Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti KamatYour feedback matters!
Dear sir when I woke up from sleep then their is swelling under eyes (puffiness) n on nose n around nose. Thats why my face looks dull and heavy. So pls suggest homeopathy and ayurvedic medicine to get rid of swelling.
His eyes turns bloody red after a few hours sitting in front of a screen. He tries to spalsh some fresh water but it won't go off until next morning. What should he do?
Hi I am preparing for competitive examination very sincerely and hardly I have been sleeping only 4 hours a day for last 3 months and every day when I woke up I hot severe eye irritation and got evening one side headache though I refreshing by using tea tablets it is not working I can't stop studying but have to reduce this side effects.
I have eyes red for three days what should I do please help and my eyes power is increasing tell a way to stop it.
My eyes looks tired all the time infect I get proper sleeping every night. Is there any way to get rid from lazy eyes?
Mai chasma lagata hu. Right eye -4.75 and left eye -4.5 hai. Main lasik surgery karana chata hu. Suggest me.
I can see almost everything. Should I wear glasses when watching tv or when I am using my laptop as a prevention. Because I use my laptop many times a day? Should I wear it only when using laptops or reading books?
My age - 32 yrs Wife age - 26 years (she wears glasses of 5 no.) Pls tell me good eye drop to enhance vision for me & my wife. We can't see clearly things which are far away. Pls tell ear drop to clean wax in ear.
I use specs for last ten years. Glass is a combination of cylindrical and spherical. Is it safe to do laser treatment?
Also termed as diabetic eye disease, this is a disease in which the retina gets damaged due to diabetes. This usually leads to blindness. In most cases, as inferred from various studies, this affects people who have had diabetes for more than 20 years. Diabetic retinopathy can also be a problem for women during pregnancy. With proper monitoring and treatment, this disease can be cured. One major way to prevent this disease could be by regulating diabetes.
Signs and symptoms
Like many other eye disorders, this too has no warning signs. However, in general, people with macular edema are likely to have blurred vision, making it hard for the individuals to carry out tasks like driving and reading. In most cases, if not treated, the situations may worsen with time.
Stages of disorder
- Initial stage: In the initial stage, it is called non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. There are generally no visible symptoms and patients may even have a normal 20/20 vision. The only way to detect non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy is by fundus photography in which the microscopic bulges that are filled with blood can be detected in the artery walls. In case, the patient suffers from reduced vision, to see the back of the eye, a fluorescein angiography is performed. This way the blocked and narrowed retinal blood vessels are visible. The lack of blood flow due to blocked blood vessels is called ischemia. Macular edema can occur at any stage of non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. In this condition, the contents of the blood vessels leak into the macula region, thereby causing blurred vision, distorted images, etc. In such cases, optical coherence tomography can be carried out to show the areas in which retinal thickening has occurred.
- Second stage: The second stage is termed as proliferative diabetic retinopathy. In this stage, occurrence of new abnormal blood vessels is seen. These form at the back of the eye. These blood vessels are fragile and hence can easily burst and bleed, thereby causing the vision to blur. If this occurs for the first time, it may not be severe. Only a few specs of blood or spots floating on the visual field of the patients can be noticed. Within a few days, these spots may enlarge and the leakage of blood may increase, which can impact vision. The blood might take a few days till a year to clear entirely. In some circumstances, the blood might not clear at all. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I am 20 years, I have been suffering from burning sensation in the eye. Even if I close my eyes it pains. I read a lot and work on computer at times.
I am having follicular conjunctivitis. I am putting an eye drop'acupat' as prescribed by doctor. My question is that my eyes are sunken deep. What could be the reason? Please help me doctor.
Till the age of 13, I am having White skin but after that my skin's become dark And also I am not playing so much in sunlight. My question is that how can I make my skin again white?
Hi I need to know that which lens is for my eyes. I do not have any vision defect I just want to use while working on pc because im using and working whole time on a pc and and want to protect wyes from direct contact from the monitor rays.
I always have pain in my eyes whenever I wake up after sleep or concentrate on a thing for longer duration.
Doctors I have a eye problem I can not see soo far with my eyes what I have to do can I do a surgery.
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"