Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dharmistha N ShahYour feedback matters!
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
I have been having discharge from my vaginal for sometime, though the fluid is clear, but I don't know why the discharge alway.
The solution is to not intentionally think further about plans, but with faith surrender to the supreme and instead of thinking about the plans it is better to read a nice book, listen to nice music or talks which do not allow mind to get frustrated with mental speculations. Drinking cow's milk in night before sleep also should help
1) Is there any possible if I take laproscop treatment for my tubes closed 2) without laproscop is there any medicine to take. 3) After taking laproscop how my days I have to take rest. 4) After taking laparoscope is there any use to my 2nd pregnancy.
Hi im 21 years old and in my monthly periods I suffer with lot of stomach n body pains they are unbearable and vomiting and whole day i'm unable to eat food n drink water can you help me out of this problem. :(
As most of the economies over the world become industrialized, the quality of life increases, but with it comes a plethora of mental health problems. Especially in a country like India, the rapid industrialization and the expansion of opportunities has seen a rise in the number of people afflicted by mental health disorders. Some of the common mental health issues and their treatment methods are discussed here-
Common Mental Health Issues-
Depression – Depression is a very serious issue that affects a significant part of the population. It is not only a public health concern but also a fast spreading problem in the world. Although depression related to stress is on the rise, it could happen due to chemical imbalances within the brain as well.
Anxiety Disorder – While stress and anxiety tend to be a part of your daily life, over time, it could build up and end up being a disorder. Symptoms of frequent panics or anxiety could build up to become anxiety and panic disorders wherein you would be constantly under stress due to external situations such as social anxiety or have panic disorders.
Schizophrenia – This problem is caused within the brain due to neurochemical issues and causes paranoia, hallucinations, frightfulness and distorted thought patterns. This is a major psychiatric disorder and requires extensive treatment.
Eating Disorders – These disorders are marked by problems of eating which in turn affect your health adversely. These disorders are caused by mental issues and are primarily of three types; Binge eating disorder, anorexia (obsession over what one’s eats) and Bulimia (binge eating and then purging to avoid putting on weight).
Bipolar Disorder – A very common mental disorder, this mental problem entails uncontrollable mood swings from happy (at times, euphoric) to sad in a short span of time or alternating phases of feeling ecstatic and often exhibiting reckless behavior to being severely depressed. This is a serious issue and can even result in suicidal tendencies.
Substance Abuse and Addiction Problems – Another effect of stress is the increasing dependence on drugs and alcohol which in turn becomes a pattern and thus may cause problems in your life as you start using these substances to escape reality.
Common Mental Health Treatments-
Many people diagnosed with mental illness achieve strength and recovery through participating in individual or group treatment. There are many different treatment options available. There is no treatment that works for everyone – individuals can choose the treatment, or combination of treatments, that works best. Do consult a doctor before choosing one-
Psychotherapy – The treatment of mental problems provided by a mental health counselor through dedicated sessions over a period of time is one of the most effective ways of countering problems. Psychotherapy explores thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and seeks to improve an individual’s well-being. Psychotherapy paired with medication is the most effective way to promote recovery.
Medication – This is the most common form of therapy that aims to reduce the chemical imbalances within the brain, either through oral pills or through injections.
Support Groups – This is especially good as getting to talk to similar people and sharing experiences with them help in reducing the isolation, thus helping them vent out repressed emotions and connect with like -minded people.
Residential Treatments – Effective in cases of drug or other forms of addiction as well as problems which require conditioning, hospitals and other residential treatment facilities such as a rehab center are used extensively to treat these along with other problems.
- Treatment through stimulation of the brain – There are many newer treatments which are proving to be effective by stimulating the neurotransmitters that help correcting imbalances within the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I have two miscarriage and one abortion in past. I have done my karyotype test and the report shows that I have a abnormality in my chromosome which is 46XX9QH+ My Dr. Told me that there is a chance of miscarriage remain if I got pregnant again. Is it true? May I able to get pregnant through biological way or I have to choose IVF process. Kindly help me.
“If looks could kill…” goes the saying. Looks are considered, an important part of a person’s personality. A person initially attracts others towards himself/herself by his/her looks.
So maintaining ourselves, our looks are very important. One may be of the indisputable opinion that the inner beauty is more important but looks also complement that beauty to an extent.
It always seems that the men are the ones who care about the way a woman looks, but the reality seems to be otherwise.
Women tend to be more obsessed with the way they appear, as compared to men.
Say, an ugly guy who admires the beauty of a woman that he finds attractive, will never lie to himself thinking that he’s “eligible” enough to win her, while an unattractive woman will admire a good looking guy’s facial structure, physique etc. and will do whatsoever irrationally to get him.
Even an incredibly good looking, guy might never want to be with an ugly girl, but would still find the girl-next-door types beautiful without actually knowing them personally.
Again, we come back to the point that the inner beauty is more important than the outer. Of course, inner beauty is undeniable.
