Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ujjain and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Bhavsar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Satish BhavsarYour feedback matters!
Whenever I use my smartphone late at night next day I use to heavy pain on my right eye, it feels like that something fire is burning behind the eye and it continues to pain for 3 days and gradually my eye use to get small in size. I use to feel problem with sound and light, what is the reason behind this? Is it migraine?
Hello, I am getting left eye pain due to night shift work and its paining a lot and dried up, its going on for the past 5 days, taken painkiller worked but again it started if I become awake. Is it eye related.
Last 1day my right eye suffered by infection. I went to consult a nearest ophthalmologist. He told that,your left eye power is very low. You must take a specs, here I am feeling guilty. Now what can I do for increase my eye power without specs, and if I will take specs, is that must wear lifetime? Please ans me. Sir/madam.
Seeing halos around street light since fenurary after contracting conjunctivitis, feeling lump in eyes .its been 7 months but still halos are there has it something to do with glaucoma and all?
My Son is 14 years old and since last 10 years is having weak eyes. His numbers are too high and numbers are still increasing the glasses are very thick.
I have red eye problem from five days, I tried many drops such as pyrimol, but situation didn't improved please suggest any medicine.
I have not seen any objects very nearly with out full clarity, how to retina change or glasses which one best.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.