Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Patel
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Amit PatelYour feedback matters!
I have eye disease my right eye is good 6/6 and my left eye is weak 6/24 how can I resolve this problem.
My name is Dev I have a problem in my eye that'd why I'm unable to see clearly anything. I think this problem created by regarding my liking some time computer and other canals.
I am myopic for past 14 yrs. I do not like wearing glasses. Recently I have realised that my vision is deteriorating. I need help to improve my vision without glasses.
I have eye problem my will pain and from it water come and it will become red and water comes from it. I don't understand why it happen.
How to increase weight? And how to increase eye sight? How to reduce stress? How to increase concentration?
Presently I am using cryzal progressive optical for four months but it restricts the sight by the objects. Please tell whether a bifocal optical can be used simultaneously? While working on computers progressive and rest time bifocal? Please sir.
I had eye sight long distance of 2.2 r and 1.25 l can you suggest about the laser treatment for having without spectacles.? Currently iam using spectacles.
How I increase my sex time more then 10 mint. When I'm going to sex. And how I control see hot video.
How to lose my weight upto five kg and how to stop falling water into my eyes every time? Please help me.
I have myopia how I correct my vision I am tired from this thing because my eye is very weak so I wear specs always I want to remove my specs.
Sir namaste, I have spectacles of minus 1.25D while studying in feel pain on side of forehead my forehead I visited a ophthalmologist 2 days ago he gave me a spectacles but there is no change in my condition please suggest me any medicine so I can get relief thank you.
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!