Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Udupi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. U. B ShettyYour feedback matters!
My nephew is usable to sit, walk and talk from birth time and his current age is 3 year please suggest any treatment.
I have got a new born baby boy on 8th july. What care should I take for him. How and when to have feeding. His diet plus mother's care and diet.
I have 1 month baby boy. But I have problem of feeding. For more feed of baby what I am do? please suggest something for come more feed for my baby.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My 6 year daughter has around 6 teeth which came out but only 3 have come back, and it's been quite some time. What should we do?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Hi my child has fever since last two days, so I give her meftal-p suspension but it's not given me satisfactory results kindly Help.
My infant vomit after took meal or feed from bottle for two days and his age is 8 months. What should we do?
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.