Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priti ThakurYour feedback matters!
I'm trying for baby 1 years happen for my marriage taking medicine for 2 month. To conceive. Is it gud or bad taking medicine.
Hello doctor, I had my period on 15 th april, I had sex with my fiance on april 18, 19, 20. But I remember that he didn't do inside me. Till then I didn't have my periods. Home pregnancy test is also negative. Then we again had sex on 28 and unfortunately he did inside me. I had unwanted 72 within 72 hrs but still my periods has not come and I also have history of irregular periods. I am in please help me out of this situation.
Iodine is often considered as a trace element and most people do not give it the importance it deserves. This is wrong on many counts. Iodine is very much needed by your body and it is essential for thyroid hormone synthesis in our everyday lives. A lack of iodine can lead to many complications and can affect the physical and mental health of a person.
Worse, in case if you are pregnant, it can affect the health of the fetus. The telltale signs of a thyroid deficiency can be found in thyroid glands, and in case you feel you are suffering from the symptoms, consult your physician immediately. Let us look at some of the signs that can indicate you are suffering from thyroid problems.
- Goiter: Iodine deficiency if left unchecked can lead to the development of a goiter- A swelling around the thyroid gland, resulting in a visible lump in the throat. As the swelling continues to grow, it might cause severe difficulty in swallowing. It also hampers the thyroid gland and prevents it from producing adequate thyroid hormones. It can lead to a condition known as hypothyroidism as well.
- Constant weakness and fatigue: You might experience low energy levels and feel weak all the time in case you are suffering from iodine deficiency. Iodine deficiency can also make you feel tired all the time and you may experience blackouts frequently. Do consult with your physician in case you are suffering from these symptoms as they are extremely harmful in the long run.
- Difficulty in concentrating and lack of memory: Your memory functions may get compromised in case you have low iodine levels in your body. Iodine is vital for the smooth functioning of the nervous system and can have a direct impact on your learning capabilities. It can also cloud your thoughts and lead to mental confusions. It also increases the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Unusual weight gain: Lack of Iodine in your body can make you gain weight. You may feel bloated all the time even though you do not eat properly. Your internal systems may not work to its potential in case you have an iodine deficiency and this may lead to loss of appetite and vomiting in some cases. It also increases the chances of accumulation of unwanted gas in your body.
- Depression: If you feel depressed and restless, it can be due to a nutritional deficiency, such as iodine. The mineral can be very beneficial in increasing the nervous activity and can reduce anxiety, restlessness, and irritation. Iodine also induces sound sleep. Hence a lack of proper sleep can also mean that you are suffering from iodine deficiency.
- Iodine intake: The necessary amount of iodine can be consumed regularly through Iodized salt. Other food supplements can include seafood, cow’s milk, potatoes, and seaweed, which are all rich in iodine.
Consult your doctor before taking in other Iodine supplements.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and reduced sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing.
Hi Dr. I am 42 years old last one year back I got heavy bleeding delayed by seven days ultrasound showed 11 mm thickness with simple cyst and bleeding remain for one month Dr. advised me to take hormones course for six month and bleeding stop. After six month I stop take overall l and bleeding OK for three months again late by 20 days and I found spotting for two three days and periods gone Dr. advised me to to take meprate and periods induced and one month overall l and again in stop overall l this month and delayed by 12 days I took meprate one tablet and I find spotting I stop taking meprate and again periods clear .why I spotting and periods clear. What to do. Ultrasound shows thickness 14 mm with simple cyst in both ovary.
Hai sir when ladies will get pregnant, if we do sex during periods at that time they will become pregnant or else if we do sex in the normal days also I want exact and full complete details about this.
I am 20 years female I have sex problem of one years. At sex time I can't more enjoy please resole l.
I am 25 years old and had a c-section 7 months back. Till now there are no periods. But 15 days back had an unprotected sex. Is there any chance of pregnancy if so when to have a pregnancy test at home.
I am 28M married for 1.5 years. Me and my wife were planning for baby for almost an year and was not successful. My Semen analysis showed that I have 1 million count and 50% motility. Repeated my SA at various labs and results were same. Went to infertility centres and they gave me hormone injections and tablets. I have been in medication for past 4 months, but no improvement in my sperm count. My wife has no complications other than low amh levels. What is the chance of me fathering a child by going for infertility treatment. Will IUI work. Or should I have to try IVF / ICSI. What would be the success rates?
Last month after getting intimate she took a contraceptive name unwanted 72 and she had menz but this month she is not having periods she had 2 tests and the result was negative wot shall she do ? Will she go for a lab test?
My question is that if female periods are 24 and 25 days cycle, 25 and 26 days cycle, 26 and 27 days cycle, 27 and 28 days cycle, 28 and 29 days cycle. Which time prefer for this days to do sex for pregnancy. Please give me best answer.
A night out with its fair share of drinks is enjoyable, but it is the morning after which tends to have the after affects. Hangovers are a problem with anybody who has had a drink too much the night before and it might leave you in an incapacitated state due to nausea, headache (learn more about the facts of headache) and dehydration.
Here are some of the known homemade remedies which can cure hangovers:
- Make sure you take a lot of water and fluids: After you have woken up after a night out where you had lots to drink, you are bound to have a hangover as alcohol is known to dehydrate the body. Thus it is advisable that you drink plenty of water and other fluids. Only water isn’t going to be enough as water can hydrate you but many of the other nutrients will only be supplied by juices, rehydrating drinks, sports drinks or other such. Thus it is important to consume a variety of these fluids.
- Eat a hearty breakfast: The longer you are with an empty stomach, the longer it is going to take the hangover to go away. Eating a hearty and filling breakfast will relieve the hangover to a great extent. However, eat foods which are easy to digest, such as cereals and toast. Avoid greasy and oily foods in the morning as they may add to the nausea.
- If you have nowhere important to be, go back to bed: If you have the time and nothing to do, then it is advisable to sleep (know more to improve the quality of your sleep) a little longer while you keep rehydrating yourself whenever you wake up. This is going to give your body the fluids it needs while resting is going to give it plenty of opportunity to heal itself.
- Eat ginger, both before and after drinking: Ginger has been used as a home remedy across cultures for centuries to treat nausea. It is thus wise to eat crystallized or candied forms of ginger, both before and after consumption of alcohol as it will lessen its effects on the body. You can take ginger the night after as well to reduce the nausea that comes with hangover.
- Stretch out and exercise a little: Between naps it may not be a bad idea to stretch out and exercise a little, which will help you release endorphins to make you feel better. However, ensure that it is light exercise so that the nausea and headaches are not exacerbated.