines and freckles on being used regularly. The fruit contains polyphenols that counter free radicals and increase blood flow. It makes your skin healthy through detoxification. Pomegranates can prevent as well as treat skin damages caused by ultraviolet rays of the sun. The peel of the fruit is used along with seed oil, encourages cell growth and hinders wrinkles naturally. It averts enzymes, which break down collagen and make your skin look younger.
- Bananas: Whether you like the taste of it or not, care to include this fruit in your beauty regime for its many benefits. It contains amino acids that are known to increase your skin elasticity. The fruit also contains Zinc and Potassium. While Zinc fights against bacterial infection and prevents Acne, Potassium hydrates a dehydrated skin. Do not throw away banana skins; the inside of a banana skin when rubbed on your face can make it glow.
- Watermelon: This juicy, refreshing fruit refreshes your skin as well. It contains astringent that can naturally tone your skin. It revitalizes dull and boring skin. When you return home after a tiring day, it is best to cleanse your face with a refrigerated slice of this fruit. The red fruit controls signs of aging because of its carotene content. It is also known to prevent blisters on your skin when applied on a regular basis.
- Papaya: Pigmentation is a serious problem that many of us suffer from. Treating the problem through medication works but daily skin care is also needed. Mashed papaya helps in smoothening rough skin. It makes your skin really supple. Many tend to develop wrinkles at an early age. This hampers confidence as you are constantly worried about the way you look. Applying papaya masks can actually control wrinkles.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is known to contain Omega- 3 fatty acids; these acids defend your skin from germs. They prevent you from horrible skin infections. However, the fruit prevents your skin from sagging. It is rich in Vitamin C, which again helps in producing collagen. Kiwi checks the levels of sebum excretion reducing the chances of having a sticky face.
- Oranges: If you are tired of the blackheads on your skin, you have a home remedy to deal with it. Oranges are brilliant in extracting blackheads. Orange juice is also known to lighten one's skin tone. It reduces blemishes and treats acne. Consuming the fruit or its juice regularly can give you a radiant skin.
- Apples: You should wholeheartedly believe in the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Apples are good for your skin as they have a BLT effect. Apples brighten and lighten your skin. They provide protection against tanning. The fruit acts effectively on your skin by doing away with the pathogens and excess oils.
Related Tip: "Risks and Treatment of Dry Skin"
Dear madam I have skin problem around my penis and back side seating space. Its look like a black spot and rashes please help me.
I am losing my hair forehead. My forehead is becoming more wide. But basically I have thick hair. How to accelerate hair growth on forehead?
I have a white layer in my hair skin when I rubbed it .wo white layer nikal aaya bahar or sweet me kuch hairs bhi baad m thoda blood or ek liquid produce ho rha tha waha se. Mujhe dar hai kahi the pure hair skin me na fail jaay.
I am 28 year old male and have psoriasis last two years. I not use medicine this disease. What should I do now.
His hairs are good but every time he washes his hair with shampoo, a lot came in his hands. Also when oiling many hairs again came in his hands. He regularly oils his hairs. What should he do?
Hi I am 17 year boy and I am suffering from pimples and their darkspot. Doctor please suggest me chemical peel for pimples and their black darkspot. I am from india
Dermatologist is the once who "is trained to evaluate and manage paediatric and adult patients with benign and malignant disorders of the skin, hair and nails" they are specialized in:
1. Diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers
2. Management of contact dermatitis and other skin disorders
3. Recognition of skin diseases
4. Derma pathology
5. Surgical techniques used to treat skin conditions.
Five reasons why do you need a dermatologist
1. You are not the doc: though you believe that you know more about your skin than a specialist. You are completely wrong. You might know how your reacts to heat, but you may not know why. And so you need a specialist who can well understand the condition of your skin.
2. Treatments: dermatologist clearly knows what, why and which treatment is necessary to your skin. They are the ones who can suggest necessary treatments without getting your skin irritated for long.
3. Cosmetology: they not only do the basic work related to skin but also do the cosmetic procedures like laser skin treatment, fillers, scar removal etc, thereby giving you the beautiful skin glow.
4. Advice: dermatologist can help you out with which cosmetics to use, which sunscreens would suit your skin and which type of product radiates your skin color.
5. Cancers dermatologist can help in detecting various skin cancers and help you fight the battle of getting rid of it.
Hi, my hair loss started 11 years ago with severe itching and burning. I tried several treatments over the course of 11 years. Though the itching and burning solved I am still having hair loss and every year my hair gets thinner. I used to have lot of hair. How can I get that back permanent.
I am 18 years old and 30% of my hairs have gone white. This started when I was about 15 years old. I have already tried so much herbal treatments but no positive effect. I'm too concerned about it. Please assist me If there is a solution to this problem.
My friend is 27 years old. He is problem with less hair in his scalp. And even his hair is falling what is the solution?
I have a lots of pimples. Every week one and one pimples are created. I uses this time faceclin named one ointment. What can I do.
I live in pune I take more tension rfor work my hair is loss everyday what's a solution please refer me.
There is swelling lymph node of armpit. I could not understand why this happened to me. Is it deadly and what diagnosis should I do for it can I get rid of it through homeopathy please suggest. My life is in trouble.
One of my relative recently developed a wart/mole kind of thing in her lower lip, though it was not hurting her, we consulted a doctor and she was advised to get it removed by a small surgery. When I asked the doctor out of curiosity, I came to know that it was a papilloma tumour or so. Could you please advise more on this. Can this also lead to other medical conditions/cancers. Etc. What should be the next course of action.
Hii I am 22 years old and I have oily skin please tell me the complete step of taking care of skin at home, what products I have to use and what not?
How to remove stitch marks from the face? Give some name of cream which can remove this marks or scars?
2) whenever there is superficial burns
than wrap an ice piece in a plastic and do ice fomentation immediately over the affected area