Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parimal R Bhatt
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parimal R BhattYour feedback matters!
My son is 5n half year old, and having adhd problems. Doctor prescribed olimelt 2.5 for month. Can I give to him, bcz I'm worried by reading negatives reviews on online about tablet. please suggest me.
My 5 months baby doing green stools during 1 month. I have consultant with doctor. The doctor advice medicine but no result.
Dear Dr. My son is 6 year old. Now he is in 2nd standard since April 2017. From last one year, he is not writing anything in all subject. Teachers always complains about it. But he is not listening to teachers as well as us. He talks & understand well. We tried a lot at home for writing practice, but no results. His concentration towards writing is almost Nil. Please give the suggestion that how to come out from this problem.
My son 14 years old. Very thin and looks weak while as he is very active physically and mentally. My issue is with his height just 4.7' and weight 33 kgs. For the last three years, am running here n there for his improvement. But wasted money and time. Will you advise me?
Im 24years old girl. I have 1 prob. Ma baby was feed only my 1 breast, 2nd one not bcoz thats nipple was very smal. What can I do for increase the size of nipple.
Respected Sir, My son is 5 years old his height is ok but weight is only 11 k.g, Why weight do not increase? Sir help me because his total report is normal. And wrote some medicine properly.
Can any of you help me in telling ki mai apne 1 month baby ko feed toh Krti hu but pure din me 1 se 2 baar lactogen 1 de sakti hu koi harmful toh nhi hai? please help me.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!