Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Submit a review for Dr Doda's Skin Care ClinicYour feedback matters!
There is probably no person who doesn’t lose some hair every day. In fact, losing about 100 hair in a day is considered normal. But if there is a problem of hair loss running in your family, you are vulnerable to lose even more hair. And it can lead to bald patches and spots in a short time. Approximately, half of all individuals suffer from this type of hair loss by the time they reach 50.
What are the causes of hair fall?
Although it has been speculated that hair loss is quite common, it could be a difficult thing to live with, particularly because it alters the way a person looks. Some of the most common causes of hair fall include:
- Family history: Hair fall is often inherited, indicating that it passes down from one generation to another. This is termed as female-pattern or male-pattern hair loss.
- Stress: The present work culture exposes all people to a lot of mental stress. Hair fall can also be caused by physical stress stemming from some ailment, high fever, and surgeries.
- Chemotherapy: A powerful medication destroying cancer cells, chemotherapy is also known to wreak havoc on hair.
- Wearing away: Hair damage can be caused by pulling back the hair, braiding it too tightly, making tight ponytails or by using too much of hair dryer, hair iron or hair straightener.
- Iron deficiency: Hair loss would be inevitable if one does not maintain a proper diet, particularly if it lacks protein and iron.
- Hair diseases: Hair disorders like ringworm, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and other conditions can lead to loss of hair.
- Thyroid: Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism are known to cause hair fall.
How is hair fall treated?
- If you have hair loss and you are looking forward to treating it, then your hair loss treatment would depend on the type of hair loss you are suffering from.
- If hair loss is induced by some ailment that can be treated or is not going to last long, then your hair would grow back in some time. For instance, if hair fall is caused by thyroid conditions, then administering thyroid medications can help.
- When your hair loss is caused by stress or any underlying medical condition or any medication, then you should try to alleviate it in order to notice desirable improvements.
- In case the hair fall is triggered by some hair disorders, it is important to consult a dermatologist for comprehensive treatment solutions.
PRP For Hair Fall
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is a very effective treatment for hair loss. It involves drawing out the blood from the patient’s body which is already rich in blood platelets. This blood is then concentrated to extract enriched blood platelets in the form of a serum. This serum is then injected into the scalp. PRP treatment can even be combined with hair transplant surgery, medication and micro needling to enhance their effectiveness.
Advantages of PRP treatment for hair fall-
- It is a non-surgical procedure so you don’t have to be sedated with anesthesia.
- It is a short duration procedure as PRP procedure lasts for 60 to 90 minutes.
- It is extremely reliable, safe and authentic.
- Time taken for recovery is very short. You will see noticeable results in less than a week after this procedure while getting to see marked improvements over the course for the next few weeks and months.
- Hair loss is controlled doesn’t recur after this procedure while the result looks very natural.
Non-Eligibility for a PRP treatment
- If you are suffering from malignancies or blood-borne diseases you should not go in for a PRP treatment.
- If you have a current infection you might not be able to sit for a PRP hair treatment.
- Patients suffering from cerebral palsy and Parkinson’s disease are not eligible for a PRP treatment.
- If you are currently pregnant or anemic, you shouldn’t opt for a PRP treatment.
- If you are currently suffering from any form of skin diseases you shouldn’t opt for PRP treatments either.
Human skin is indicative of the health of a person. It is often said that most skin conditions are only symptoms of what is going on within the body. However, there are certain conditions which are caused by external irritants to the skin. It is thus important that you take care of this organ and also be careful in choosing the products which you apply on it.
Why choosing skin care products carefully is important?
In today's world of infinite choices, there are plenty of options in the shelves of supermarkets, specialty stores and beauty treatment spas that offer much variety. However, you should realize that a lot of the benefits claimed are just marketing tricks to get the products to sell more. It is up to you to exactly find what suits you best.
Various types of skin care products:
There are multiple types of skin care products. Some of them are:
- Skin cleanser
- Treatment for acne
- Skin lightening treatment
- Anti - wrinkle or anti-aging creams
Specialized Treatments for Skin conditions: As is evident from this list, not everything is applicable to all people. Thus, they have to choose according to what their most specific needs are. However, if you have a specific beauty regimen where you are using the products very regularly make sure that the ingredients won't do you harm in the long term.
Dangers from lower end Skin care products: Skin care products sourced from cheaper materials or used in mass scale productions have known to contain many harmful chemicals which seep through the skin to cause multiple types of cancers. However the most direct assault is on skin itself and the most common worse outcome would be increasing chances of skin cancer.
Some of the harmful chemicals know to be included in cosmetic products include:
- And Nickel among others.
Choosing carefully and wisely: Whether at the shelf or online it is better to research the ingredients before you buy a beauty product. You should be able to look through the hype of marketing and the clever disguising of the ingredients or warnings in a subtle manner. You are paying for your skin care and thus should get the best quality product possible within your budget. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.