Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Vadodara. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikesh Shah
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Nikesh ShahYour feedback matters!
My bhabhi has tennis elbow and she underwent treatment twice at Ahmedabad but it is still there and at times she is unable to do household chores. She is a housewife 41.5 years old.
I am from but studying in aurangabad from last 2 weeks I am suffering from pain in my both legs and I do not why first it was in the right leg now it occurs in both. please help me as my exams are coming.
I am having some pain in my lower back. Please give some proper and permanent solution for the same. Ayurvedic preferred.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation?
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey and get injured while playing.
- You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones.
After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing. Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If its first episode of shoulder dislocation, usually closed reduction followed by rehabilitation is sufficient.
- In case when patient is younger than 20 years or in cases with bony injury, surgery is recommended.
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery.
- Recurrent dislocations cause more and more damage to glenoid part of scapula and humeral head.
Type of surgery required changes from simple surgery to more difficult surgery with number of dislocations. In cases of simple capsulo-labral damage, capsulolabral repair is sufficient. In cases with loss of bone from humeral head (Hillsachs Lesion), Remplissage surgery is required additionally. When glenoid bone also is deficient of bone, bony reconstruction of glenoid becomes necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
There is pain in my lower back on the left side Whenever I breathe my ribs makes cracking sound just as same as we crack our fingers habitually why so. There is a bit swelling on the chest left side Is at any bone problem or muscular problem or any internal defect?
A group of tendons and muscles that surround the shoulder joint are known as rotator cuff muscles. These muscles allow the tip of the upper arm to be fixated on the shoulder socket. Rotator cuff injuries tend to occur if you perform repetitive movements overhead with professional such as carpenters, tennis players and painters are at the highest risk of this injury.
The muscles that constitute the rotator cuff are:
- Teres minor
The primary function of the muscles mentioned above is to work together in stabilizing the shoulder joint. A rotator cuff injury leads to problems in these muscles and may lead to impaired functioning of the shoulder.
The symptoms of rotator cuff injury are:
- You may experience pain when you move your shoulder
- An inability to lift your arm overhead
- You may hear clicking sounds while moving your shoulder
- You may face difficulties in performing activities such as swimming and painting
Rotator cuff injury may result from the following causes
- Calcific tendonitis: This condition is characterized by accumulation of calcium in the rotator cuff tendon. It results in stressing the tendon which causes you to experience pain.
- Rotator cuff tears: Tears may occur in the rotator cuff muscles that may be complete or partial in nature. Lifting heavy weights while doing shoulder exercises may cause these tears.
- Subacromial impingement: Any activity that requires you to lift your arm up causes the humeral head (arm bone head) to be pushed down below the rotator cuff. If the humeral head is not in its position, then it may result in pain.
This condition is treated by using various methods, such as medications and physiotherapy. NSAIDs are prescribed to treat the pain along with various physiotherapeutic exercises to strengthen the joints. In severe cases, surgery may be required to fix the injury. It is recommended to balance the shoulder muscle strength by focusing on exercises that work the rotator cuff. Any external rotation movement helps in strengthening the rotator cuff.
Hello I am 24 years and 120 kgs. Height 5'7" I get right knee joint pain if I walk or do movement for long. 3 months back in a family function I was doing work like serving food, running here and there for arrangements and after that whenever I walk for little long I get right knee joint pain. Also I get lower back pain sometimes when I wake up from bed but very rarely. The mattress is little thick and also the shape of the mattress is not perfect like little shallow at the top near the pillow. Please help me. I want to reduce weight but I fear if I exercise like running and morning walk it will cause more damage to the right knees. So what should I do to reduce weight without damaging the knees further more? Thanks in advance. Shall remain obliged if I get a good solution.
I have very pain in my left leg knee from two days. I can't even bend also. What is the problem to me and what should I do.
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!