Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Udupi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shakila
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ShakilaYour feedback matters!
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
Dear doctor The kind of squint I have is not constantly there. Sometimes My right eye is completely normal but sometimes it appears, the iris diverges, more often, due to increased phone usage or when I watch TV. What is the reason behind it? How can it be cured? Is there anything to be worried? And what is this concept of sometimes? Please suggest me if there's any exercise I can do to treat it.
My left eye is paining from yesterday. Now it became a little red and swallowed from downwards. 23 june I have my important exam. Please suggest something.
My self being 68 years old went for eye check up in a reputed eye hospital in Chennai After examination I was told that Cataract is in its very early stage and immediate contract surgery is not needed and asked me to come after 6 moths check up. They have however suggested eye drop" Genteal Lubricant eye drop" for some time Kindly let me know purpose of that eye drop. Does it restrict/contain Glare which is my compliant.
When I work in front of system. I use to get eyes pain and sometimes my eyes use to get red. Is this okay Or I need to go to doctor. please do needful.
Glaucoma is a serious eye condition in which the optic nerve gets damaged and the situation gets worse over time. If untreated, individuals may go permanently blind. Most individuals, with glaucoma, have no previous symptoms or warning signs of this disorder and this is the reason why it is important to have regular eye check-ups.
Causes of glaucoma
Eyes have a liquid called aqueous humor. This fluid flows out of the eyes through mesh like channels for proper lubrication of the eye. However, there can be situations in which these channels may get blocked. In such a case, there would be a build-up of this liquid, thereby causing an increase in fluid pressure. This is usually a major cause of glaucoma. Although there has been no elaborate evidence of what exactly causes this blockage, doctors have noticed that this can be inherited.
Other less common causes include:
- Any sort of blunt injury or chemical injury to the eye
- Blocking of blood vessels inside the eye
- Other inflammatory conditions
- Improper eye surgery
Types of glaucoma
There are mainly two kinds of glaucoma than can occur:
- Open-angle glaucoma: This is the most common kind of glaucoma and is also called wide-angled glaucoma. In this kind, the tubular meshwork through which the liquid flow occurs is normal. However, the fluid flow isn’t the way it should be.
- Angle-closure glaucoma: This is also known as acute glaucoma or chronic angle closure. In this case, the liquid is not able to drain properly because of the angle between the iris and the cornea being too narrow, thus causing the iris to be in the way. This can cause a sudden build-up of pressure, thereby leading to chronic glaucoma.
Facts about glaucoma
- This disorder usually has no previous signs or symptoms and occurs all of a sudden.
- This disorder mainly affects individuals above 40 years of age.
- Glaucoma can be inherited.
- People with diabetes have chances of suffering from glaucoma.
- If not treated early, it may lead to permanent blindness.
Symptoms of glaucoma
Usually there aren’t many symptoms to warn people about this disorder. However, one of the first signs is definitely losing peripheral or side vision. Other symptoms might include
- Chronic vision loss
- Visibility of halo around lights
- Narrowed vision
Glaucoma is treated by any of the three methods:
- Prescription eye drops in order to reduce eye fluid formation, thereby resulting in outflow increase
- Laser surgery
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.