Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priti ThakurYour feedback matters!
I had a sex in 22 january and his period date is 29 january so pregnancy is happen or not pease reply.
How do I increase my anxiety level? I love to have sex with him, he cares a lot for me and try hard to make me comfortable but I'm not as excited as him. So can you please help me?
Hi, I have PCOD and thyroid level is 5.55 (TSH, and my endometrium is thickened 12 mm, I am taking APCOD as suggested by gynecologist, Please suggest me.
I had a sex two time only 1-2 minute not in deep but for enjoy. Without any protection. Am worry about having any disease. In future. please suggest me. Is their any risk. please tell me.
My period date was 3 sep and in oct my date has missed so how many month I am pregnant? and what should I do to about it? please help me.
I need to know if my vaginal discharge is healthy/normal? i'm 16 years old and a virgin- i've never had contact with anyone in a sexual way so I don't really know if I could still get stis. My discharge doesn't really have any fishy smells, it's just musky and doesn't really stink. My vulva never gets sore and only gets itchy sometimes. I have noticed though that my discharge is always thick (creamy) and has a pastel yellow colour when it dries and when it's slightly wet. I don't really have any pelvic cramps unless i'm on my period, I get pains sometimes when it's nowhere near my period but then I have a poo afterwards. The only weird thing about my discharge that I have noticed, is the colour. It's not exactly a clear white. Sometimes it's a creamy white when it's wet, then dries a pastel yellow. But sometimes it comes out greenish yellow when it's wet and dries yellow. Other than that, everything else is pretty normal. I'm convinced that I have a yeast infection but my vagina is never sore or itchy. It just gets itchy from time to time, which is normal I guess. Please help.
I m 23 years. Since 2 period cycles I have been experiencing very light bleeding. My periods last fr 2-3 days. I got my periods when I was 14 and ever since it had been v irregular. However, since last 6 months my periods became very regular all by itself and the bleeding lasts fr 5 days. Then what is the reason for sudden short n light periods? Had a scan in sept 2015 that showed polycystic appearing ovaries (I have not taken any treatment fr that Till now) A blood test in august 2015 which showed v low levels of vit D n b12. Thyroid - normal. Taking supplements fr vitamin def. I will do any other reqd test. And I know a doc can give precise ans after a test is done. But I just read on the net that scanty n light periods often indicate major health prob. Is it true? Thank you.
Iam a 20year old. Iam having severe lower abdomen pain and I vomited once. What reason it shall be? my periods date is only after 14days. Iam worried.
I have marks due to pimples not pores too so I just want to get rid of it. And sometimes I got heat boil in my vagina.
Hi I am 35 years old .My wife and I are planning to have a baby but she is unable to conceive. So does the way we are having sex effect the possibility of conceiving.
Iam 23 yrs. Old. My LMP was onjan 1st. And now today is Feb 1 st. There was no delay in my menses. And I didn't get periods today. And there were abdominal cramps for some period of time today in the evng. Is there any chance of getting pregnant.
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
My period was on june 1 missed period for 19 days on 15 th june I used home pregnancy test it is negative. Doctor advised me to do tvs n us in that no sac found but thicker wall 14.3 mm. On 19 th day after scan done bleeding started for 2 days n 2 days spotting. Doctor advised me to take susten vt 200 table. Iam very much confused whether i am pregnant or not please help me. Thanks in advance.
Hello, I had my periods last on 6than & this time and had sex on 20than n than between the gap of two days, I was although feeling something inside me with abdominal pain and nausea as well. But when I tested it gave an invalid result, & now on 6th feb I again had my periods although I never had my menses on same date. But I had. That was really disappointing. Now we had tried again from 7th day giving the gap of two and three days. I m having abdominal pain due to which I cnt bend myself towards floor for any routine work. Can anybody suggest what's really happening within me. Please help.
I am in iui cycle. Today is my 17th day. I got white discharge 2 days back. Now its controlled. But itching is there so what to do. Please suggest me.
Nicotine addiction or tobacco addiction refers to an acute dependence upon tobacco products primarily due to the presence of the nicotine drug. In other words, nicotine addiction refers to an inability to stop using tobacco products despite the knowledge and awareness that it is harmful to you. While nicotine only induces addiction, it is the presence of other substances in tobacco which makes it damaging and injurious to health.
Nicotine has the tendency to produce effects in the brain, both physical as well as mind altering, that give temporary satisfaction. This is precisely why people get hooked into the habit of tobacco consumption, which eventually leads to addiction. Unfortunately, stopping tobacco use immediately can also lead to several withdrawal symptoms, like agitation and restlessness.
The main reason why tobacco is so addictive is due to the fact that nicotine releases neurotransmitters such as dopamine in the reward centre of the brain, which in turn improves your mood and gives you temporary pleasure.
Causes of nicotine addiction can either be physical or behavioral, for instance situations or feelings, which make you crave for tobacco. These include:
- Specific times during the day, say after every meal or during breaks at work
- While defecating
- While drinking alcohol
- Stressful or depressive situations
- At the sight or smell of a burning cigarette
- Peer pressure
- While driving
Symptoms of nicotine addiction include:
- You are unable to quit smoking despite frequent attempts.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms after attempting to quit.
- You continue to smoke despite the awareness that it is injurious to your health.
- You forego social as well as recreational activities because of your need to smoke.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"