Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atulkumar Shah
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atulkumar ShahYour feedback matters!
Hair fall can be due to hormonal changes or water change? Hair fall home remedies? For eight year old how to keep hair shiny and healthy.
I have Pimples and I tried many Creams but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this.
Chehre ke gadde (pores on face) are a very common skin problem that almost everyone faces at some point in their life. A notorious beauty detractor, they can also lead to other skin problems like acne and pimples. So, it is very important to know about the reasons (kaaran) that lead to these pores (gadde).
- Heavy exposure to sun: Dhoop me jyada nikalne se ya der tak rehne se skin me maujud collagen ko nuksan hota hai jis se skin ki elasticity (lachilapan) kamzor hoti hai aur gadde banne lagte hai. So, avoid long exposure and cover your skin when going out in sun. Apply adequate sunscreen of requisite SPF degree to avoid the damage. If it gets tanned or burnt, try yoghurt, aloe vera or cucumber juice to fix the damage. In case of extensive damage, consult a doctor.
- Aging: Umar badhne ke saath skin ka lachilapan kam hone lagta hai jis se gadde bante hai aur dikhne bhi lagte hai. So, take care of your skin and get regular cleansing and moisturizing to keep it nourished. You can try homemade masks or go for skin treatment in a salon twice a month or once a week, according to your age and skin condition.
- Genetics: Vanshanugat (hereditary) kaaran bhi gadde hone ne ki wajah hai kuyki kisi ki skin ki pores naturally bade hote hai. Sadly, it is beyond control, but to combat the menace, you must take extra care of your skin and follow all the dos and don'ts such as regular cleansing, avoiding oily food, drinking plenty of water, etc. to keep the pores in check.
- Oily skin: Jyada tailiya (oily) skin hone se skin glands se jo tel nikalta hai wo chehre pe hi jama ho jata hai, jis se gadde saaf dikhne lagte hai. So, if you have oily skin, clean it twice or thrice a day with a face wash. You can also use skin wipes to remove the excess oil.
- Not removing makeup properly: Makeup theek se naa hatane se gaddo (pores) me gandgi jama hone lagti hai aur wo dikhne lagte hai. Therefore, always remove the makeup properly with cleansing milk. Wash your face and apply a moisturizer before going to bed.
- Excessive use of cosmetics: Jyada makeup use karne se bhi skin damage ho jati hai jis se pores band (block) ho jate hai yaa bade dikhne lagte hai. So, it is advised to use good quality makeup and that too in moderation. It is important to let your skin breathe.
I am 20 year old and mera face day by day dull hota ja raha he mera complexion fair he and black patches hote ja rahe hai, Please advise.
I am having dull. Dry n thin hair Having symptoms of thyroid How could I cure the problem of hair loss.
On these days I'm having tiny red spots on my back and in the hands due to heat. How can I control this.
Helo doctor I am 24 year old I am suffering from hair loss since 1 year I used so many types of oils nd shampoos bt no use so please consultant me a good checkup on my hair loss treatment.
I am 27 years old and have hair fall problem .since last 1 year .doctor suggested me to use mintop 5% to hair gain .i used that but still same issue .Please suggest me what should I do .
My hairs becoming thin. But not falling. I use patanjali hair shampoo n oil from last two 3 months. Is that is happening becoz of those. Plzz tell me remedies n tell me which oil n shampoo is best for men hairs.
Hii doctors, my age is 23, male from the last few years I am facing the prblm of hair fall ,so to avoid hair fall I have shaved my head off still am facing the same prblm ?what I have to do? What is the reason for hair fall?
I had skin infection on my waist area Now it's completely gone but its black marks are still there. Can you suggest me how to remove those n get my skin color back?
Hi Doctor, I have fungus problem on my leg for past few months. I consulted many doctors but its coming in various parts of the body. please give me a solution.
Sir I have a problem of pimples and acne. An I have so many darkspots on my face. I use Skin Lite cream (Hydroquinone + Tretinoin + Mometasone Furoate Cream) on night. And Clindamycin Phosphate Gel USP on night. Is thisbis right. Please suggest me what can I do.
I am 32 years old, suffering from acne from age 13. Acne recurs leaving black marks mainly on cheeks and chin. I have oily skin. Have tried applying clindamycin, adapelene and benzoyl peroxide ointments but problem persists.
