Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Smruti Ayur ClinicYour feedback matters!
Amla Oil Benefits, Side Effects and How to Make in Hindi - आंवला तेल के फायदे, नुकसान और बनाने की विधि
आंवला को गुणों की खान भी कहा जाता है क्योंकि इसमें कई सरे गुण पाए जाए हैं. वैज्ञानिक नाम इंडियन गुस्बिरी वाला आंवले से तेल, मुरब्बा, आचार आदि बनता है. दुनिया भर में उगाए जाने वाले इस पौधे को आयुर्वेदिक इस्तेमाल के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है. इसमें विटामिन सी, टैनिन और पॉलीफेनिक यौगिक आदि पाए जाते हैं. जो कि कई तरह के परेशानियों क ख़त्म करते हैं. आइयेइस्के फायदे और नुकसान पर एक नजर डालते हैं.
1. एंटी एजिंग के रूप में
इसका इस्तेमाल एंटी एजिंग के रूप में किए जाने पर सकारात्मक प्रभाव पड़ता है. ये विषाक्त पदार्थों को शरीर से बाहर निकालने का काम करता है और ये झुर्रियां कम करने में काफी मददगार होती ई.
2. सूजन कम करने में
सूजन कम करने में भी इसके लाभ नजर आते हैं. इसके जैसी ही कई अन्य समस्याओं को कम करने में आप आंवले के तेल का इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं.
3. रुसी के लिए
रुसी की समस्याओं पर को ख़त्म करने लिखने के लिए भी आंवले के तेल का इस्तेमाल किया जा सकता है. इसके नियमित मालिश से बालों में मजबूती और रुसी जैसी समस्याओं का निदान नहीं हो पाता है.
4. प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाने में
आंवले के तेल के नियमित के सिवान से संक्रमण और कई अन्य तरह की बीमारयों में मदद मिलती है. इसे एक टॉनिक की तरह लेने से ये काफी प्रभावी होता है.
5. एंटीऑक्सिडेंट के रूप में
आंवले के तेल में पर्याप्त मात्रा में एंटीऑक्सिडेंट पाया जाता है. जो कि आपके शरीर को कई खतरों और बिमारिओं से बचाता है.
6. दिल को स्वस्थ रखने में
दिल को स्वस्थ रखने में भी आंवले के तेल की भूमिका होती है. इसमें मौजूद तत्व फैटी एसिड और कोलेस्ट्राल को नियंत्रित करने की क्षमता रखते हैं.
7. त्वचा के लिए
त्वचा को चमकदारर बनाने के लिए इसमें कई तरह के तवों को मौजद होते हैं. यदि आप इसे घरपर थोड़ा सा भी परेशान करने के लिए निर्णय मानते हैं.
8. बालों के लिए
बालों के टूटने, रूखापन आदि समस्याओं के निदान में आंवला के तेल की सकारात्मक भूमिका होती है. इसके लिए आपको अपने बालों में इसके तेल से मालिश करनी होगी.
9. गठिया के उपाचार में
जोड़ों के दर्द में राहते के लिए इसमें फैटी एसिड पाया जाता है जो कि उतकों को शांत करके जोड़ों के दर्द में राहत देने का काम करता है.
आंवला के तेल के नुकसान
- सिमित मात्रा में इसका प्रयोग नहीं करने से एलर्जी जैसी समस्याएं उत्पन्न हो सकती हैं.
- कम गुणवत्ता का वाले आंवला के तेल का इस्तेमाल करने से बचें.
आंवला के तेल को बनाने की विधि
- आंवला में कई तरह के पोष तत्व पाए जाते हैं. इसका तेल निम्न तरीके से आप भी बना सकने हैं.
- एक कप ताजा पिसा हुआ आंवला
- एक बड़ी चम्मच नारियल का तेल
बनाने की विधि
पिसे हुए आंवले का रस निकाल लें. इसके बाद इसके रस में नारियल का तेल मिलाएं. फिर इसे एक समान रूप से मिश्रित न होने तक मिलाएं. नारियल तेल के पिघलने के लिए इसे थोड़ा गर्म करें. इसके ठंडा होने के बाद इसे अपने बालों में लगाएं.
It is rightly said that" an apple a day keeps the doctor away" apple, a power-packed nutrients rich fruit offer you wonderful benefits to each of your body organs. So here comes a summarized points on its nutrients.
- Apples are rich source of fiber that make it a wonderful fruit tat aids in digestion. The fiber present, stimulates the peristaltic movements that paves way for efficient nutrient uptake.
