Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Una and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gulwinder Singh Dehal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Gulwinder Singh DehalYour feedback matters!
I m 17 years old but did not even have a single hair on my face please suggest me any medicine. please help me.
Sir, I'm 18 and I just weigh 58 kg. I'm tired of getting criticised by my relatives and neighbours that i'm so thin and all. I want to increase my weight. I'm looking for muscle gainer and all. I know doctors are against my decision. But, please recommend me best, effective and with no side effect muscle gainer.
I have been having sensation near my left lower ribs and sometimes it's very sharp. It feels like pains sometimes as I don't eat food on time and skip it sometimes and I think it is due to gas. What type of doctor should I consult or not
I am 20 years old & my height is 5.8 my weight is 50 kg I have health problems how to increase my weight please give me helpful answer.
Mouth oil holding mainly using Gingly oil, not only oil, but many types of liquids can be used for this purpose based on desired benefits. Let us look into these liquids, procedure of oil pulling, its different benefits, etc in a detailed way. Ayurveda explains two types of similar procedures.
Gandusha ? let us call this as oil pulling. (Though other liquids than oils are also used). Here, there is no gargling. The liquid is filled to the capacity of mouth and it is held inside the mouth for specific amount of time. Later, it is spit out.
Kavala ? It is actually mouth gargling. Here, lesser quantity of liquid is used to rinse mouth for specific amount of time. Later, it is spit out.
Types of Oil pulling -
Lubricating: with oils and fats ? for Vata imbalance disorder. It is done by the use of oil processed with herbs of sweet, sour and salt tastes.
Palliative: for Pitta imbalance disorder. It is done by herbs of bitter, astringent and sweet tastes.
Cleansing / purifying: for Kapha imbalance disorder. It is with herbs of bitter, pungent, sour, salt tastes and possessing hot property.
Healing ? It is done with herbs of astringent and bitter taste.
Different liquids used in oil pulling -
Fats ? oil, ghee milk, Honey with water, Fermented gruel, Wine, juice of meat / meat soup, urine of animals such as cow urine, Dhanyamla ? Fermented grain liquid
The liquids may be mixed with a kalka (herbal paste), The liquids may be cooked or raw
The liquids should be comfortable to touch and smell to hold in the mouth.
A few practical examples -
Sesame seed paste with water ? A tablespoon of sesame seed is made into paste. Add this to a cup of Luke warm water. Use this mix to gargle. It is useful in relieving tingling sensation in teeth, tooth weakness, disease of the mouth caused by Vata (which involves pain as a symptom).
For daily oil pulling, sesame oil, coconut oil is advised.
Ghee and milk is very useful for oil pulling liquids When there is local or general burning sensation, ulceration and wounds caused by foreign bodies, poison wounds, alkalis (Kshara) and burns by fire, it is best to hold either ghee or milk.
Honey - Holding honey in the mouth removes the sliminess of the mouth, heals the ulcers quickly, relieves burning sensation and thirst. It is also useful in quick healing of oral ulcers.
Dhanyamla ? Holding of fermented grain liquid in the mouth removes distaste, dirt (of teeth and tongue) and bad smell from the mouth.
Dhanyamla without salt, used cold, is best to remove dryness of the mouth.
Ksharambu Holding ? water containing alkalis (like Yavakshara) in the mouth quickly breaks up the accumulation of Kapha-mucus.
Warm water - Holding is comfortable brings about lightness and cleansing of the mouth.
How to do oil pulling methodically -
The person should sit in a place devoid of breeze but in mild sunlight.
His shoulders and neck should be massaged with plain sesame oil / Maha Narayana Taila / Bala Ashwagandhadi Taila / Ksheerabala taila. Massage can be given for 5 ? 10 minutes.
After gentle massage, fomentation is given for 2 ? 3 minutes. It can be just washing face and neck with hot water, or mopping face with towel dipped in hot water or exposing the face to steam. Eyes should be covered with cold cloth, during fomentation.
After fomentation, oil pulling is done.
Keeping his face slightly lifted up, he should hold the liquid in his mouth till the mouth gets filled with Kapha (sputum / slimy liquid) or till the nose and eyes start secreting liquid.
Then the contents of the mouth are spitted out.
After this usually, herbal smoking is done but always not necessary.
Kavala ? mouth gargles -
It is used in treating, Diseases of the neck, head, ears, mouth and eyes,
Praseka ? excess salivation, diseases of the throat, dryness of the mouth, nausea, Tandra ? stupor Aruchi ? anorexia and Peenasa ? rhinitis are curable by Kavala ? mouth gargles
I am 25 years old and my period is delayed by 10 days last period was also lighter than normal although I am not having any kind of discomfort like nausea and all what should I do?
Hi sir I am in wish to have microderma abrasion treatment for my face which has black pigments previously I had undergone laser treatment after the treatment the skin got pigmented so, I stopped it. Is there any risks in having micro derma abrasion ,is it effective in getting rid of black completion. After the treatment is it having chances of further hyper pigmentation.