People’s true beauty lies in their character, their values and overall in their individuality.
It is not necessary that a person’s looks and character match, since they can be deceptive.
For example, a person who looks suspicious or like a threat may actually turn out to be quite contrasting in nature. However, sometimes the outer appearance can reflect inner beauty, too.
For instance, a person may lie or pretend through his speech and behavior but not through his eyes. That is why it is said that, one should make an eye contact with the other person while talking.
We also, tend to trust people blindly who look innocent and trustworthy and when the tables are turned we realize our folly.
It is not that all people who seem to be innocent are not to be trusted, or even the case of trusting anyone; but we need to observe and analyze the person and also our instincts before placing our trust on someone, however convincing, innocent, and trustworthy they appear.
Therefore, it would be wrong to judge a person only on his/her outer appearance.
What matters more in the end are the person’s beliefs, character and his overall individuality!
Hi, irregular periods, before on april month periods come after 33 days, on march I was waiting fro period come after 29 days but it came after 32 days and this month I calculated 2 dates after 29 and after 33 days but period not came till now, I was feeling mild cram on belly button and down of belly button means lower abdomen but it comes and go type, white milky discharge also coming, before 2 days feeling fatigue, dizziness and shortness of breath and feeling sleepy all the time but now only fatigue and belly button and lower abdomen cramp which comes and go, what to do now, is this sign of pregnancy or just PMS, my expected period date was 16th May according to 33 days cycle, what to do, Another question is I was feeling pain from last 3 months on my lower back which goes till left butts and left calf when I take rest and pain goes all part pain also goes why this happen, please help me with both tbe question. According to irregular periods we have to do intercourse every other day for better results but we bore and leave some days and thats why this problem comes, Doctor told me try for 6 months then if no positive results come then I give you fertility medicine which is taking from 2nd or 3rd day of cycle. By this process how much chances of conceiving is their.
I have PCOd problem but last night I had sex. I don't want take chance of pregnancy. So which is best suitable pills? I heard unwanted 72 or i-pill. Please suggest.
Hi I am 19 weeks pregnant, I got 101. 2 degree fever 2 days back my doctor suggested me to take dolo650 and other to tabs now m feeling quite better. But want to know will my baby will get effected or will my baby will get any health defects.
Which sex position is good for getting pregnant soon. And how much time its take to give best results.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend 2 days after her periods was over, as she told me that 10 days after period are safe to have unprotected sex. Is that true?
Uric acid is a breakdown product of purines that are part of many foods we eat. An abnormality in handling uric acid and crystallization of these compounds in joints can cause attacks of painful arthritis, kidney stones, and blockage of the kidney filtering tubules with uric acid crystals, leading to kidney failure.
Gout has the unique distinction of being one of the most frequently recorded medical illnesses throughout history.
Gout results from abnormal deposits of uric acid crystals in the joint cartilage.
The crystals are later released into the joint fluid.
Gout was once incorrectly thought to be a disease of only the rich and famous, caused by consuming too much rich food and fine wine.
Although diet and excessive drinking contribute to gout, they are not the main cause of the condition.
We now know that heredity plays a role in the development of gout, and it's often associated with other medical problems like high blood pressure.
Not everyone with high levels of uric acid will develop gout.
The kidneys' ability to rid the body of uric acid is partly determined by heredity.
And just because someone in the family suffers from gout does not mean everyone in that family will have the disease.
This risk varies from person to person.
What Are the Symptoms of Gout?
- Sudden, intense joint pain, which often can wake a person from sleep
- Swollen joint that is warm to touch
- Red or purple skin around the joint.
The amount of uric acid in your blood can change depending on what you eat and drink, how hydrated or dehydrated you are, your overall health, how much alcohol you drink, and the medicines you are taking.
It can change in response to a sudden illness..
How Is Gout Treated?
There is no cure for gout, but it can be treated and controlled. Symptoms often are relieved within 24 hours after treatment has begun.
The type of treatment prescribed will depend on several factors, including the person's age, type of medications he or she is taking, overall health, medical history, and severity of gout attacks.
Gout attacks are mainly treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. These include:
* NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as ibuprofen or naproxen, are generally prescribed to treat sudden and severe gout attacks.
They usually reduce inflammation and pain within hours.
* Corticosteroids (also called steroids), may be prescribed for people who cannot take NSAIDs.
Steroids also work by decreasing inflammation.
Steroids can be injected into the affected joint or given as pills.
* Colchicine is often used to treat gout and usually begins working within a few hours of taking it. This drug is used less often due to concerns about its side effects.
Dr. Sanjay Kapoor(Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgeon)
For More Details
1. Hot peppers
Jalapeno, habanero, cayenne and other forms of spicy peppers directly boost metabolism and circulation. In fact, eating hot peppers not only speeds up your metabolism, it also reduces cravings. This is related to its capsaicin content, a compound that stimulates the body’s pain receptors, temporarily increasing blood circulation and metabolic rate. If you have ever experienced a bout of intense sweating after eating a particularly hot tamale, this shouldn’t come as a surprise.
