Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Himanshu PatelYour feedback matters!
She suffers from too much pain in her leg and take pain killer it affects her digestion. Suggest medicine for this problem Thanks in advance.
I am suffering for back pain since 2 weeks. I have take pain killer but it doesn't stop. What should I do? Should I stop my jim.
I have cervical spondylosis problem. Tell me medicine and exercises and what should I do's and don't. Please I need medication in all fields like homeopathic and Ayurveda and as well in allopathic.
I am 45 years old I have knee problem since 3 months daily its paining badly I hav concerned with my family doctor but no improvement is there I hv taken all medicine but no relief.
From two days I'm suffering from neck pain and I can't rotate my neck, I feel something struck in my throat, lower back pain. What do I do.
Am 23 years I getting last 2 weeks back pain And sometimes getting headache Please what precautions will I take please suggest.
Hi I usually sit on floor while eating by folding my legs in and after finishing my dinner when I got up. I feel heavy pain in my knee joints and I feel like some numb. Please helpe out with this Thanks in advance
I am panka pandey 24 years old, I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis. My pain is unbearable so tell me is it treatable anyway or not.
Dear Sir/Mam My mother is feeling lot of pain in left side of knee of right leg, Actually she has been fallen from riksha before 2-3 months. She had taken allopathy medicine. And she feel relax till the effect of medicine. Pls advice Thanks and Regards Nitin Mehra.
Hello sir I am suffering high fever and I can be eating properly and I also have heavy back pain. Sir please suggest me any medical cure.
I have been diagnosed with Spondylitis in the top of the neck its not the tightness or the pain its the way its affecting my balance! I also have a inner ear problem so not sure what is causing the vertigo or could it be a bit of both can anyone out there help before I go crazy thanks!
A fracture separates a single solid object into two or more pieces due to pressure. In medical terms, a fracture refers to a broken bone due to some kind of external trauma. A crack in the bone, on the other hand, it does not cause a clean break in the bone, there is only a separation or discontinuity in the bone material.
A crack in the bone caused due to repeated stress is often called as 'hairline fracture'. Here are the basic differences between a crack and a fracture in the bone and how to treat them:
- A crack or hairline fracture is rarely caused by a single injury. It is usually the result of bone fatigue, which may be caused due to repeated, concentrated stress over a long period of time and thus, it is also called as 'stress fracture'. Other bone fractures are almost always the result of sudden and severe force on the bones.
- The skeletal system constantly remodels itself. The cells, known as 'osteoblasts' absorb calcium and secrete bone connective tissue. If a particular site is exposed to recurrent bouts of force (which are individually not impactful enough to cause a crack), over time the osteoblasts in that region malfunction and the crack appears. Muscular exhaustion can also cause cracks in the bone. Fractures are caused due to sudden external single force trauma to the bone. Nutritional problems like deficiencies of Calcium, Phosphorus, vitamin D and excessive smoking decrease the bone mineral density and increase the chance of both cracks and fractures.
- Symptoms of a crack are swelling, tenderness and sharp pain in the injured region and the symptoms worsen over time. A fracture has similar symptoms and might also exhibit an external physical distortion and makes it impossible to move that part of the body that where the bone is broken.
- An MRI is often suggested for detecting the crack or crack-prone areas because an X-ray can only detect the crack after it widens somewhat or the bone starts paining because the rays cannot pass through the tiny gap in bone material. A fracture is easily detectable by an X-ray because the rays pass right through the break.
- Complete rest for six to eight weeks is the most effective way of healing a crack. Using a walking boot in case of cracks in the leg bones in also helpful. Healing fractures require extensive medical intervention. Surgical techniques like bone grafting and the insertion of metal plates are used to reposition the broken bone.