Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ujjain and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Satish BhavsarYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a myopia with -2.5D in one eye and other 2D. Sir in want to ask you that if I am eligible for lasik surgery? And what should be the minimum myopia number for lasik surgery?
Hi Doctor, I am 29 years old and not married. In a day most of the time a sexual thoughts keeps running in my mind. And I don't watch pornography but still this happens quit often and this thoughts always disturbs me a lot. Is there a way I can avoid this thoughts conning to mind.
I am a 29year old female. I have been detected with vitreous detachment in my right eye since a year now. The power of my right eye is -2.5 spherical and -1 cylindrical with axis of 35. The power of my left eye is -0.25 spherical and -0.75 cylindrical with axis of 70. Because of the big difference between the power of 2 eyes and also vitreous detachment I am very uncomfortable with my vision. Also with spectacles it is still OK, but with lenses I feel my right eye is not working at all. I had few questions which are as follows: 1. If I go for basic, Will basic operation help or damage the right eye. Should I go for basic operation? 2. Will I get vitreous detachment problem in my left eye too? Please help me this as I am facing a lot of strain in my right eye lately.
I cannot see straight by my right doctor say that its HV one mthd by doing a simple surgery so I want to how much money it can be.
My brother is having tears from his eyes at least four times a day. Sometimes, he is having pain and now he can't see distant objects clearly. Is there any treatment without using any lenses?
I was operated for cataract about 9 to 10 years back. Some days back, my viewing was hampered due to some obstruction in the eye. This was diagnosed to be a Web which is common and was suggested laser. However before a laser appointment was taken the webs disappeared and I can see normally. Do I still need to undergo laser treatment or it is okay since the web has cleared.
Hello I am getting eye pain continuous from 5 days. What can I do. Could you suggest me some medicine that fix my problem soon?
How we improve our eye vision. Myopic eye and how we increase our height my age is 18 can I increase our height.
My son was hit fairly hard on the side of his head with the soccer ball during a game, and I want to make sure that he doesn’t have any problems. What are the warning signs of a retinal detachment?
Need urgent advice on my sudden myopia, which is worsening by the weekchecked blood sugar HB1AC and blood fasting and both within limits. Im a KCO myasthania gravis since april 2015 and symptoms are under control. Had thymectomy and single bypass in aprol 2015 and severe worsening of myasthenia in june 2015 given pulse steroid and IVIG therapy in june 2015. Currently on Azoran 75mg, pyridostigmine bromide 180mg and prednisolone 15mg / day. Last 15 years eyes had -4.5 and -1.75 however now they are around -6 or -7 fluctuating and this is really alarming. Please help.
Hlo Doctor my eye sight power is decreasing very rapidly suggest some option for regaining the normal vision.
I had red eyes for. 3 days so what could I do, I think that I had flu can you please tell me what should I do.
My eye's are too Good not having any site or retina problems but my eye's are paining may I know the problem?
Myth: It's best not to wear glasses or contact lenses all the time. Taking a break from them allows your eyes to rest.
Fact: If you need glasses or contacts for distance or reading, use them. Not wearing your glasses will strain your eyes and tire them out instead of resting them. However, it will not worsen your vision or lead to eye disease.
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.