Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh PandyaYour feedback matters!
Sir I had lasik surgery earlier but still I am having problem with my eyesight. Can I have it again.
I am having eye twitching from last 4 days. Pls help me to stop. And also tell me what is the main reason for this.
I powers are -10 and -11. My age is 20 yrs. And I see huge number of floaters. Doc said I have thin retinal membrane. What precautions is to be taken. Any cure if any? Thanks in advance.
I am a student of teeth class. I am feeling very bad from eyessignt. I have weak eyesight. I do not like to eerwere glasses. My eyesight no. Is 2.5 I am heavy bored from this please help.
My working wife complain of swollen and teary eyes as soon as she got exposed to some allergen, like while dealing with old clothes etc. She has rhinosinusitis and has complain of catching allergic reaction while going outside. please Advice how to deal with it?
Dear sir, my self shafeeq .i am just 25 year's old .i have eye problem since 4 to 5 year's .and I am wearing a testing glass also but unfortunately I am not satisfied to wearied a testing glass .b'cos I won't watch a continues 3 to 4 hour movie nor to operate a computer system with wearing a testing glass .why it is happening I don't know. Suppose if I couldn't wearied a testing glass then the pain is came then it's okay but I am wearing a testing glass .what is the problem of my eyes can you pls tell me? See I wanna do a full time job .but, b'cos of eye problem I am not doing full time a job. And I hope that you will suggest me a better for my eyes .thank you.
My location being Hyderabad as of now, being exams ahead next month so I usually stay inside but forget about getting out even if I make a single step in the balcony I start feeling pain behind my eyes spontaneously. Due to UV exposure and sunlight, what precautions and measures I can take to avoid this pain and just be healthy not bothering myself, apart from sun screen lotions.
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.