Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priti ThakurYour feedback matters!
Likoria (Leucorrhoea) is a medical term that signifies a thick, whitish vaginal discharge. It is a natural defence mechanism that the vagina uses to keep up its chemical balance. It also safeguards the flexibility of the vaginal tissue. It might also be due to irritation or blockage of the vaginal mucosa.
There are such a large number of reasons for leucorrhea, the most common one being increased estrogen. The measure of discharge may really increase because of vaginal disease or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), in which case it turns out to be more yellow and has a foul smell. Here are ten herbal cures for Likoria:
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds enhance the pH level in the vagina and are known to influence estrogen levels. Drench one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The following morning, strain the water and include one and a half teaspoon of honey. Drink it on an empty stomach.
Amla Root: For treating leucorrhea you need to take one tablespoon of amla root and absorb it in an ounce of water for eight to nine hours. Strain the root and drink the water each day until your symptoms come down.
Lukol: An ayurvedic concoction, which is a blend of a few intense herbs, Lukol is known to get rid of the pain from the side effects of leucorrhea.
Amaranth Root: Amaranth root has antibacterial properties that helps in treating diseases. Its compounds help in the mending of reproductive organs. Grind amaranth root and add to water. Drink twice per day, morning and night for better results. Amaranth leaves and its branches can be added to boiling water for the same impact.
Coriander Seeds: Coriander seeds are extremely helpful home cure for leucorrhoea. Absorb the seeds in water overnight. Strain and drink this water the following morning on an empty stomach. This should be taken for no less than one week for better results.
Amalaki Powder: Take some amalaki powder and mix it with honey or sugar. Add it to a glass of water and drink. It can also be added to milk or used as a paste to be applied on the vaginal tract for better results.
Asparagus: Blend and boil asparagus with somnifera withania. Drink this for effectively treating this condition.
Turmeric Powder and Garlic: Blend turmeric powder with garlic. This is effective when the white release is thick and irritating.
Walnut Leaves: Walnut leaves have astringent properties, which are helpful in getting rid of infections and treating leucorrhoea. A mix made by soaking the leaves in water and boiling for around twenty minutes. This can be strained and used on genital areas.
Different Herbs: Lamium album, White weed and Tiger lily are different herbs used for the treatment of Leucorrhoea. They should be used under the direction of naturopaths. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Be it measures for weight loss or a fit physique, in modern times, people are beginning to grow more health conscious. If you've already made the transition from burgers to broccoli, then you're possibly on the right path. Yet, following such stringent dietary measures can be a troublesome task. Considering such, the following foods that are mentioned tend to break the monotony of your daily diet and push you further into your quest for a healthier life. They are:
- Spaghetti squash: If you're a connoisseur of pasta, then take note. Spaghetti squash is a healthy vegetable that comes along with its very own noodles. It comprises of a wide variety of nutrients, which include vitamin C and A, along with being highly rich in potassium and calcium. Moreover, it also adequately provides your daily fiber requirement.
- Azuki beans: Azuki beans, commonly known as red beans, are rich sources of iron, magnesium and zinc. Along with such nutrients, it also overflows with folic acid, which facilitates the body in producing new cells and also aids in preventing DNA, changes which can result in cancer.
- Dandelion greens: Dandelion greens are packed with bunch of calcium, vitamins and proteins and can be usually used in smoothies and salads.
- Purple potatoes: All kinds of potatoes are packed with nutrients like vitamin C and potassium, but these delectable potatoes contain almost four times the quantity of antioxidants in comparison to normal potatoes. Furthermore, a study concluded that two helpings of purple potato can decrease your blood pressure by nearly 4% and can also decrease the risk of heart diseases.
- Chia seeds: These seeds, which are entirely grown for eating are packed with fiber, proteins and calcium. They are also rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which lead to improved cardiovascular health.
Related Tip: "Top 6 Vegetables That Supercharge Your Immune System"
I am a 5 month pregnant. I have a cold. Can you suggest me the home remedies for this without medication.
