Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Udupi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. U. B Shetty
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. U. B ShettyYour feedback matters!
My Baby is 105 days old and mother milk is too short at everyday evening time then now what can I will do?
My son is 3.4 years old. Till the age of 3 he had a regular period of passing stool. Every morning immediately after he used to get up. All of a sudden he has started passing his stool every 4 days. He does not eat ant fruit except banana and cough. He has fruit juices. I also give him green veggies. But he has no other problem like stomach bloating or pain .hes happy and playful and active too. I consulted his pediatrician. He said give him leafy vegetables. But m still worried.
I have child of 2 month but I have not produce milk to much for fading of my child taking satavri with water and milk both. What can I eat to have more milk.
My son is vomiting. Before 5-6 days he was passing stools. Dr. said its for cold. He is not taking food. What should I give him to eat.
My grand daughter of age 4 yrs goes for urination every 20, 25 minutes at home and play school. She doesn't drink much water. It was going on for some time now. What may be the the reason, doctor?
My two month old kid stool, urine and feeding all are normal. He mostly dry cough at night. Doctor prescribed me maxtra and ambrodil lx. I gave him saline drips also. Please advice.
My son is just 20 days old, every night he use to cry a lot and not able to digest mother milk properly, he's throwing milk many times and his stomach creates sound also and he is not at all comfortable just keep on crying. Kindly suggest as fast as possible. As he won't able to drink mothers milk properly which can effect his growing health.
Chickenpox is a contagious viral disease that mostly affects children. It appears on the skin as rash-like itchy red spots that can develop into blisters. The main parts of the body that get affected are the face, scalp, chest, belly, back, arms and legs. It generally starts in one location and cyclically spreads to other parts over the course of 1-2 weeks time.
Chickenpox is uncommon now since children are routinely immunised against it these days. Yet outbreaks keep occurring from time to time, for the cases who haven't been vaccinated.
What is the cause of chickenpox?
- Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV) and spreads through direct contamination.
- If the blister breaks open and the virus infects the surface of objects, it gets transferred when one touches the object and then touches any body part, thereby spreading through contact.
- It also spreads through aerial contamination when a person infected by it coughs or sneezes, which allows the virus to extend to various surfaces.
- When an unimmunised child with a weak immune system comes into contact with an adult suffering from a shingles (a type of a viral infection in adults caused by the same chicken pox virus) rash, the child is susceptible to contracting the chickenpox virus.
Now let's turn our attention to the symptoms of this disease in children.
The symptoms of chickenpox do not manifest themselves till 2-3 weeks after contamination. The exact time required for the signs to show varies from person to person and is known as the 'incubation period'.
Following are the symptoms of chickenpox in children:
- Exhaustion and lethargy
- Swollen glands.
- High fever accompanied by a headache and body ache
- Loss of appetite
- Signs of signs of dehydration
- The eruption of red rashes and fluid-filled blisters on the skin, which may become painful
- Chest pain and breathing difficulty, although it is less common
The symptoms of chickenpox tend to be milder in children than in adults and hence, identifying the signs is harder and may take longer. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!