2. Whole grains: oatmeal and brown rice
Whole grains are full of nutrients and complex carbohydrates that speed up metabolism by stabilizing our insulin levels. Slow-release carbs, such as oatmeal, brown rice and quinoa offer long-lasting energy, without the spikes associated with other sugar-rich foods. We want to keep our insulin levels low, as spikes in this chemical tell the body that it needs to begin storing extra fat.
High in calcium (a known weight-reducer), broccoli is also extraordinarily high in vitamins c, k and a. One serving of broccoli will also provide you with plenty of folate and dietary fiber, plus a variety of antioxidants. Broccoli is also one of the best detox foods you can add to your diet.
One study on soup done at penn state university found that the liquid goodness offered an appetite reducing combination of liquids and solids that reduced intake of excess foods, speeding up the metabolism and burning fat. In the study, women chose one of three 270-calorie snacks before lunch.
5. Green tea
It is now a well-known fact, through multiple scientific studies, that green tea extract can significantly boost the metabolism, as well as provide a variety of other health benefits. Green tea is delicious and it’s also rich in antioxidants that actively fight harmful free radicals!
6. Apples and pears
Studies show that these two fruits help boost metabolism and speed up weight loss. Research performed by the state university of rio de janeiro found that women eating three small apples or pears daily lost more weight than women who did not. Organic apples are one of the most widely available organic fruits and pears aren’t too hard to find either, great news!
From cayenne to garlic to cinnamon, spices are one of the best ways you can keep your metabolic rates high. Especially speedy are the more pungent spices such as black pepper, mustard seeds, powdered onion and ginger. A canadian study found that using spices enabled people to burn up to 1,000 more calories daily than those not incorporating spices into their diet.
8. Citrus fruits
Fruits like grapefruit have been shown to help us burn fat and keep our metabolism high. This could be related to the fruits’ high amount of vitamin C, a helpful and healthful component that reduces insulin spikes.
9. Foods high in calcium
People who consumed 1, 200-1, 300 milligrams of calcium a day lost almost double the amount of weight as those who were not getting enough calcium in their diet. To help boost your metabolism, eat plenty of foods high in calcium. If you are unable to get enough of these foods, then you should consider taking a calcium supplement. There are many types of calcium and I recommend calcium orotate for maximum efficacy.
10. Foods high in omega-3’s
Eating foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids is a great way to boost your metabolism. These acids reduce the production of a hormone called leptin, a natural chemical that lowers your metabolism. Animal studies done at the university of wisconsin found that lab mice with low leptin levels produced faster metabolic rates than mice with higher levels of the hormone.
Please keep in mind that there are many other nutritional sources of omega-3 fatty acids, besides fish. These foods include many nuts and seeds. Hemp oil and flax seed oil are both great additions to your diet because they are naturally high in essential fatty acids.
11. Purified water
While it’s not exactly a food, it is a metabolism booster. A german study found that drinking water speeds up fat burning. It is also a natural appetite suppressant and detoxifier.
Mango is everybody’s favourite fruit and also one of the main reasons why most people so eagerly wait for the summer season to begin. It has various types such as alphonso, kesari etc. It is considered to be the king of all fruits. This fruit is not only juicy and extremely tasty but it has numerous health benefits as well. Everybody loves mango so much and it tastes so good that people tend to forget it has health benefits too. Let’s take a look at the health benefits of eating mango:
- Prevents cancer: The best dietician in India says that the antioxidant compounds present in mango help in fighting against cancer. Consuming this fruit can help to prevent colon, prostate, breast and various other cancers.
- Clear skin: Lucknow dietician, the best dietician in India says that eating mangoes can help you to achieve a clear and healthy skin. Mangoes can help you to get rid of pimples and also help clear clogged pores.
- Good for keeping cholesterol in check: Mango has a high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibre that help your cholesterol levels to lower down.
- Improves digestion: The best dietician in India says that mango contains enzymes that aid in breaking down proteins. Being rich in fibre, mangoes help in digestion.
- Strengthening the immune system: Being rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and 25 different kinds of carotenoids, mangoes help in keeping your immune system healthy.
- Eye care: Vitamin A is present in mangoes abundantly.Just one cup of sliced mangoes equals to 25% of your daily need of Vitamin A. Thus mangoes are very good for eye health and promote good eyesight.
Nutrition Chart for mangoes:
One mango (approx. 336 grams) contains about:
- 201 calories
- 1.3 g fat (2%) – Saturated fat 0.3 g, polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g, monounsaturated fat 0.5 g
- 0 g cholesterol
- 3 mg sodium (0%)
- 50 g carbohydrates (46 g sugar and 5.4 g dietary fibre)
- 2.8 g protein (6%)
- 73% vitamin A
- 204% vitamin C
- 4% calcium
- 3% iron
- 20% vitamin B-6
- 8% magnesium