I have the periods. problem, they do not comr at time and its late please tell me how itcan come. onetime to me again please this is a request.
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant and is a rich source of minerals and vitamins including vitamin a, b12 and e; calcium, magnesium, iron and selenium. It has loads of living chlorophyll and also contains many antioxidants. Following are 11 of the many benefits of this amazing plant called wheatgrass -
1. Wonderful healer: wheatgrass heals effectively for the presence of proteins, minerals and amino acids. The chlorophyll content of wheatgrass helps in building blood cells.
2. Anti-ageing agent: the enzymes present in wheatgrass decay superoxide radicals present in human body to control age-causing factors, thus slowing down the ageing process.
3. Colon cleaner: the crude form of chlorophyll has cleansing effect on colon. It also helps in curtailing the development of harmful bacteria. Liquefied wheatgrass renews colon tissues to make them healthier.
4. Skin soother: application of wheatgrass paste or juice on skin cures it of dryness, burning sensation, itching, infection or even insect bites.
5. Sinus decongestant: the insertion of wheatgrass packs inside the sinuses dries it up and decongests it within a day. It throws out the toxins from the body and neutralizes their negative effect.
6. Energy provider: the starch present in wheatgrass gets transformed into simple sugars and renders quick energy on intake. Wheatgrass juice can be consumed by athletes for its rapid assimilation and release of energy.
7. Fertility restorer: the magnesium content in wheatgrass gives rise to friendly enzymes that help in the revival of sex hormones.
8. Body deodorizer: juice of wheatgrass can be effectively used as body deodorant.
9. Dental healer: daily intake of wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay and renders relief from dental infection and toothache.
10. Hair vitalizer: application of wheatgrass juice to scalp and hair roots prevents hair fall, dandruff and delays graying.
11. Pain reliever: scientific evidences have shown that consumption of wheatgrass helped in minimizing pain of cancer patients going through chemotherapy without interfering with the efficacy of the treatment.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I have one kid (4 years old) While delivery in cesarian Fibroid taken out and tested which is normal Fibroid. But after 4 years, again Fibroid appears in uterus. Due to that heavy bleeding in periods and Head ache. Doctor said operation to be done. Is there any medicine to decrease the Fibroid size. We want one more child, conceive is possible without removing the fibroid. Is there any possibility to remove that without surgery. Pl clarify.
Curd rice or dahi chawal may have originated as a south Indian dish but in the summer every north Indian swears by it as well. It is also the go-to meal for anyone suffering from an upset stomach. One of the biggest advantages this dish has over others is that it is extremely easy to make.
Before we get to the recipe however, let's have a look at 5 common health benefits of curd rice:
- It aids digestion: Curd rice is the best home remedy for an upset stomach because it is easy to digest and works against bloating and indigestion. The curd in curd rice is also rich in probiotics that promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria thus relieving constipation and abdominal pain triggered by it.
- It cools the body: Curd rice should ideally always be eaten cold. Curd is a natural fire extinguisher that cools the body and helps maintain internal body temperature. Thus if you're feeling feverish or if it's simply a very hot day, try some curd rice.
- It can act as a stress buster: Curd contains probiotics, antioxidants and good fats. This helps the brain deal with pain and emotions like stress. This makes curd rice not only a tasty dish but also a stress busting one.
- It aids weight loss: A bowl of curd rice can fill your stomach and keep you from snacking. It also has negligible calories when compared to the same amount of fried rice or pulao. This makes curd rice a good meal to indulge in when you're attempting to lose weight.
- It boosts immunity: Being easy to digest is only one of the reasons curd rice is the best food to eat when ill. Curd is rich in antioxidants that give the body power to fight infections. It also gives the body much needed energy when ill.
Now that you have enough reasons to eat some curd rice, here's an easy recipe.
