Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jigen P ShahYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Mera beta 20 days ka hai jab bhi doodh peeta hai vomit kar deta hai koi reason aur solution batao?please
Hi. Doctors. Mera beta 6 months old h . Wo chhoti chhoti cheezon se dar jata h jaise kisi ne zor se bol diya ya phr phone ki ring baj jaye to . Ye jab bahr le kr jao to bike ya kisi b gadhi ki awaz se dar jata h. Sote sote b bht darta h . Kya ye normal h aise bache krte hain ya koi prblm h. please koi help kijiye.
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are:
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Notwithstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are:
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system.
Hi, My daughter is of 8 Months, she has a bad cough from last 4-5 days, we were giving her hatric3 syrup for cough, but there is no improvement, please suggest the better one..
I am an adult of 34 age(m). My child is having chicken pox. Some one suggested to take acyclovir -400 DT tablets 1 tablet per day for five days is it ok? Are there side effects because of this tablets. And this dosage is ok or I should take it more per day?
Can I give both ostocalcium and orofer XT syrup to my son together, if yes then can it be given at same time or at different time interval.
My son aged 6.5 yrs, weight 20kg, height 45, having lactic allergy with cow milk and yellow part of egg as and when he take those, he started stomach pain arround his navel, for sometime but not everytime, he was perfect in health upto 3 years but now he getting thin day by day, worm problem is continuing, giving almandazolam every 5/6 months after taking that pain symptom reduce but again relaps quickly, stool is like decentry type mostly sometime hard, and having little ictchy screen. Energylevel is ok sleep is not good for last two thee days like restless. Please advice how to go for perfect line of treatment. May I first proceed for stool test?
My son, 5 years old, is suffering from recurring cough n cold. After every 2-3 months the symptoms repeats. Starting with running nose, it turns in dry cough, chest congestion n vomiting tendency. Please advise.
My son faces some learning difficulties, lack of concentration & minute dyslexia as per our observation since last 2-3 yrs. He is 6 yrs old & will be going to class 1 in dwarka, Delhi, Need guidance & suggestions for ensuring that my son get over this issue as earliest as possible.
My nephew had a problem in stomach he has not ate many food he got gas in his stomach. He go to bathroom twice and thrice but not cleared so he don't eat well.
My daughter is of 15 months she had fell down so many times from bed. We don't no were it hurt, after 20 minutes again she will start playing. Will the hurts effect her later.
My daughter is 14 years but her completion is dark. How to make her skin fair with home remedies. She uses Vaseline Aloe Vera lotion.
Hi my baby is 2 months old. He is on top feed and breast feed both. Inspite of burf he is vomiting, which medicine should I give him please suggest.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Children are constantly complaining of running noses and flus. This is part of their process of strengthening immunity and hence every child must go through this phase. Prescribing antibiotics every time a child sneezes worsens the situation by weakening their immunity. Hence, when it comes to children, homeopathy is an excellent form of treatment. Homeopathy can be prescribed to children of all ages.
Homeopathy addresses the physical, mental and emotional characteristics of a child and addresses the root of the problem. Though it has negligible side effects, apart from a few homeopathic medicines, it is always a good idea to consult a homeopathic practitioner before administering medicine to a child. Some homeopathic medicines that are commonly prescribed for children’s problems are:
Aconite- This is used to treat the sudden onset of any illness or any illness in its early stages. Aconite is most often prescribed to treat flu and common colds. It can also be used to calm a child in case of sudden shock or fright.
Arnica- Children are constantly falling and bruising themselves and arnica is the best first aid. Arnica can be ingested in pill form or applied topically in cream or gel form. It is useful for bruises, sore muscles, burns and black eyes but should never be applied topically over broken skin.
Calcarea Carbonate- This is used to treat ear infections and colds that are a result of exposure to cold weather. It can also be used to treat babies who perspire excessively from their head and complain of heat and pulsating sensations in their ears.
Chamomilla- This homeopathic remedy is ideal for restlessness, caused by teething, ear troubles, colic etc. It can also be used to treat bedwetting and diarrhoea. A cup of chamomile tea before going to bed can also help a child sleep well.
Pulsatilla- This homeopathic remedy can be used to calm nervous and whiny children who alternate between extreme happiness and sadness. It is also efficient when it comes to treating ear aches that become worse at night and colds accompanied by yellow or yellow-green mucous discharge.
Sulphur- Sulphur is used to treat earaches accompanied by perspiration and redness of the ears. It can also be used to treat skin problems such as scaly skin and acne eruptions. Irritable children who complain excessively after having a warm bath or getting out of a warm bed can also be calmed with sulphur.