- Apples are packed with a good amount of phytonutrients like quercetin, polyphenolic components. Hence, consuming apple prevents from colon n breast cancer in particular.
- It improve the intestinal health by stimulating the metabolism and balancing the bacteria. It helps in the elimination of toxins too.
- Treats anemia and reduce weakness and also provides dental care.
- The polyphenols present helps in treating diabetes by stimulating the release of insulin to reduce the blood sugar and stimulate the insulin receptors in the cell to absorb blood sugar.
- The most remarking ability of the apple is to prevent from alzheimer and parkinson' disease. With its antioxidant property, apple increase the acetylcholine in brain and also stop the breakdown of dopamine.
- The flavonoids present helps in preventing from heart disease by decreasing the level of cholesterol in blood and also in treating rheumatism.
Acoustic neuroma is a benign tumor that occurs in the primary nerve between the brain and the ear. The tumor progresses very slowly and can influence your balance and hearing. In certain cases, if the tumor becomes very large, then it may also impair vital functions of the body.
The symptoms of acoustic neuroma tend to develop when the tumor starts to press on the nerve and its adjoining branches. The symptoms of this disorder are –
You may experience hearing loss on one side which might worsen gradually.
You may have problems in balancing yourself.
A continuous ringing sound in the ears.
If the tumor is large and presses on the nearby nerves, then you may experience numbness of the facial muscles.
In some cases, it may impair the vital functions of the body.
This disorder is caused by a malfunctioning gene. There is no documented reason as to why the gene malfunctions.
The treatment options for this disorder are –
Constant Monitoring: These tumors tend to grow very slowly but might spurt in some cases. In order to prevent damage to your body, they need to be monitored on a regular basis. Imaging tests are recommended on a periodic basis to determine the growth of the tumor.
Radiosurgery: Stereotactic radiosurgery is done to treat acoustic neuroma that is small in size. In this surgery, radiation is directed at the tumor without creating any incision. It is done to limit the growth of the tumor and preserve your hearing.
Surgery: The tumor can be removed by using surgical procedures. It involves administering general anesthesia, followed by removing the tumor through an incision on the skull or the inner ear. Surgery is used to remove the tumor and preserve your hearing abilities. This technique suits for patient under 65 yr of age, moderately large or large tumour, growing stage, significant hearing loss and severe headace.
Though most may not admit, all women have hair on their face and body. It is often masked by home remedies or clever make up tricks or frequent visits to the beauty salon. If you see a sudden spike in coarse or dark hair, especially on your face, it can be an embarrassing social condition. Here are some insights into the condition and what you can do to get rid of it.
Blame it on your hormones:
In most cases, you can easily blame this condition on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone.
But women produce testosterone too- albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone's level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain.
Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you can explore:
- Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
- Side effects from blood pressure medication
- Hereditary condition: Blame your genes
- Cushing's Syndrome or Acromegaly - rare hormonal disorders
- An Ovarian tumor
Usually, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case. Most cases can be treated with
- Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
- Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
- Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
- Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
- Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root
If you are not sure what to do with an excessive facial hair problem, consult our experts today for a quick and easy remedy.
The skin on your scalp renews its cells like every other skin cell on your body. They restore every twenty-four days by forming new types skin cells underneath the old cells to reveal the new ones eventually. Dry skin and dandruff are caused due to many reasons, however, are different than each other. Here are a few signs and causes that separate the two:
Dandruff is not caused by dryness but instead an excessive amount of oil. In a few people, the yeast begins to feast upon the excessive oil and dead skin cells on the scalp, making the skin cells shed off and form flakes on the head. Here are a few reasons why dandruff is caused:
- Excessive intake of sugar, fat, starch
- Improper nourishment
- Heredity problems
- Allergies or sensitive skin
- Lack of rest
- Emotional anxiety
- Hormonal changes
- Poor well-being
Dry scalp is caused because of loss of oil and moisture from the skin and can be caused because of certain shampoos, cleansers, climate, water, or even your eating routine. Signs and side effects include itching and tingling and little white flakes that fall off excessively.
Here are a few ways in which you can fight dry skin:
- Dry scalp can be dealt with by using normal cures, for example, apple cider vinegar since help in normalizing the pH on your scalp and remove the flakes and residue left behind by shampoos, conditioners, and other hair items.
- You can likewise do a light scalp message using regular oils, for example, additional virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, and so on.
- Yogurt and honey can help the hair recover by hydrating them and adding dampness to your scalp to fight the dry scalp.