- 1/2bowl of curd
- 1 bowl rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp black gram
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves and salt to taste
Mix the curd and rice in a bowl. Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the cumin seeds, black gram and curry leaves. Add this to the curd-rice mixture and season with salt. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
I had an unsafe intercourse with my wife on last month. For a precaution taken ipill on the very next morning before 7 hrs. On that month period is OK. But this month due was on 11th and not yet come. Dr. is this happened for to consuming I pill or? Kindly reply me a solution soon.
I have a symptoms of pregnancy from last 1 month but bleeding comes before 2days of period with pain and vomiting. Pl confirm I have pregnant or not.
Kissing your loved one not only feels great but also is phenomenally great for your overall health and wellbeing. Did you know that deep kissing can boost your immunity, reduce your blood pressure and can help in maintaining your physique? Kissing has some surprising health benefits you would not have known. Read on to find how kissing ensures a healthier lifestyle for you.
1. Burns calories
Kissing is known to increase your metabolism rate up to 2 times more than usual, thus helping you to burn more calories. In fact, studies suggest that kissing your partner for more than 1 minute can help you burn almost 25 calories.
2. Lowers stress
Kissing can be a great stress buster as it is known to reduce levels of cortisol, ‘the stress hormone,’ in your body. Kissing also helps in boosting your immune system and as a result aids in overcoming post-work exhaustion to a great extent.
3. Ensures more sexual pleasure
Kissing has positive effects on your heart as well as self-esteem, and it is also usually the first step towards sexual intercourse. Kissing also plays a vital role in foreplay, and hence makes sex a more pleasurable and enjoyable experience.
4. Strengthens the bond of love
Research shows that couples who kiss more often and whose kisses last longer may have a better relationship. Kissing helps in increasing the connection between two individuals and ensures the partners of each other’s feelings of commitment and compassion, which consequently helps in building a stronger and long lasting bond.
5. Makes you happy
Endorphins are known to be the hormones responsible for happiness. Locking lips initiates the release of endorphins, which make you feel happy. Studies suggest that kissing helps to curb depression better than psychologist treatments or anti-depressants.
6. Reduces pain
Engaging in a heated kissing session triggers your body to release adrenaline, which is known to reduce pain.
7. Gives you healthier teeth
An intense passionate kiss results in more saliva secretion in your mouth. Researchers are of the opinion that this helps in washing away plaque from your teeth, resulting in less cavities, and whiter and healthier teeth.
8. Tightens your facial skin
A kiss requires the use of almost 30 muscles of your face together. This ensures a workout of your facial muscles and keeps them strong for a long time, leaving you both with a younger look and feel.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person. This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases.
1. Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
2. Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
3. Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
4. Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
5. Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
6. Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Man should never kiss or lick with tongue her wife vagina because it can cause infection. True or False. If I wanted to do so, how can I go for that without having infection. What had to be done by my wife for achieving above objectives.
Ideally, undescended testis should be surgically replaced before 1 year of age .
After birth if testis is not in the sack then chances of malignant changes increase with every passing month.
Initially, hormonal therapy may be attempted but if no descent then surgery recommended before 1 year age.
Surgery+hormonal therapy us the best approach to management.
Risk with No Descent of Testis
*Risk of testicular malignancy*this persists to some extent even after descent
*Risk of infertility
*Psychological distress to the child
Successful detection before puberty though doesn't decrease risk of malignancy but helps in detecting changes if any easily.
The Second Trimester: What You Need to Know
During your second trimester prenatal visits, your health care provider will continue to check on your and your baby’s health, including monitoring the fetal heartbeat.
The second trimester is the most physically enjoyable for most women. Morning sickness usually lessens by this time, and the extreme tiredness and breast tenderness usually ease up.
Your fetus has now developed all its organs and systems and will now begin to grow in length and weight.
You may be able to feel the movement of the fetus for the first time at around 20 weeks. This phenomenon is called quickening.
A fetus born at the end of 24 weeks may survive in a neonatal intensive care unit.
