Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dipti K ParikhYour feedback matters!
I have bad breathing problem what is reason for that please give me some idea about that is it safe for health or not.
Mere dato mai bahut pahle se problem hai Kabhi kabhi sujan ho jata hai aur pak bhi jata hai jiski waja se kabhi kabhi muh se bhi badbu aati hai mai pareshan hu sir mai kya karu.
I am 25 old I am suffering mouth ulcer on month on month for 7 to 10 days in a month. Please give me any solution.
I have a teeth which is decayed completely after root canaling the teeth ajcent ones getting decaying what should I do now?
I have bad breath due to tongue. The reason I found out is that there is white layer (biofilm) on my tongue. This is the main reason for the bad breath. Now doctors please tell me some treatment.
My granddaughter aged 1 yr7m got 4tooths each 2on on upper and lower jaws and no more further teeth visible now. Please advise when she is likely to get more teeth.
My friend having some problem on his mouth is burning when he eat anything. So give a perfect prescription for that. Thanks.
I seem to have mouth dryness and I experience some odd taste in my mouth and mouth odour whole day. What's my treatment or diagnosis?
Sir/Mam. Day to day my teeth become yellow in colour, I thought stain affected my teeth. So tell me how to I'll get shining teeth. Is there any medicines for this? Can you say what is the treatment?
I'm 21 years old. I'm getting frequent mouth ulcers. For the past 6 years. I have taken several medication, but none worked. Doctors say this is due to vitamin b deficiency. I've taken vitamin b12 too didn't work. Can you help me with this?
I am 28 Y old Male. I have done tongue release surgery 6 days ago. I have trouble with: 1. Tip my tongue has a tingling sensation and Lower back of teeth has a tingling sensation3. While stretching the tongue, I am still feeling the pain. 4. I have excess saliva in my mouth.
What is Gingivitis?
Gingivitis — an inflammation of the gums — is the initial stage of gum disease and the easiest to treat. The direct cause of gingivitis is plaque - the soft, sticky, colorless film of bacteria that forms constantly on the teeth and gums.
If the plaque is not removed by daily brushing and flossing, it produces toxins (poisons) that can irritate the gum tissue, causing gingivitis. At this early stage in gum disease, damage can be reversed, since the bone and connective tissue that hold the teeth in place are not yet affected. Left untreated, however, gingivitis can become periodontitis and cause permanent damage to your teeth and jaw.
Early stage of GingivitisGingivitis.
How do I Know if I Have Gingivitis?
Classic signs and symptoms of gingivitis include red, swollen, tender gums that may bleed when you brush. Another sign of gum disease is gums that have receded or pulled away from your teeth, giving your teeth an elongated appearance. Gum disease can cause pockets to form between the teeth and gums, where plaque and food debris collect. Some people may experience recurring bad breath or a bad taste in their mouth, even if the disease is not advanced.
How can I Prevent Gingivitis?
Good oral hygiene is essential. Professional cleanings are also extremely important because once plaque has hardened and built up, or become tartar, only a dentist or dental hygienist can remove it.
You can help stop gingivitis before it develops by:
Proper brushing and flossing to remove plaque and debris and control tartar buildup
Eating right to ensure proper nutrition for your jawbone and teeth
Avoiding cigarettes and other forms of tobacco
Scheduling regular checkups with your dentist
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.