Here are a few ways in which you can treat dandruff on your scalp:
Wash your hair consistently with a delicate shampoo to decrease the amount of oil on your scalp. qIn case that your dandruff is more serious or a normal shampoo doesn't work, try an anti-dandruff shampoo. Most dandruff shampoos contain solutions like Pyrithione zinc and Selenium sulfide that kill the fungus on your scalp or evacuates flaky skin.
- Pyrithione zinc: It contains antifungal properties that kill the bacterial growth on your scalp that causes the flakes to appear.
- Selenium sulfide: This helps in diminishing the signs of dandruff growth and keep an excessive number of skin cells from being killed along with it. In case you have coloured hair, ask your specialist before using the dandruff shampoo containing selenium sulfide. It can change the shade of your colour.
Loss of hair can have adverse effects on your physical as well as mental health. Not only does hair loss affect your self-esteem or appeal, it also hints at an underlying health problem. There could be many reasons for the loss of hair. ‘Alopecia areata’ is a condition wherein sudden loss of hair begins with one or more circular bald patches that might or might not overlap.
Some of the common cosmetic treatments for hair loss include:
- Hair Grafting or Transplant: Hair transplant or grafting is a procedure that uses surgery to move hair follicles from one spot in the body to another and is mainly used to treat male pattern baldness. The transplantations are carried out in outpatient form, with local anesthesia and mild sedation. Harvesting of hair follicles is done using various methods, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some of the common harvesting techniques are:
- Strip Harvesting: A strip of skin from the scalp or from any other spot where there is full growth of hair is harvested by the surgeon.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): Follicular Unit Extraction is a procedure which involves the singular extraction of each hair follicle without any removal of strip of tissue. Further, it has been noticed that during the transplant procedure some of the follicles can get damaged and in order to, avoid the same the Hair Growth Accelerator (HGA) is used along with FUE technique for better results. The role of HGA is to provide support to hair follicles, for more than 8 hours so that they do not get damaged during the process of transplant.
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT): Follicular Unit Transplant involves the removal of a small strip of tissue from the rear part of the head. The donor hair follicles would be extracted from this strip.
- Robotic Hair Restoration: The devices associated with Robotic Hair Restoration utilize robotic arms and cameras to provide assistance to the surgeon during the FUE procedure.
- Scalp Reduction: This cosmetic procedure involves removal of skin (non-hair-bearing) from the scalp, which ensures that the remaining skin (hair-bearing) can be extended to the area that it is capable of covering the bald spots on the head. This procedure is effective in covering bald areas on the back as well as top of the head. However, it is not favourable for the hairline in the frontal areas of the head.
Liposuction removes fat through suction from abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck. It is a surgical procedure. Liposuction is also called as body contouring as it shapes the body contour. It is also known as lipoplasty. Liposuction is not a program for weight loss. An overweight person can reduce weight best by exercise and diet and bariatric procedures.
Reasons for liposuction
Liposuction is done to remove excess body fat in areas, which are ineffective to exercise or diet. These include fat in areas of buttocks, abdomen, ankles and calves, back and chest, arms, thighs and hips, breast and neck. With weight gain here is an increase in the volume and size of the fat cells.
This can be reduced by liposuction, which reduces the specific area of the fat cells. Also, the fat to be removed usually depends on the area of the fat cells. The results of liposuction are permanent and change only if the weight changes.
Post liposuction, skin that is treated moulds into the newly developed contours and appears smooth in case of toned skin and elasticity. To undergo liposuction one must have a healthy lifestyle and devoid of conditions such as diabetes, coronary artery disease and compromised immune system.
Risks of liposuction
Risks involved with liposuction are:
1. Temporary fluid accumulation may happen due to the formation of temporary pockets called as seromas in the skin
2. Temporary numbness can be felt in the area where liposuction has been performed. Sometimes irritation of the temporary nerve might also occur.
3. Temporary bruising and hardness may occur
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.
P Means postponement. Today not tomorrow. This could be part of low mood and depression. If no depression than it is a lazyness and avoidance in behr. Due to fear and phobia or inadequate tendency. I would say if you are parent or partner of such a problem. You get irritated and aggressive leading to anger or helplessness. This is a bad habit. It can be corrected by getting counselling.
Dash diet: sodium levels
The dash diet emphasizes vegetables, fruits and low-fat dairy foods — and moderate amounts of whole grains, fish, poultry and nuts.