Our body is composed of many elements that carry out emotional and physical functions that are usually in sync with one another. It is important for these organs and other elements to be in sync for good health. All nerves are connected to the brain and are responsible for sending important signals throughout your body. Therefore, even one pressed nerve may send you warning signals such as pain to the body. It is advisable not to overlook these signals. Damage from a pressed nerve might be minor or extreme. It might bring about persistent and chronic issues. Therefore, the sooner you get a treatment for nerve compression, the more relieving experience you will have. In a few cases, you cannot reverse the damage caused by a pressed nerve. However, treatment does relieve you from the pain in most cases.
Nerves are the most vulnerable at spots in your body where they go through narrow spaces and have very less tissue to protect them. These are the places they are more likely to get pinched. A number of the causes may include:
- If the nerve is pressed between tissues, for example, your tendon, ligament or bone.
- Nerve compression in your neck or arm may likewise bring pain in zones, for example, your elbow, hand, wrist or fingers.
- Aggravation or weight on a nerve root leaving the spine may bring about neck or low back pain.
- In case a disc tears, it is known as a herniated circle that can put weight on a spinal nerve.
Some of the common symptoms of pinched nerves are:
- Pain in the region of pressure, for example, the neck or low back
- Transmitting pain, for example, sciatica or radicular pain
- Blazing sensation
To what extent you are affected depends on individual to individual. Treatment fluctuates, based upon the seriousness and reason for the pinched nerve. You may find that you benefit from just resting the affected area and by maintaining distance from any exercises that may cause you harm. If side effects endure or torment is serious, it is best to consult a specialist. You may require one or more types of treatment to contract swollen tissue around the nerve.
Treatment may include:
- NSAIDs - Non-steroidal inflammation mitigating drugs (NSAIDs, for example, headache medicine, ibuprofen, or naproxen) may diminish swelling & helps in certain situation' but it do not work in most of the time and must be avoided.
- Oral corticosteroids - These are utilized to lessen swelling and agony, used in certain specific situations.
- Opiates - These are utilized for brief periods to lessen extreme pain.
- Co-analgesics - These are the main medicines for nerve pain. Carbamazepine, Pregabalin, Duloxetine etc medicines are best medicines for these situations.
- Interventional Pain Procedures - They are the most cost effective and non invasive methods for pain relief as recommended by the WHO. Your pain will be taken care of by the interventional pain physician or the pain specialist.
- Surgery - Surgery might be required for more serious issues that do not react to different sorts of treatment.
I am suffering from a severe pain in my back bottom. It has become regular over a fortnight Please tell me what to do.
I am losing hair quickly. Can you please help me with this problem, I wash my hair daily and take as much care as possible still the hairfall is increasing.
Hi doc, There is a dark patches near private area and some times itching will be there so please tel me some remedies?
Sir, I am suffering from fever for two days. I have some cough also what could I do now please give me suggestions.
The key to a moderately healthy life is often vested in the kind of lifestyle you lead. Certain alterations in your daily routine can bring marked changes in your overall health. The amount of sleep a person gets on a daily basis decides his or her temperament, productivity, and most importantly, the person’s health. If you thought sleep was only a means to relax, you were very wrong.
Getting in sync with your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle, or circadian rhythm, is one of the most important strategies for sleeping better. If you keep a regular sleep-wake schedule you’ll feel much more refreshed and energized than if you sleep the same number of hours at different times, even if you only alter your sleep schedule by an hour or two. A few effective ways can be followed to help the case of sleep deprivation.
- Exercising regularly can have far reaching effects on your sleep patterns- Lack of physical exertion could be the reason behind light or irregular sleep patterns. To remedy the situation, you need to exercise regularly. Heavy cardiovascular exercises are not always necessary; you could do a set of free- hand exercises each day for a stretch of twenty minutes to keep healthy. This helps you to get good sleep at night.
- Eat healthy to sleep well- The kind of diet you follow can also affect your sleep. If your intake of caffeine, nicotine or alcohol is too high, you are sure to face problems in sleeping. It is necessary for you to eat a light dinner; being overly full or being on an empty stomach can ruin your sleep too. Avoid greasy foods, especially at night, as acidity spoils your intentions of getting a peaceful sleep.
- Make sure your night’s sleep is associated with one particular ritual- It is best to accustom your body with a ritual that you particularly carry out before going to bed. For instance, you could take a shower in warm water or massage your head with hot oil before retiring for the day. Such a ritual signals your brain cells that they are required to get some sleep now.
- Keep away from electronic gadgets before going to bed- The bright light of television sets, laptop screens or even cell phones can interfere with your sleep routine. Spending a lot of time on electronic gadgets at night excites your brain neurons, preventing them from any kind of relaxation.
- Cut down on sleep during the day- While twenty to thirty minute long power naps during daytime can help restore drained out energy, longer naps are actually harmful. If you sleep for long stretches in the day, you will invariably fail to get sufficient sleep at night. Hence, remind yourself to not fall prey to the temptations of a comfortable bed during daytime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.