Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atulkumar ShahYour feedback matters!
I have skin rashes problem. Past one week more. In some places have dots (same as mosquito bite). How to recovery. Can I use keto soap.
Dr. please tell me some good pimples cream that cures pimples permanently and good old scars cream that cures permanently and tell me the dose.
I am a 22 year old male and have hair fall problem from last 2.5 years after typhoid. What should I do?
I am 29 years old my problem is hairfall. My hair is falling continuously. My scalp can be seen now. Pls note that I have dandruff problem.
I have bald patches i. E. Male pattern baldness. My question is how can I get hair again on those area? Is it possible? What should I do for it?
Hello. please Rply. Meri age 25 hai. Main 3 saal se roz gym zata hu. Meri body ho gayi hai Bt problem ye hai ki. Meri chest ke nipple hai Woh baahar ki taraf aa gaye hai. Aur jab bhi main tshirt pehanata hu tab nipple ka shape dikhata hai. Jo ki accha nahi dikhata. Main chest ka workout bahut karata hu. Lekin woh nipple plane shape main aate hi nahi. please rply.
I am a 18 year old boy. Nowadays I lost very much hair from my head. How can I stop my hair loss. Is there any chance to regrow hair at the lost area?
I am 61 years and a diabetic. Two years back I have an operation plastic surgery. In the foot. Afterwords I am OK. But the operated area is black color. To become the normal color what I shall do? Please clarify.
Hi, I am 11 weeks pregnant. I see more acne in forehead and in one side of my face. Before conceiving, I don't get acne. So is this due to pregnancy or more intake of milk than before?
Hiiii, In my face full of pimples. And black dots. Looking sooo ugly. Give any prescription to cure that.
I have corn caps in my legs from 3 years. I don't have pain always but when I step on some stone or something like that I feel pain. Please help me regarding this issue.
What is the cost of breast surgery by brave fat grafting or breast implants? Tell in rs. Is it safe?
I have very much black heads and pimple on my face what should I do? To prevent it. Prefer me medicines. So I can get that.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.