In addition to the standard dash diet, there is also a lower sodium version of the diet. You can choose the version of the diet that meets your health needs:
- Standard dash diet. You can consume up to 2, 300 milligrams (mg) of sodium a day.
- Lower sodium dash diet. You can consume up to 1, 500 mg of sodium a day.
- Both versions of the dash diet aim to reduce the amount of sodium in your diet compared with what you might get in a typical american diet, which can amount to a whopping 3, 400 mg of sodium a day or more.
The standard dash diet meets the recommendation from the dietary guidelines for americans to keep daily sodium intake to less than 2, 300 mg a day.
The american heart association recommends 1, 500 mg a day of sodium as an upper limit for all adults. If you aren't sure what sodium level is right for you, talk to your doctor.
Dash diet: what to eat
Both versions of the dash diet include lots of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products. The dash diet also includes some fish, poultry and legumes, and encourages a small amount of nuts and seeds a few times a week.
You can eat red meat, sweets and fats in small amounts. The dash diet is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and total fat.
Here's a look at the recommended servings from each food group for the 2, 000-calorie-a-day dash diet.
Grains: 6 to 8 servings a day
Grains include bread, cereal, rice and pasta. Examples of one serving of grains include 1 slice whole-wheat bread, 1 ounce dry cereal, or 1/2 cup cooked cereal, rice or pasta.
Focus on whole grains because they have more fiber and nutrients than do refined grains. For instance, use brown rice instead of white rice, whole-wheat pasta instead of regular pasta and whole-grain bread instead of white bread. Look for products labeled" 100 percent whole grain" or" 100 percent whole wheat"
Grains are naturally low in fat. Keep them this way by avoiding butter, cream and cheese sauces.
Vegetables: 4 to 5 servings a day
Tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, greens and other vegetables are full of fiber, vitamins, and such minerals as potassium and magnesium. Examples of one serving include 1 cup raw leafy green vegetables or 1/2 cup cut-up raw or cooked vegetables.
Don't think of vegetables only as side dishes — a hearty blend of vegetables served over brown rice or whole-wheat noodles can serve as the main dish for a meal.
Fresh and frozen vegetables are both good choices. When buying frozen and canned vegetables, choose those labeled as low sodium or without added salt.
To increase the number of servings you fit in daily, be creative. In a stir-fry, for instance, cut the amount of meat in half and double up on the vegetables.
Fruits: 4 to 5 servings a day
Many fruits need little preparation to become a healthy part of a meal or snack. Like vegetables, they're packed with fiber, potassium and magnesium and are typically low in fat — coconuts are an exception. Examples of one serving include one medium fruit, 1/2 cup fresh, frozen or canned fruit, or 4 ounces of juice.
Have a piece of fruit with meals and one as a snack, then round out your day with a dessert of fresh fruits topped with a dollop of low-fat yogurt.
Leave on edible peels whenever possible. The peels of apples, pears and most fruits with pits add interesting texture to recipes and contain healthy nutrients and fiber.
Remember that citrus fruits and juices, such as grapefruit, can interact with certain medications, so check with your doctor or pharmacist to see if they're ok for you.
If you choose canned fruit or juice, make sure no sugar is added.
Dairy: 2 to 3 servings a day
Milk, yogurt, cheese and other dairy products are major sources of calcium, vitamin d and protein. But the key is to make sure that you choose dairy products that are low fat or fat-free because otherwise they can be a major source of fat — and most of it is saturated. Examples of one serving include 1 cup skim or 1 percent milk, 1 cup low fat yogurt, or 1 1/2 ounces part-skim cheese.
- Low-fat or fat-free frozen yogurt can help you boost the amount of dairy products you eat while offering a sweet treat. Add fruit for a healthy twist.
- If you have trouble digesting dairy products, choose lactose-free products or consider taking an over-the-counter product that contains the enzyme lactase, which can reduce or prevent the symptoms of lactose intolerance.
- Go easy on regular and even fat-free cheeses because they are typically high in sodium.
- Lean meat, poultry and fish: 6 servings or fewer a day
- Meat can be a rich source of protein, b vitamins, iron and zinc. Choose lean varieties and aim for no more than 6 ounces a day. Cutting back on your meat portion will allow room for more vegetables.
- Trim away skin and fat from poultry and meat and then bake, broil, grill or roast instead of frying in fat.
- Eat heart-healthy fish, such as salmon, herring and tuna. These types of fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help lower your total cholesterol.