I am 22 year of age recently I infected by chicken pox, now there are too many black spotted show in my body. Please give a right medicine to clear black spot.
Hi, I am Dr Sangeeta Amladi and I am going to talk to you about Pigmentation.
What is pigmentation and how does it occur?
Pigmentation is a term we used to describe the dark spots or patches or even general darkening of the skin. In the upper layer of the skin, there are certain cells which are called pigment cells and these produce a certain pigment called melanin. This is evenly distributed in the skin and gives colour that we normally possess. We can get darkening of the skin due to many factors, both external and internal at any time of our lives. Most common cause of external pigmentation is ultraviolet radiations. And one of the commonest cause is a hormone, especially in women. Any of these factors can increase the pigment cells in the skin or actually activate the cell to produce more melanin.
What are the common types of Pigmentation?
There are many common types of pigmentation;
These often cause cosmetic problems and hence require treatment.
Freckles are the common response to sunlight. And you can see them as light brown spots on the face and the exposed parts of the body. They are often seen on the fair skin individuals and from very young ages. They can be effectively prevented by good sun screening habits.
Age spots, also called Lentigines are darker spots. And these are often seen as we grow older, over the age of 40
Melasma is a kind of pigment which shows up most commonly on cheeks in the form of brownish or the greyish brown patches which are sharply defined. They can also come up on the forehead or the chin. Two main factors causing melasma are the sunlight and the hormones. And it is more common in women. Very often, melasma occurs either during or post pregnancy.
Often we find pigmentation being left behind after we develop boils, other infections, eczemas, other allergies, injuries etc on the skin and this is something we called as Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation. It is left behind due to the inflammation that is left behind in the skin. There are certain perfumes, cosmetics and other allergens which can on their own leave dark patches on the skin and we call this pigmented contact om titis.
Another common cause of patchy pigmentation is ageing itself and this is because of the effect of ultraviolet radiations and sunlight on the skin. We often see the unevenness tone or little patchy dark spots and an alteration in texture so the skin gets a bit rougher. This we can prevent to a large extent through good sun screening habits which we should adopt at a very young age in life.
Last but not the least, the dark circles. These are the dark patches which we see under our eyes. The problem of dark circles is that they make us look dull and tired.
What is the right approach to treat pigmentation?
If you suffer from pigmentation, then you should be looking for comprehensive and holistic solutions to this problem. There are many different kinds of products, tropically prescribed medication, and chemical peels which when combined together can help us get rid of the superficial pigmentation. Ideally, it should be customized for you by your dermatologist after the detailed evaluation of your specific skin concern and then decide the best possible way to address it. If we need something deeper then there is a specific laser which called the Q switched andiac laser which is very safe and effective and specifically targets the Melanin in the skin without affecting the neighbouring areas and leaves the skin clear and flawless.
What are the everyday essentials to take care of your skin?
- The first mantra to really good skin care is to protect your skin using a sunscreen. You can use the sunscreen of SPF 15-30 or could be higher. However, the more important is how you apply it. A sunscreen must be applied to a thin film across the face and the exposed areas of the body and then left on for 15-20 minutes to settle it. If you tend to sweat a lot, you need to apply it after every 2-4 hours. And of course, you should apply a sunscreen when you are indoors because the ultraviolet radiations or even the visible light which is indoors can also affect your skin and cause pigmentation.
- A good cleansing regime is very important to keep your skin clean. Choose a cleanser which is formulated for your skin type dry, oily or normal. You can use this twice or thrice daily. If your skin is oily, you can use a toner for deeper cleansing.
- After cleansing your skin, you need to hydrate and this can be done using a moisturizer in the day time and sunscreen itself can be the moisturizer. At night, you can sue a night cream containing Vit- C and this will also help you to stay pigmentation free.
- A balanced diet, good sleep and exercise is very important in keeping your skin healthy. Incorporate foods in a diet which are rich in Vit- C and sun protecting agents like Beta Keratins and anti oxidants. For example red and orange fruits like carrot, tomatoes and other vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, spinach etc and omega rich foods such as fish
Relax- Destress-Fill your life with positive energy.