Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Keten Patel
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Keten PatelYour feedback matters!
My husband has done cataract operation lastonth in his left eye. He has to do the operation in his right eye too but after operation in his left eye he is finding heaviness in his right eye/head. Is this normal for the other eye to feel heavy? He has become so nervous that he doesn't to do the other eye operation.
I am 34 years old male . I uses spectacles . My specs no is -1.25 n -.125 I want surgery for my eyes as I dnt like spectacles . Which kind of surgery will be best ? What will be the cost of surgery ? E what are the after effects of surgery ?after how many years again I will have the need of spectacles ?
How can I increase eye sight without yoga by ayurveda my right eye is weak and left eye is ok somewhat weak not .ore so please response fast.
I have pain on my eyes while moving and touching and I have fever and headache please give me the solution its very urgent I can not tolerate.
I am 18 old boy am feeling sever headache and pain on my back head . And some times I will lose my control. And also my version will going blind . What I want to please help me.
My eyes are getting red sometimes and good at sometimes, sometimes I feel like irritation. When I wash my eyes it is good for sometime and again eyes turns red. I'm working in software industry. I don't know whether it is because of summer or not! Please suggest me some solutions?
I have my eyes reddish always when I rub my eyes. I have taken so many precautions but there is no effect .What should I do?
Sir I have been done lasik operation in both eyes since 2004, still date no problem in my eyes. But I am not used any eye solution till date. My question is any further eye treatment I will take or not? Somebody tell me every day must take eye solution, till date I am not used any eye solution. Thank you.
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.