- Nuts, seeds and legumes: 4 to 5 servings a week
- Almonds, sunflower seeds, kidney beans, peas, lentils and other foods in this family are good sources of magnesium, potassium and protein. They're also full of fiber and phytochemicals, which are plant compounds that may protect against some cancers and cardiovascular disease.
- Serving sizes are small and are intended to be consumed only a few times a week because these foods are high in calories. Examples of one serving include 1/3 cup nuts, 2 tablespoons seeds, or 1/2 cup cooked beans or peas.
- Nuts sometimes get a bad rap because of their fat content, but they contain healthy types of fat — monounsaturated fat and omega-3 fatty acids. They're high in calories, however, so eat them in moderation. Try adding them to stir-fries, salads or cereals.
- Soybean-based products, such as tofu and tempeh, can be a good alternative to meat because they contain all of the amino acids your body needs to make a complete protein, just like meat.
Fats and oils: 2 to 3 servings a day
Fat helps your body absorb essential vitamins and helps your body's immune system. But too much fat increases your risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity. The dash diet strives for a healthy balance by limiting total fat to less than 30 percent of daily calories from fat, with a focus on the healthier monounsaturated fats.
Examples of one serving include 1 teaspoon soft margarine, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing.
Saturated fat and trans fat are the main dietary culprits in increasing your risk of coronary artery disease. Dash helps keep your daily saturated fat to less than 6 percent of your total calories by limiting use of meat, butter, cheese, whole milk, cream and eggs in your diet, along with foods made from lard, solid shortenings, and palm and coconut oils.
Avoid trans fat, commonly found in such processed foods as crackers, baked goods and fried items.
Read food labels on margarine and salad dressing so that you can choose those that are lowest in saturated fat and free of trans fat.
Sweets: 5 servings or fewer a week
You don't have to banish sweets entirely while following the dash diet — just go easy on them. Examples of one serving include 1 tablespoon sugar, jelly or jam, 1/2 cup sorbet, or 1 cup lemonade.
When you eat sweets, choose those that are fat-free or low-fat, such as sorbets, fruit ices, jelly beans, hard candy, graham crackers or low-fat cookies.
Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame (nutrasweet, equal) and sucralose (splenda) may help satisfy your sweet tooth while sparing the sugar. But remember that you still must use them sensibly. It's ok to swap a diet cola for a regular cola, but not in place of a more nutritious beverage such as low-fat milk or even plain water.
Cut back on added sugar, which has no nutritional value but can pack on calories.
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal Abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine Abnormalities or Incompetent Cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic Disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated Thyroid Problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial Infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.
Nosebleeds can be frightening and dramatic. Luckily, most cases of nosebleeds can be dealt with fair ease. Nosebleeds can be classified into two types depending upon the origin of the nose bleed, namely anterior and posterior.
- Anterior bleed is the most common, and the bleeding is from a blood vessel which is present in the front part of the nose. These bleeds can be easily controlled by simple measures taken by doctors or at home.
- Posterior nose bleeds are usually indicative of something more complicated and occur mostly in adults or elderly. The bleed can be caused by a rupture in arteries in the posterior part of the nose. These nosebleeds can get severe and may require admission to a hospital for treatment and management. They are the most common in kids in the range of 2 to 10 years and adults older than 50 years.
What can cause nosebleeds?
- The most common cause of a nosebleed is probably trauma or an injury to the nose. External trauma includes a sharp blow to the nose, whereas internal injury comprises of injury from picking your nose continuously or irritation from cold.
- Less frequently, an underlying condition can also result in nosebleeds. These conditions include diseases that make clotting difficult. The inability of blood to properly coagulate and clot can be contributed by blood-thinning agents like aspirin and warfarin.
- Disease in the liver can also cause problems in the clotting of blood. Rarely, cancer in the nose or abnormal blood vessels present in the nose can contribute to bleeding. Another cause of nosebleeds can be high blood pressure, but it is rarely the only reason.
What are the symptoms of nosebleeds?
- Nosebleeds usually occur from one nostril. Sometimes, if the bleeding is excessive, the nostril can get filled with blood and it can cross the nasopharynx and overflow into the other nostril and result in bleeding from both nostrils. The blood can also go into the throat and one may spit out blood from the mouth or vomit out blood (hematemesis).
- Excessive blood loss can cause dizziness, confusion, lightheadedness, and can also cause fainting. Excessive blood loss from nosebleeds is not very common.
- Although, nosebleeds are rarely a complication, it is advised to consult a doctor if the occurrences are too frequent.