Prenatal Visits During the Second Trimester
During your second and third trimester prenatal visits, your health care provider may check the following, depending on your current medical condition and the health of the fetus:
Any current symptoms or discomforts
Your blood pressure
Urine test. This is done to find albumin, a protein that may indicate pre-eclampsia or toxemia, and glucose (which may indicate hyperglycemia).
Growth, size and development of the fetus
Size of the uterus. After approximately 12 weeks of gestation, the uterus can be felt through the abdominal wall.
Height of the fundus (top of the uterus), starting at 20 weeks of gestation
The Second Trimester: What to Expect
The second trimester marks a turning point for the mother and fetus. You will usually begin to feel better and start showing the pregnancy more. Your fetus has now developed all its organs and systems and will now begin growing in length and weight.
During the second trimester, the umbilical cord continues to thicken as it carries nourishment to the fetus. However, harmful substances also pass through the umbilical cord to the fetus, so care should be taken to avoid alcohol, tobacco and other known hazards.
During the second trimester, both your body and the fetus continue to grow.
The Second Trimester: Changes to Your Body
The second trimester is the most physically enjoyable for most women. Morning sickness usually lessens by this time, and the extreme tiredness and breast tenderness usually ease up. These changes can be attributed to a decrease in levels of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone and an adjustment to the levels of estrogen and progesterone hormones.
The following is a list of changes and symptoms that may happen during the second trimester:
Appetite may increase.
You may be able to feel the movement of the fetus for the first time around 20 weeks. This phenomenon is called quickening.
The uterus grows to the height of the bellybutton around 20 weeks, making the pregnancy visible.
The skin on the belly may itch as it grows, and there may be pain down the sides of the body as the uterus stretches. The lower stomach may ache as ligaments stretch to support the uterus.
The need to urinate often may decrease as the uterus grows out of the pelvic cavity, relieving pressure on the bladder.
Your nose may become congested, and you may experience nosebleeds. This is due to the increase in hormones (estrogen and progesterone) and blood flow that affect the mucous membranes and blood vessels in the nose.
Your gums become spongier and may bleed easily. This is due to the increase in hormones (estrogen and progesterone) that affect the mucous membranes in the mouth.
You may have a white-colored vaginal discharge called leukorrhea. (A colored or bloody discharge may signal possible complications and should be examined immediately.)
The increasing weight gain may cause backaches.
Skin pigmentation may change on the face or abdomen due to the pregnancy hormones.
The Second Trimester: Fetal Development
Click Image to Enlarge
Now that all the major organs and systems have formed in the fetus, the following six months will be spent growing. The weight of your fetus will multiply more than seven times over the next few months, as the fetus becomes a baby that can survive outside of the uterus.
By the end of the second trimester, your fetus will be about 13 to 16 inches long and weigh about 2 to 3 pounds. Fetal development during the second trimester includes the following:
The fetus kicks, moves and can turn from side to side.
The eyes have been gradually moving to the front of the face, and the ears have moved from the neck to the sides of the head. The fetus can hear your voice.
A creamy white substance (called vernix caseosa, or simply vernix) begins to appear on the fetus and helps to protect the thin fetal skin. Vernix is gradually absorbed by the skin, but some may be seen on babies even after birth.
The fetus is developing reflexes, like swallowing and sucking.
The fetus can respond to certain stimuli.
The placenta is fully developed.
The brain will undergo its most important period of growth from the fifth month on.
Fingernails have grown on the tips of the fingers and toes, and the fingers and toes are fully separated.
The fetus goes through cycles of sleep and wakefulness.
Skin is wrinkly and red, covered with soft, downy hair (called lanugo).
Hair is growing on the head of the fetus.
Fat begins to accumulate in the fetus.
Eyelids are beginning to open, and the eyebrows and eyelashes are visible.
Fingerprints and toeprints have formed.
Rapid growth is continuing in fetal size and weight.
The 20th week marks the halfway point of the pregnancy.
A fetus born at the end of 24 weeks may survive in a neonatal intensive care unit.