Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in padra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin’s Aging?
Skin aging is a natural process. While it cannot be stopped or reversed, certain measures can certainly slow down the process of aging. One such measure is regularly using sunscreen to keep the skin protected from skin damage.
Damage caused due to exposure to the sun is the leading cause of skin aging. The harmful rays of the sun known as UVA and UVB have a tremendous impact on the health of skin and speed up the process of skin aging. It also affects those with fairer or lighter skin more due to the lack of melanin in their skin.
Regularly wearing sunscreen has proven to reduce skin aging by keeping it protected from sun damage. Studies have shown that those who inculcate a habit of wearing sunscreen at all times while stepping out during the day have younger and healthier looking skin than those who don’t. The sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
How to correctly use sunscreen to reduce skin aging
There are certain specifics that need to be kept in mind while using sunscreen in order to increase its potency. Some of these are as follows:
• The right product must be carefully chosen. It is necessary to use sunscreen that has a SPF rating of 30 or more.
• It must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun.
• It must be reapplied every few hours as sunscreen gets easily washed away due to sweating and exposure to moisture.
• The habit of using sunscreen must be started early, preferably from childhood.
• Sunscreen must be used even on cloudy and overcast days.
The adoption of these measures while using sunscreen has been proved effective in reducing skin aging and preventing the early formation of wrinkles, discoloration and sagging skin.
I'm 21 year old. I'm medium in colour. Before I was fair enough later I fell ill and I'm still recovering from my complexion. Please do tell me how to become fair. I'm just worried about my skin colour.
Over 95 percent of malignancies arising in the prostate are adenocarcinoma. The remaining types include urothelial carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, lymphoma and sarcomas.
Core needle biopsy of the prostate is used to determine whether or not cancer is present in men with an elevated serum PSA level and/or an abnormal digital rectal examination.
The recommendation is to take multiple core biopsies under transrectal ultrasound guidance.
Primary diagnosis of prostate cancer by using fine needle aspiration is not acceptable.
When positive, the combined Gleason score, based upon architectural features of the prostate cancer cells, should be reported because it correlates closely with clinical behavior and has been incorporated into the tumor node metastasis (TNM) prognostic group staging system.
One should also report number of positive cores, the percentage (or length) of cancer in the positive core, the presence of perineural invasion or extraprostatic extension, and the presence of histologic types other than conventional adenocarcinoma.
The accuracy of pathological diagnosis of prostate cancer can be improved by using immunohistochemistry markers.
From past 6 month my face skin are very rough nd much of pimples came .and in face both side are seen little bit black .before that my skin too much fare give me some tips.
I am diabetic. Problem is with my foot which often gets puss. I keep moving in and out of hospital. Please advice.
How to make clean cheek while in Sunny winter? And while deal with machine and chemical? What the reason for dark skin?
I am suffering from the my skin is very dark and dull. Please give me h best skin lighting cream. Please I given my skin are fair quickly.
Doctor, I need advice from you regarding the skin problem, during summer due to the sensitive to the sunlight my skin is more blackish, please suggest the best sunscreen + fairness cream.
Sir I have a problem on my skin it like itchiness, rashes. etc from last one year I had used fluconazole tab anti rash cream but problem is not solved. Then what should I do now.
I am a 28 Yr old male and have recurring skin boils for last 3 months. What should I do? & Hba1c test result ---> 5%
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
Hearing a doctor diagnose you with 'ovarian cysts' can make your mind think of the worst case scenarios, but this is actually quite a common diagnosis. Almost all women are diagnosed with ovarian cysts at some point of their life. The difference lies in the type and size of cyst diagnosed. Hence, before you panic, read up and get informed. However, not everything you read online is trustworthy. Like every other health condition, ovarian cysts are surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's debunk five of the most common myths surrounding this condition:
- Myth - It requires a surgery: Contradictory to what you may initially think, not all ovarian cysts are harmful. In most cases, these cysts are small, non cancerous and will be resolved on their own. Surgery is needed only in cases where the cyst is abnormally large or where the cyst is diagnosed as a dermoid cyst or as endometriomas. Hence, if you have been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst find out how big the cyst is and what type of a cyst it is.
- Myth - It causes infertility: Being diagnosed with a cyst in your ovaries will not make you infertile or restrict your ability to bear a child. However, it can lead to complications that may cause infertility. If these cysts become infected it could lead to scarring of the fallopian tubes. This is one of the most common causes of infertility. Another situation in which an ovarian cyst may lead to infertility is if it is associated with endometriosis.
- Myth - They are cancerous: With ovarian cysts, every case is unique. However, in most cases, the cysts do not develop into cancerous cells and neither are they cancerous to begin with. A pelvic ultrasound can help your doctor diagnose the type of cyst present in your body. If the doctor deems it cancerous, he or she will usually advise surgery to remove it immediately.
- Myth - It only affect women after menopause: A cyst can develop in the ovaries at any stage of a woman's life. A number of women could even develop cysts that they are not aware of. In some cases, women can even develop these cysts post a hysterectomy that does not involve the removal of the ovaries.
- Myth - It cannot be controlled: If you suffer from recurrent ovarian cysts, taking birth control pills can help the situation. This can suppress the development of cysts in future. Losing weight if you are overweight or quitting smoking can also lower the risks of developing ovarian cysts.