Conditioning Before Shampoo vs Post Shampoo - What's Ideal?
Conditioners and shampoos, you need both for an appropriate hair care regimen. Just like most other people, you might have the confusion about conditioner use - whether to use it before you shampoo your hair or when you're done with shampooing.
Read on to find out what you should be doing.
1. Hair Type: A factor that determines your use of a conditioner before you shampoo or after it depends on your hair type. For individuals who have dry or thick hair, using a conditioner after you shampoo is the most apt, especially during the winter months when complaints of flyaway hairs are very common. Conditioning before you apply shampoo to your hair is ideal if you've fine hair as it provides your hair with much needed nourishment. Additionally, it allows the shampoo to distribute evenly all over your hair.
2. Greasy Hair: Applying a conditioner before you shampoo your hair is most apt for individuals whose hair is prone to oiliness. This is because it helps you in thoroughly washing away the grease that gets build up in your hair when it's time to shampoo. The regimen of shampoo and conditioning afterwards doesn't ensure a proper elimination of the problem.
3. The Problem of Residues: If you condition your hair before shampooing, you can rest assure that no residues get left behind on the scalp. This is not the case when you condition your hair afterwards. Many a time, if you don't rinse properly residues of the conditioner used get left behind, thereby weighing down your hair.
Unless your hair is of normal texture, conditioning before shampooing can prove to be beneficial for your hair.
Dermal fillers (also called injectable facial fillers) are soft tissues injected into the skin. This is done to help fill up the hollowed and flattened facial features, smoothen folds and wrinkles, fatten the cheeks, correct bumps on the nose and forehead and increase the elasticity of the skin.With advancing age, your face loses firmness and volume of the facial muscles. A facelift is a non-surgical procedure which helps to restore and create healthier and more youthful features. Here are the things you should know about getting a liquid facelift with dermal fillers:
- The typically used dermal fillers are Juvederm, Reyslatine, Emervel, Radiesse and Belotero. There are several different kinds of fillers that are of different consistencies and volume.
- Fillers are composed of collagen fibers and hyaluronic acids (these come from organic sources) and a few biosynthetic compounds.
- A single treatment session takes about half to an hour.
- The swelling takes about 2 - 3days to subside and in many cases leaves no swelling.
- Depending upon the choice of dermal filler, the results of the facelift can last up to two years.
- The type of filler used, the depth to which they are introduced, the schedule of the sessions and the nature of the treatment - are all discussed and the factors are customized to fit your specific needs because each human being ages differently. Some people get facelifts to shape and sculpt a particular facial feature like the cheekbones. Facelifts are also done for sagging skin of the neck or drooping eyelids. They help tighten the loosening skin tissue layers of the jaws and chin.
- The fillers are not permanent and this is why they are completely safe. They can be broken down and expelled by the body naturally after a given period of time without any health risk.
- Restylane fillers can be used to treat dark circles, drooping eyebrows and remove bags from under your eyes.
- Defective structure of the lips can be corrected by dermal fillers.
- The advantage of a facelift using dermal fillers over a surgical treatment is that they can be altered with advancing age. Surgical solutions look fixed and artificial because they tighten the aging skin permanently.
Two things that most men are generally insecure about are sex and the size of their penis. They are always concerned if their penis size is above average and their performance in bed is good. Although the size of their penis, is not in their control, they can definitely make a positive difference is bed, by holding ejaculation for a longer period of time.
A recent research had revealed that 45% of men last for a less period of time, that is, only about 2 minutes. This statistic may be quite disappointing, but when it comes to lasting longer in bed, the situation can be improved by following some useful tips.
Here are 3 ways in which you can last longer in bed, and make your sex life more fulfilling-
1. The stop-start technique- This technique is quite useful and has great results. When you start getting stimulated and reach the point of your arousal where you cannot hold on any longer- stop. Stop for about 10 seconds and allow your arousal to subside. Continue to do this for a few times, and then release.
2. The squeeze technique- Research has shown that in case you are close to ejaculation, stop and gently squeeze just below the penis head. The pressure is aimed towards the urethra and it helps in repressing your ejaculation.
3. Use desensitizing rubbers- A very effective way to hold back your ejaculation is by wearing desensitizing condoms. These condoms feature a desensitizing lubricant known as benzocaine. But while using a condom, make sure you put it on the right side up, or the lubricant will end up affecting your partners vagina, making sex more difficult
Certain lifestyle changes have also been found to help improve your sex life. For instance a vegetarian diet and pelvic exercises make you stronger and better in bed.